Mouse recommendations for both FPS and MMO

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

This makes it a bit tricky, I want the accuracy and control of an FPS mouse but enough buttons to play WoW.

There is RAT 7 MMO but RAT mice have reliability issues, and this one is quite expensive. Then there is the Razer naga, with plenty of buttons, and "ok" for fps, but I want better.

So what I really need is a mouse with an fps focus/ sensitivity control, but a decent number of buttons.

Some recommendations I have come across:

Logitech G9X

SteelSeries Sensei

Logitech G500

Corsair Vengeance M60 ( there is an FPS, and an MMO version)

Cooler Master Storm Inferno

Opinions?

(Note: ignore the prices, links are for US Amazon)

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23824 Posts

Logitech G500 Ive been using mine for nearly three years best mouse Ive used, for any game type.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

I'm getting the R.A.T 7 in a couple days. Looks amazing and it was 40$ off at NCIX, so I thought I would pick it up.

Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
I use both a m60 and a thermaltake black element, the black element is advertised as an mmo/rts mouse but it also works great for fps's. it's also extremely comfy for palm grip
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dramaybaz
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]Logitech G500 Ive been using mine for nearly three years best mouse Ive used.

What other mice did you try? and what kind of games do you mainly play?
nilzg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nilzg
Member since 2008 • 753 Posts

I'm getting the R.A.T 7 in a couple days. Looks amazing and it was 40$ off at NCIX, so I thought I would pick it up.

KABCOOL
the RAT 7 is great a little weird at first though (the handeling) (I'm using one on my pc) the G500 is also great I'm using that one on my laptop
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23824 Posts
[QUOTE="dramaybaz"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"]Logitech G500 Ive been using mine for nearly three years best mouse Ive used.

What other mice did you try? and what kind of games do you mainly play?

Ive used logitech,Microsoft and razor gaming mice in the past. But as for the games I play RTS,MMO,RPG and FPS's and you can set custom keys onto the G500 and it will automatically switch the profile for the game with the setpoint software. Also you can pre program dpi settings too. Its a great mouse.
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dramaybaz
Yes, I am leaning largely towards the G500. But any opinions on Corsair Vengeance M90, and its use in FPS?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

well, best advise I can give is that if you can, try to see/feel/hold them all in real life.

I find it that the only real dividing factor in mice of this type, are how well they fit into your hand.

Been using some raptor, razor, Logitech amd MS mice in my life, I found that the Logitech mice tend to fit my hand better, and prevent me from straining (since the curves fir my hand pretty well). Currently using a G500.

I can nowever NOT use the Razor mice all that well, they tend to be too low, and not really fit my hand, causing me to strain, but alot of people do not have that problem (and they are much easier to use left handed where the G500 would be a nightmare)

but as for performance? eeh pretty noen existent, sure alot of people who swears to one brand, or specific mouse, will tell you differently, but to me it is all a preference thing, pure and simple.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

As said above, make sure you try before you buy. I have tried many 'great' gaming mice but actually hated how they felt.

You could look at Roccat like the kone and kova+, they have a pretty cool feature for having multiple actions per button, almost like a shift key.

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
I switch around between mice, but the Cooler Master Xornet is decent especially at $25
bkong0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bkong0
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I've really enjoyed my G500 as well. I was having some issues with it after about a year and a half of use, as in, it would sometimes lose signal. Logitech sent over an advanced replacement within a few days, gaming's been great again with it!
lulmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lulmont
Member since 2010 • 671 Posts

I've owned a G500 and G400 I much prefer the 400 I seem to play better with it and it's cheaper.