Mouse Recommendations

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

Need some recommendations for a decent mouse. Been using the M8000X built-in 32KB GHOST which came with my GTX 590. But it's getting uncomfortable in my hand. Really need a new one that's comfortable.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@mep69 said:

But it's getting uncomfortable in my hand.

Not sure what that means but I need to know your grip type before I can recommand a gaming mouse (palm, claw or fingertip) and do you need DPI change on the fly? extra mouse bottons? LEDs?

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mep69

Ah the rubber grips on the sides have come unstuck and the recesses on the sides are now too deep and makes my knuckles hurt.

I would say Palm grip. DPI, extra buttons and LEDs are always good.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@mep69 said:

Ah the rubber grips on the sides have come unstuck and the recesses on the sides are now too deep and makes my knuckles hurt.

I would say Palm grip. DPI, extra buttons and LEDs are always good.

Razer DeathAdder, or do you want it in different colour or brand?

EDIT: check out DeathAdder Chroma which allows you to switch colours

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mep69

The DeathAdder Chroma isn't out for 11 day in the UK, but I will preorder it and endure. Thanks for you're advice, will let you know how I get on when I get it.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GeryGo  Moderator

@mep69 said:

The DeathAdder Chroma isn't out for 11 day in the UK, but I will preorder it and endure. Thanks for you're advice, will let you know how I get on when I get it.

Sure thing, glad to help

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#7  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17765 Posts

I use death adder 2013 when I play at my desktop because that is where I play more competitively with the claw grip. When I am on the couch in the living room, I have the mouse lower so I use palm grip with Logitech G700s. For palm grip I would recommend the G700s over the Death Adder. Also, the G700s works great in both wired and wireless mode. Both mice are great though.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I have two mice I would recommend. One is Roccat Kone XTD if you have to have a wired mouse. IMO it's the best on the market. The other is Logitech G700...wireless but you would never know.

Those are the cream of the crop in my opinion.

sentenced83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 sentenced83
Member since 2005 • 1529 Posts

Corsair m60 is excellent

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Razer Deathadder I have the 2013 edition best mouse I have ever used just took some time to readjust my grip to it but its been perfect since very comfortable and great sensor. If this one ever breaks I plan to buy another one as long as they maintain the same quality or improve upon this one don't any desire to try a different mouse.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

@mep69 said:

Can't go wrong with a Death Adder great mouse I am a Hybrid Grip using Claw and Fingertip style and its perfect for me and my hands I have pretty big hands and really like the way this mouse feels in my hand. Initially it felt weird coming from a Razer Lachesis but like this one much much more once I adjusted so even if you initially find it feels weird I would stick with it give it at least 2 weeks of use before making your final judgement. Personally I just turn off the lights of mine since I don't like the glow at night hitting my eyes.

Also its crazy how ridiculously high DPI sensor have gotten on mice 10,000 dpi sensor lol on the Death Adder Chroma you can finally say your mouse dpi is over 9000 with this mouse lol. Its just a marketing gimick of course though you don't need anywhere near as high or its way to sensitive I lowered mine down to 1500 DPI and its perfect there for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Razer Deathadder is a pretty good mouse for the amount of money it costs. Nice rubber grips on the thumb and pinkie finger side that haven't been worn down for the year I've had the thing. Excellent software to adjust DPI and sensitivity. The cord is very thin and pliable, it doesn't give you the weird resistance that other mouse wires sometimes do. I'll probably be buying Deathadders for the rest of my life.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@airshocker said:

Razer Deathadder is a pretty good mouse for the amount of money it costs. Nice rubber grips on the thumb and pinkie finger side that haven't been worn down for the year I've had the thing. Excellent software to adjust DPI and sensitivity. The cord is very thin and pliable, it doesn't give you the weird resistance that other mouse wires sometimes do. I'll probably be buying Deathadders for the rest of my life.

I will go with this. I agree.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mep69

Got my Razer yesteday, 100% better thanks for the advise again ;)

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GeryGo  Moderator

@mep69 said:

I'm glad you find it to your liking =)

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@mep69 said:

good glad you like it. I have never been a fan of that particular mouse because I don't like the ergonomics of it but a lot of people like it.