Morrowind is boring!

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

Well if thats the case i am gonna remain on "pass" i did alot of exploration and killing in morrowind but i didnt not find the same feeling i get when i look at oblivion beautifull landscapes, neither the erxploring addiction that i found in fallout 3. Also i like being weak and have to kill monsters alot to level up, but it did not feel like say borderlands or diablo that you start killing everything in order to level up. Basicly combat took too long. I attacked monsters for centuries till they die and i can move on. :(dakan45

You can level up without killing. For example if acrobatics is one of your main skills, if you increase that then you get closer to leveling.

Also, if it's taking you forever to kill something then you are too low level to be attacking it, most probably.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Well i enjoyed hiting the first monsters in the first area with my dagger and miss and slowly level up and become better. The ones that take forever are the skeletons and wraith in the dungeons. My problem is that you have to spend alot of time leveling up, prior going the main quest to be strong enough to play the main story witthout dying often. As for the acrobatins..dont remind me, i know many people who were stupidly jumping all the time while traveling just to increase that skill :lol: Its effective but still looks pretty stupid and funny.
C3Le5tiaL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 C3Le5tiaL
Member since 2009 • 278 Posts

[QUOTE="C3Le5tiaL"] Other people have the right to their opinion. If you're just going to criticize other people's opinions, leave now, because no one is going to want you here.dos4gw82

So you're saying that people have a right to their opinion, but do not have a right to their opinion when it's about someone else's opinion?

I think what you're trying to say is "please do not be mean."

I did not say that they do not have the right to their opinion when it is about someone else's. What I meant that if you are going to criticize other people's opinions unjustly, then no one is going to want you here. There is a difference.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
morrowind can be a very hard game to get into and fully enjoy. I at first hated the game until i started doing afew quests and exploring the world around me. Once i learned how massive the world was i got hooked.
nilzg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 nilzg
Member since 2008 • 753 Posts

I was shocked when I read the topic title =/

Morrowind is a great game imo..

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#56 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Morrowind pretty much spelled the end of the 'old school' RPG era - ones that didn't hold your hand every step of the way, that made you think about your quest and figure out where the pointers were leading you. Not liking Morrowind isn't a bad thing, it just means that particular type of RPG isn't up your alley - I grew up on RPG's that didn't even have maps (you had to use graph paper) so Morrowind and I get along very well. I like Oblivion as well, but mainly for the graphic beauty of the locations - I don't care for its main story line much at all [thats opinion remember] - I found Morrowind to be much more engaging, though with a higher learning curve than most modern games.carlosjuero

cosign 100% with this post. I liked the landscapes and graphics for Oblivion but that was about it.

Morrowind definatly made you find your own way and didnt guide you by the hand showing you where to go all the time. Those kind of rpgs really pull me in alot more then ones that hold your hand all the time, it gives me more of a sense of the atmosphere and where the character in the game is.

yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 yourmajesty90
Member since 2006 • 1420 Posts

Weirdly enough I started playing Morrowind when it first came out (I was 11) and got in perfect harmony with the game. I never ever played Daggerfall or any FPRPGs before. It is an awesomegame and stands the test of time (for me that is!)

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#58 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I played morrowind just before getting oblivion and found it terribly slow. I was jumping and running like an idiot just to boost my agility so I could move faster. I remember getting the blinding boots of speed that would make me go twice as fast but not see anything. Even after that I struggled with the game being so slow and the indoor sections being very cramped. I gave it about 25 hours and came across too many quest breaking bugs and slow gameplay so I stopped. I enjoyed Oblivion much more.
chrisito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 chrisito
Member since 2004 • 128 Posts

one of the ways I spiced up Morrowind is too "adjust" your stats for jumping and running. These made it much easier to keep from getting bored. Who doesn't like to jump a few hundred feet in the air lol

C3Le5tiaL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 C3Le5tiaL
Member since 2009 • 278 Posts

I was shocked when I read the topic title =/

Morrowind is a great game imo..

nilzg
Did you even read what I said?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

[QUOTE="Remmib"][QUOTE="dakan45"]When you say "we have heard your crap" it seems you consider yourself a user and a part of the forum ;) and i hihgly doubt you were reading the forums out of the blue without having an account. What will be the point of going to a site and read the forums regularly without being a member? It feels like you cant get acess for some reason. But i have to admit i am starting to believe that you trully have never been a memeber of this forum since attitude like that is not tolerated here.yourmajesty90

Believe what you want, I could care less.

Sorry dude, you're level 5 and he's a higher level. You should get out of the forums, really.

Hahahaha, seriously? Who cares about the higher level? To me it only shows who has been there longer. I have been a member of many forums, just because I am NEW HERE does not mean my opinion is worth any less. On topic morrowwind sucks if you have played oblivion first imo.
strat505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 strat505
Member since 2006 • 1252 Posts

i'm sure someone already mentioned this but at the time of its release it was revolutionary, the amount of freedom it gave you was crazy at the time, as well as the depth of all the characters, stories, weapons, spells, etc.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

i'm sure someone already mentioned this but at the time of its release it was revolutionary, the amount of freedom it gave you was crazy at the time, as well as the depth of all the characters, stories, weapons, spells, etc.

strat505

'At the time'? Nothing much since then has topped it in terms of freedom and depth (for freeroaming RPGs), except perhaps for Gothic 3.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#64 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

How come all the morrowind topics become flame wars :(?

Anyway i pref morrowind over oblivion for alot of reasons...

KalDurenik

Good question.:P:lol:

It became bad enough on the publisher's forum that they made the two games into separate forums. Now you can't open a MW thread in the OB forum and vice versa.

strat505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 strat505
Member since 2006 • 1252 Posts

[QUOTE="strat505"]

Planeforger

'At the time'? Nothing much since then has topped it in terms of freedom and depth (for freeroaming RPGs), except perhaps for Gothic 3.

it's a matter of opinion, i think morrowind had way more depth in terms of story, but I prefer oblivion's gameplay improvements (hitting them and saying you missed lol). I actually prefer morrowind over oblivion, I had a ton of more memorable moments with that game. But I guess I agree w/ you, there aren't many rpg's that surpass the amount of freedom and depth expect arguably is successor.
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

[QUOTE="KalDurenik"]

How come all the morrowind topics become flame wars :(?

Anyway i pref morrowind over oblivion for alot of reasons...

topsemag55

Good question.:P:lol:

It became bad enough on the publisher's forum that they made the two games into separate forums. Now you can't open a MW thread in the OB forum and vice versa.

True its even worse on their own forum ^^

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Dak

Its like going from everquest to everquest 2 to me..Everquest was the be all end all games..Than eq2 came out an tried to be a wow clone..It turned me off,,

Same goes for morrowind to oblivion..The devs tried to cater to kids..Morrowind was a true rpg from old school..Oblivion was a tiered off system..It kind of turned me off fighting a lvl 14 crab, that shouldve took one stab to kill..Instead they made this crab fight like a dragon..Love oblivion never finished it because of this system..They learned there lesson with fallout3..Thats why fallout fealt like a decent game only barren to me...

Morrowind is a great game for its time..Wish one could put in oblivions fighting system into the game..Would make morrowind that much better..The map an stuff in oblivion is better for sure..Im just hopeful when they make e5 that they learned there lessons from oblivion..Morrowind is such a great game for its time..Oblivion is good an all but i missed the levitate spell, an the battles from morrowind..

danb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 danb0
Member since 2004 • 445 Posts

Well i enjoyed hiting the first monsters in the first area with my dagger and miss and slowly level up and become better. The ones that take forever are the skeletons and wraith in the dungeons. My problem is that you have to spend alot of time leveling up, prior going the main quest to be strong enough to play the main story witthout dying often. As for the acrobatins..dont remind me, i know many people who were stupidly jumping all the time while traveling just to increase that skill :lol: Its effective but still looks pretty stupid and funny.dakan45

That's the thing, I pursued the main quest to the 2nd town, did a bunch of side quests, followed the main quest to the next town then just went off and did my own thing for 40-80 hours. The main quest isn't even that good; I had a lot more fun just wandering about finding dungeons, looting them, doing sidequests, joining guilds, searching for the best gear, visting all the towns and seeing the different landscapes, taking over a house to store all my gear, creating super-powered jump spells so I can get anywhere on the map very quickly and so on.

It is one of those games where you have to make your own fun and your own sort of story/adventure and it doesn't hold your hand all the way along. I had great fun with it; one of the best games I've played.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#69 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
If tahts the case, then i might try freeroaming again one day but sadly i lack the time to put into that game. It takes too much for me, not in prefence but in time needed to do all those things when i could do all those things faster in a similar game. That was always my problem it requires alot of time and patience to get to the good stuff.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

Find someone who will train you in your weapon of choice and spend some cash. The missing is intended to simulate how poorly you handle a weapon as a novice adventurer. When you get your weapon skill for short blade (in the case of daggers) into the 50s, you'll start to connect more regularly, and the easiest way to do that is training, which is not terribly expensive for early levels.

Also, your walking pace will pick up as you level up and add points to Speed. If you're clever, you can figure out a way to be able to run indefinitely without losing fatigue - but I'll leave that for you to discover. Half the fun in Morrowind was figuring out how to use magic and enchantments to eliminate the faults of your character. :P

I loved Morrowind, and as others have already stated, much of that was because it didn't hold your hand. I LIKED the fact that it took forever to get anywhere, because quite frankly, that's part of what makes the world feel so massive. I also liked the fact that you had to figure out where to go. In real life in this sort of setting, you wouldn't have a GPS marker telling you which direction to head. I liked the fact that you were not a weapons expert right from the outset and that you actually had to fear running into a foe who could utterly destroy you early in the game. And I liked the freedom of the magic / enchantment system that allowed for all sorts of creative manipulation of your character and the world around you to achieve your goals. No other RPG I've played since Morrowind has allowed for that degree of freedom, nor forced you to think to get the most out of the game. I like games that make me think.