This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gyoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gyoko
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

I'm looking for MMO with story. I want to play a game and feel that my character, my pursuit for better gear really mean something for the world I play in, so anything with great gameplay, but little or no plot won't do. Matter of choice's important(not crucial) as well, like picking a line in a dialogue etc.

SW:TOR fits perfectly - they got story and quests have dialogues. I just have a problem with the game. I can't say why, but I always get bored after I level up char to level 20, leave for a while, and then return to repeat the cycle with a glimpse of hope that it will be different this time. I tried all the classes.

Anyways, I'm not a huge MMO expert, so anything you have in mind will do.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

SWTOR is a good choice indeed with all that voice acting.

GW1 and GW2 are great choices as well - I played them for the storyline TBH

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

SWTOR is the only one cinematic enough to tell you a story.

WoW, surprisingly, has good story if you actually read quest descriptions and briefings. Some of those quest chains were pretty epic.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

Elder Scrolls Online! Every single quest is voiced! That and the story is pretty good. Graphics and presentation are great too. Love the game and there is a bunch of DLC too. One is a huge new region with its own story content as well. Bethesda claims its 20 hrs of story content too.

And yes, GW2 is a good choice as well. Both of these games are pay to play and then done. GW2 and ESO both have quests that allow you to make choices that change the outcome of some quests. It surprised me. I really enjoy both games and they both got me back into MMOs.

MaKsToN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MaKsToN
Member since 2015 • 28 Posts

I really love Defiance, it has a awesome story, challanges and much more. As for the game itself besides Mass Effect one of the better thrid person shooter games with a RPG element, such as classes, perks and gear. If you like anime themed games, I would suggest Fiesta Online. They are both free I belive.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

From my experience, Final Fantasy 14 has a pretty good story (plus long cut-scenes) and can be almost fully solo played to the maxed level if preferred.