Metro Exodus PC Graphic Issue

#1 Edited by KingZeus1 (49 posts) -

Hi All,

I started playing metro exodus on launch and I'm liking it so far, but since the update unfortunately Iv'e reached some odd issues. I don't know if its bugs or my GPU.

While playing (Volga area) the screen started to get dark and like an ink drop was dropped at the right corner of the screen and it spread all over the screen.

When I press the start menu the screen isn't effected but the game is?

-Rebooted the game and it was all fine until it happened again.

-Re-installed drivers and verified the game and it happened again only once

Another issue, when I was in the bunker in the game, the bunker started to get darker than the game should allow. A very odd fog effect just took over where it was blinding. When I left the bunker there was a weather storm taking place outside (I dunno if that was linked but could be a bug)?

I monitor my temps:

CPU: i7-6700k @4.4Ghz - peaks at 72 degrees Celsius (1.225V) - Noctua cooler U12 push/pull

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 TI Gaming OC - peaks at 73 degrees Celsius (1.050V)

I've played plenty of Anthem and Apex legends before hand with no such graphical issues.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks

#2 Posted by BassMan (10387 posts) -

I just finished the game and did encounter the bunker fog bug, but I just reloaded the game and everything was fine after. I did not experience the darkness bug or any others in my play-through.

#3 Posted by pyro1245 (5060 posts) -

I haven't experienced this bug.

I'm curious what settings you guys are using.

#4 Posted by KingZeus1 (49 posts) -

@BassMan: Yeah, all my other games run fine with no bugs or artifacts. I ran Heaven multiple times at full screen at extreme with no issues either.

So im guessing its a game issue.

on-top of this, metro did give me some audio bugs too

#5 Edited by KingZeus1 (49 posts) -

@pyro1245: DX 12, RTX High, DLSS On, Ultrawide 2K, Hairworks and Physx ON

#6 Posted by xantufrog (11517 posts) -

@kingzeus1: my guess is it's the RTX. There were some damning videos examining RTX in this game, and its impacts on proper scene illumination. Try it with RTX off and let us know if that fixes it?

Sounded to me like they just flipped the switch on RTX for this game, but didn't adjust the lighting sources to ensure proper lighting from ray tracing and the number of light bounces enabled

#7 Posted by KingZeus1 (49 posts) -

@xantufrog: Thank for the reply. I will play some tonight and will update in the morning if any issues arise - DX 11 too correct?

#8 Posted by pyro1245 (5060 posts) -
@kingzeus1 said:

@pyro1245: DX 12, RTX High, DLSS On, Ultrawide 2K, Hairworks and Physx ON

Maybe a weird DLSS bug?

You definitely don't want DLSS on if you have a 2080Ti. It reduces the image quality in favor of a higher frame rate. I would only consider using DLSS if you are using a 4K monitor and are experiencing low frame rates.

#9 Edited by KingZeus1 (49 posts) -

@pyro1245@xantufrog@BassMan: So turns out to be an RTX issue after all, here is another bug i encountered yesterday while playing. I took a video of the issue:

Loading Video...

This game is riddled with bugs. I've also encountered two enemies that saw me and didn't even move, just stayed there yelling. I went in for the kill and they just stood there. Very bad coding in this game. Not going to play it until its patched and fixed. Might also request a refund, cant play this game without a bug that ruins the experience. (Rant over haha)

Played Battlefield V, Anthem and Apex legends with no issues.

#10 Posted by xantufrog (11517 posts) -

@kingzeus1: Wow that's pretty funky. At least you were able to pin it down

#11 Posted by KingZeus1 (49 posts) -

Latest update has fixed this issue :D