Medal of honor pacific assault crash troubleshooting

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for feyenoordfan123
feyenoordfan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 feyenoordfan123
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi all,

I recently purchased medal of honor pacific assault and I really want to play it (I know I'm a little late but since games got so expensive, I've been quite the cheap gamer), however I have one small problem, when I start it up, it starts fine, then after it loads the main menu, it crashes back to the desktop....any advice?

Thanks

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts
Make sure you install the patch for the game, because it was pretty buggy on release.
legeune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 legeune
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I"m trying to install the game on a new computer with windows 7 but when i get to disc 2 it can't verify the path E:\setup Says it can't find data cab 3I installed disc 1 with no problems what do i do to fix it

I hand this game on another computer with XP installed Played great on Xp

getvayu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 getvayu
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i have installed MOHA allied assault ...but when i runthe game i could hear the sound but screen goes blank.... any sugesstions??
pdxmatthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pdxmatthew
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

getvayu:

I've got W7-64, with Pacific Assault running in XP-SP2 mode.

I finally got Pacific Assault to run by:

Start the game, wait until the screen goes black;

Go to the Task Mangler, R-click the mohpa.exe entry, choose Properties.

On the compatability tab, set to XP-SP2 & Run as Administrator; click Change Settings for All Users.

I've set every .exe in the game folder & patch_backup subfolder to these same settings, but I still have to do the Task Mangler Dance every time I start the game.

But, the damn' thing is running @ max video specs. More to follow if things change once I start playing.

pdxmatthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pdxmatthew
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Yeah, well, I give up. This is (on my machine, at least) the buggiest piece of **** I've ever played.

I've given it 2 hours a night trying every settings combination I can come up with, & I still can't go more than 45 seconds without having to back out & reset the options so I can crouch, aim, etc.

All of the other MOH games play fine (& I have no problems with newer games such as FC2 or Crysis), but PA redefines frustration.

I hope to try it on an XP box next week.

~ pdxmatthew

W7x64

AMD Phenom 8750

Gbyte GA-MA770-UD3

4GB GSkill 1066

Radeon HD 4800

gijas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#7 gijas
Member since 2005 • 2170 Posts

Yeah, well, I give up. This is (on my machine, at least) the buggiest piece of **** I've ever played.

I've given it 2 hours a night trying every settings combination I can come up with, & I still can't go more than 45 seconds without having to back out & reset the options so I can crouch, aim, etc.

All of the other MOH games play fine (& I have no problems with newer games such as FC2 or Crysis), but PA redefines frustration.

~ pdxmatthew

W7x64

AMD Phenom 8750

Gbyte GA-MA770-UD3

4GB GSkill 1066

Radeon HD 4800

pdxmatthew

I have the same problem only I can play the game but it crashes randomly meaning when a scripted event is about to happen. I assuming this game is not compatable with Win 7 and have adjusted it for XP (all service packs) with no luck. Not sure what the problem is but it could be our video cards? Not saying they are not enough to run this because I have a Nvidia 275 896 MB but its something else I think. I can run games way older than this game even in Win 7 with no problem. I think it has to do with something th egame is doing to make it crash. Like I said when a scripted event happens like a plane bombing a bridge or a boat being blown over it crashes for me. So its something with the scripting code and not our systems. I played this game when it first came out in 2004 on a P4 2.6 ghz single core with a 5900 512 MB ghx card and it ran fine on medium to high settings and now my system is way, way, way beyond my past specs. I'll keep on testing and looking for information such as possible fixes for topics similar to ours to find the answer if there is a fix or answer. Will report back.

gijas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#8 gijas
Member since 2005 • 2170 Posts

[QUOTE="pdxmatthew"]

~ pdxmatthew

W7x64

AMD Phenom 8750

Gbyte GA-MA770-UD3

4GB GSkill 1066

Radeon HD 4800

gijas

I have the same problem only I can play the game but it crashes randomly meaning when a scripted event is about to happen. I assuming this game is not compatable with Win 7 and have adjusted it for XP (all service packs) with no luck. Not sure what the problem is but it could be our video cards? Not saying they are not enough to run this because I have a Nvidia 275 896 MB but its something else I think. I can run games way older than this game even in Win 7 with no problem. I think it has to do with something th egame is doing to make it crash. Like I said when a scripted event happens like a plane bombing a bridge or a boat being blown over it crashes for me. So its something with the scripting code and not our systems. I played this game when it first came out in 2004 on a P4 2.6 ghz single core with a 5900 512 MB ghx card and it ran fine on medium to high settings and now my system is way, way, way beyond my past specs. I'll keep on testing and looking for information such as possible fixes for topics similar to ours to find the answer if there is a fix or answer. Will report back.

Update: As promised. I checked Microsoft's Win 7 compatability site to see if Pacific Assault was listed as compatible and it was. So knowing this I re-installed the game on a different drive - a clean install.

I still have my old save gamesthough. Then I set all my video settings and audio to max except for vsyc which I always turn off. Started a new game from the very beginning and have been playing for three to four hours strait with no crashes what so ever. I eventasted multiplayer and it worked flawlessly.

I assume it must have been either a corrupt game file or install, a bad registry key entry or the no cd exe I was using with the installed patch. Yes, I bought the game legally but in this day in age where most of my games I buy are in digital form it is a through back keeping the game disc in the drive so I found a hack online to replace the exe with. The no cd hack was for the correct version so I thought but after checking the patch I had was 1.1 version. I think the latest patch for this game is 1.2. When I re-installed I also installed the 1.0 - 1.2 patch and didn't use the no cd hack this time but the physical game disc. It sux but I have no more crashes so my problem, at least for now, is solved.

mdaddy2397

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mdaddy2397
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I know that apple is pretty nazi about what you can install on macs and stuff, and this probably a stupid question but is it possible to install Medal Of Honor pacific assault on a macbook pro? and if so how?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

*points out the thread is from 2008*