Moniter won't turn on after installing new graphics card

This topic is locked from further discussion.

therabidcamel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 therabidcamel
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
So I bought a new graphics card(Geforce GTX 650Ti) and a new power supply(supernova NEX 650G). After I installed them both(note:this is my first time dealing with installing hardware) I tried turning on my computer and my moniter stayed blank and power save mode. The power supply is running fine, but for some reason my moniter won't turn on with new graphics card installed. I've seen some people say to try and uninstall all old graphics card stuff and install all the drivers for your new one. Should I try this? Or is there another solution? By the way my old graphics card is a nvidia geforce gt520
gallienb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gallienb
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

Do you mean by not turning on as in the monitor stays asleep and nothin just doesn go on the monitor or is the monitor actually not getting poer to not turn on? If its the first problem Id first see if plugging the monitor in the intergrated VGA or what ever on the motherboard allows you to see anything if it does then yes your drivers might need an adjusting. If not you might want to try and resead your RAM as silly as that may sound. But if its the second problem monitors that arent getting power has nothing to do with your new  graphics card. Hope either one of these does the trick. If you have any follow up questions about issue just ask.

--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts

So I bought a new graphics card(Geforce GTX 650Ti) and a new power supply(supernova NEX 650G). After I installed them both(note:this is my first time dealing with installing hardware) I tried turning on my computer and my moniter stayed blank and power save mode. The power supply is running fine, but for some reason my moniter won't turn on with new graphics card installed. I've seen some people say to try and uninstall all old graphics card stuff and install all the drivers for your new one. Should I try this? Or is there another solution? By the way my old graphics card is a nvidia geforce gt520therabidcamel

Re-seat your new gpu first. If that doesn't work go back and check your psu connections..all of them. If it still doesn't work..put your old gpu in just to see if you get any kind of picture.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
Make sure that you're plugging the video cable into the actual videocard, and not the video output on the rear of the motherboard. If that's plugged in correctly, then make sure that your GPU is firmly pushed into the PCI-E slot. If it is, then make sure that you plugged the power cables into the videocard itself...
JimmyJumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 JimmyJumpy
Member since 2008 • 2554 Posts

Make sure that you're plugging the video cable into the actual videocard, and not the video output on the rear of the motherboard. If that's plugged in correctly, then make sure that your GPU is firmly pushed into the PCI-E slot. If it is, then make sure that you plugged the power cables into the videocard itself...superclocked

^^ this.

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
If your graphics card has a power socket on it, make sure it has a connection to the PSU. You may already know this, but being as you say this is the first time you dealt with hardware, I thought I should mention it anyway