HelpWithPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HelpWithPC
Member since 2013 • 140 Posts

While playing a game last night, when ever I would move my mouse horizontally it move diagonally almost at a 45 degree angle. I closed the game out in hopes it would solve the issue, but it persisted to my desktop even after the game was closed. It wasn't moving at much of an angle as before, but I could still see it moving diagonally. I tried viewing mouse settings and doing as much as I could on that front, but nothing resolved the issue. I reinstalled the drivers for my mouse, but it still had the diagonal angle when moving my mouse horizontally. Finally, I just turned my computer off and let it sit over night unplugged to see if just maybe it was being finicky and I promise you I am holding the mouse no different than when I was before the issue occurred. It's almost like the y-axis got locked. Any help would be appreciated.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Sounds like some hardware malfunction, RMA your mouse if you still got warranty, if not it's a new mouse I guess.

HelpWithPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 HelpWithPC
Member since 2013 • 140 Posts

@PredatorRules: I figured as much. I just ordered a new mouse and the one that is having issues is to old to RMA. Thanks for you help!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@HelpWithPC said:

@PredatorRules: I figured as much. I just ordered a new mouse and the one that is having issues is to old to RMA. Thanks for you help!

If it's a gaming mouse, you could also try to update it's firmware.