Metro: Last Light Pre-order (PC) And no, not a(nother) rant about Ranger Mode.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S4E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 S4E
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
Hi all! As the title suggest I'm not going to rant about the ridiculous Ranger Mode pre-order DLC or anything like that. I would like to know however did anyone else have problems in receiving their pre-orders? I did, in fact, never received the game at all. Long story short, my wife pre-ordered the game months ago, way before the original release date even, and I sort of started to think last weekend, that surely I should have received the game by now seeing it was pre-ordered, and the release date had passed as well. Turns out, yes I should have, and no, I didn't. My wife received an email yesterday saying that they can't supply the game, sorry. So, not only did we pre-order the damn thing and had to wait for absolutely nothing for months, and then even after couple of days had to wait until someone emailed us to tell that your item isn't going to arrive, never. This has led to a situation where I can't find the physical copy anywhere anymore, and also if I want the game now I have pay a lot more for it and top of it all, pay for the bloody Ranger Mode as well. Has anyone else had similar experiences?
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Hi all! As the title suggest I'm not going to rant about the ridiculous Ranger Mode pre-order DLC or anything like that. I would like to know however did anyone else have problems in receiving their pre-orders? I did, in fact, never received the game at all. Long story short, my wife pre-ordered the game months ago, way before the original release date even, and I sort of started to think last weekend, that surely I should have received the game by now seeing it was pre-ordered, and the release date had passed as well. Turns out, yes I should have, and no, I didn't. My wife received an email yesterday saying that they can't supply the game, sorry. So, not only did we pre-order the damn thing and had to wait for absolutely nothing for months, and then even after couple of days had to wait until someone emailed us to tell that your item isn't going to arrive, never. This has led to a situation where I can't find the physical copy anywhere anymore, and also if I want the game now I have pay a lot more for it and top of it all, pay for the bloody Ranger Mode as well. Has anyone else had similar experiences?S4E

Here in Upstate NY, the local Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and Gamestop all have the disc version of Metro Last Light Limited Edition.

Edit:

Actually, I'm trying to find a disc version of Tomb Raider for the PC. That's the one I can't find a copy of everywhere. So, I bought MLL Limited Edition instead. The disc versions of Metro Last Light Limited Edition may run out soon. All the stores I mentioned had 1 maybe 2 copies on the shelves. It's not like there's a stack of them. 

S4E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 S4E
Yeah, what I find funny is that there seems to be even an abundance on PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, but PC ones, nope. I'm also not going to spend nearly £40 (including the price of the DLC that I would have gotten with the pre-order), when I should have got the game for nearly half the price of that, if they had actually delivered. This game was my only pre-order for quite some time as well, which makes it even worse.
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Personally I prefer to not buy a game unless Its a physical copy. just my way of proof of purchase.

S4E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 S4E
I'm exactly the same, I think I have bought maybe one or two digital ones, and that's simply because they have been in that format only. Then there are also these, hmm, "Steam key selling websites", you won't get physical copy, you won't even get digital copy, they just sell you the activation code, I think it feels way too dodgy to me.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
That sucks, where did you get it from? Gamersgate has it for 35 pounds but you'll just get the key from them and activate it on Steam.
S4E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 S4E
I got it from Zavvi. Usually they have been really good with games, but this was quite bad, especially considering it was a pre-order. Thanks for that, but I think I might just wait for a bit now, and play some other games instead.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
[QUOTE="S4E"]I got it from Zavvi. Usually they have been really good with games, but this was quite bad, especially considering it was a pre-order. Thanks for that, but I think I might just wait for a bit now, and play some other games instead.

Ah this may explain it, I take it you are from the UK as well? It seems like Last Light is not getting a physical release in the UK/Europe but Deep Silver have not come out on record to state this and just left it to sites to either just straight up cancel orders or only seem to tell them after the release occurred and they did not get any stock. I would have a look at Steam, it has an offer of 10 or 15% off if you own Metro 2033 (not sure if it is still on) and I think Ranger mode comes free as well. This sucks how the cancelation was done, I wanted to get the physical copy as well but when I heard it got canned on here I ended up going to Steam to get it. Hope this helps.
S4E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 S4E
Yeah, I live in the UK. And this really helps and clarifies things, so thanks a lot for the info, I wasn't quite sure what had happened, because I don't think my wife got any kind of explanation whatsoever to why they didn't send it. Having said that, that is completely ridiculous. I too, would had wanted a physical copy and always prefer to have one. Leaving an area out, such as Europe, is just stupid. Do they honestly think that everyone wants or even can get a digital copy? Had a quick look on Steam, and I can't see any discounts or offers there at the moment, they had a pre-order offer for the DLC, but for obvious reasons that isn't there anymore. What annoys me is that I could have bought the game through Steam, when it had at least a bit money off (and/or DLC free of charge), but I missed out on that, simply because Deep Silver didn't inform anyone, and I was under the impression that I was just waiting for the game to arrive. I might still get the game, but not now, not full-price anyway, like said I can play other games and I don't even want to give them the full amount anwyay, not after this.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 garfield360uk
I would also check Greenmangaming if you get the chance, they sometimes do some nice deals (I think they had a similar price to Steam and the Ranger mode DLC thrown in without the need to have Metro 2033 and they give you a Steam key via Email). As for the lack of retail disk, I am with you, it is crazy that they have not released it, and to top it off, not tell anybody (so it seems, when I looked a week or two back they had not given any press release for this and some sites were still taking pre-orders).
S4E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 S4E
Thanks for that, I will check that in the future. I actually found an excellent deal from G2PLAY.NET already. It was actually cheaper than it would had cost me to buy it from Zavvi, and when I activated the code with Steam it even said it would be the limited edition one, so I guess all good. I just wasn't prepared to pay nearly double the amount of what I (well, my wife) was expecting to pay, there was no way I would had let her do that. I still feel the same about this whole thing though, Deep Silver definitely didn't get into my good books with this stunt, and I will be very cautious with their future releases. Can you, or anyone else for that matter, confirm if you can still buy the physical copies of console verions in Europe? Because, if those are available, that means, they just shafted the PC players... And yes, physical copies all the way... Except, when you are actually forced to get the digital...
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 garfield360uk
Yes, the disk version of the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of the game are available to buy at stores and online in the UK (so I assume the rest of Europe will be a similar story). I would be curious to know why they stopped the disk version in Europe.
S4E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 S4E
I thought it might be like that, because even though Zavvi for example doesn't have MLL PC version listed anymore, the other versions are still there. I would be curious to know that as well, I hope it doesn't stem from something like console versions getting better treatment than the PC.