Medal of Honor: Airborne, worth it for the single player?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

I was looking on steam earlier today and saw MoH Airborne for $9.99 and i am wondering if its worth it just for the single player because i have no interest in the multiplayer and i expect it to be dead with COD and the BF series. When i say worth i mean how long is the single player and overall does have good story and gameplay.

Thanks for the help

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

I was looking on steam earlier today and saw MoH Airborne for $9.99 and i am wondering if its worth it just for the single player because i have no interest in the multiplayer and i expect it to be dead with COD and the BF series. When i say worth i mean how long is the single player and overall does have good story and gameplay.

Thanks for the help

ASRCSR

storyline is aight.. gameplay is okay.. and visually speaking it was used for benchmarks back in its prime. but its jsut more of the same the new mechanics they waved about happily are a joke.. and really its not very long.

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

Is there a lot of times where you have to fight alone like in Allied Assualt? or is it more of a team of AI to help you?

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ionusX

Is there a lot of times where you have to fight alone like in Allied Assualt? or is it more of a team of AI to help you?

ASRCSR

team based but the AI is stupider than whatever you had for lunch (like the physical meal was smarter) and very often they keep bantering stuff at you over and over which gets super annoying.. in its own defense you actualyl feel like youve done something as it requires you to get around in some really wierd holes in the ground. but tbh if you want a ebtter sp experience get brothers in arms: hells highway

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

The game was ok. I had a lot of fun with it at the time and played through maybe twice. The weapons upgrade as you use them so I just wanted to get all of them to the max. The graphics are still pretty good. If it were $4.99 I would say get it for sure, but at $10, I would try to find the demo, maybe fileplanet still has it.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Nope, the single player is very very short and filled with frustration. If yyou want a decent shooter to play then I recommend Kane and lynch.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832141006

or brothers in amrs: hells highway

http://www.amazon.com/Brothers-Arms-Hells-Highway-PC/dp/B000KIBABA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=A2O93G6EZUI19A&s=generic&qid=1268719532&sr=1-2

Avatar image for WufusRainwright
WufusRainwright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 WufusRainwright
Member since 2010 • 225 Posts

Wow, I loved the single player in this game - the leaning mechanic in this game is the best I've ever seen. I found this game to be a real joy to play - the art style was charming. It reminded me of what single player Call Of Duty used to be like. For me, this was a ridiculously under-rated game in single player.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

Thanks for the help

ASRCSR

The single player took me maybe 8 hours and was good but not great. Overall it was nothing very special and there were plenty of invisible walls limiting where you could land. The AI was easy and the game got very unrelaistic near the end.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Well it only has 6 missions, but they're pretty spectacular. Try it if you want, but I'd recommend any Call of Duty if you haven't played it (just because they're longer).
JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Brothers in Arms is far superior and more value for your time/money, imo. Airborne is not your typical "MoH game", it's more like MoH:AA meets RTCW...

Nazi Super Soldier
who is this Nazi "Super-Soldier" guy and why is he in an MoH game? video (FFWD to 2:30)

For me, it's pretty much a one-and-done game. I'd play Pacific Assault five times before ever considering a re-play of Airborne.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

I just played it for the first time about a month ago. It was well-worth $10, that's for sure. Certainly not on the level of fun and overall polish as COD2 or some of the other Medal of Honor games, but a hell of a $10 game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

Nazi Super Soldier

JackBurton

these men with the bulletproof gasmasks ruined the game for me. by the end theyd ran out of ideas and just stuck a load of em one after the other. the singleplayer is... forgettable

kingmav222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 kingmav222
Member since 2004 • 493 Posts

I actually enjoyed this game, don't get me wrong, this game does have flaws but I had fun playing it anyway. I think the reason I did enjoy though is because I'm a fan WW2 shooters.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
My issue with that game is that its very short, it has...what? 5-6 missions? So the problem is the very few missions. There is no story really just a bunch of action scenes. Also its not based on real ww2. The nazis did no have supersoldiers that took hundrends of shots and carried mg42s like the Terminator T300. The gameplay is fun, you land anywhere and can complete whichever onbjective you want first. When you kill someone with a weapon you raise the weapon level and get upgrades on the weapons. Its mostly like playing a coop mp game with the upgrading level up system of cod4 mp rather a story focused singleplayer experiance. Also its more of a non linear next gen game rather a historical linear ww2 shooter. Oh and yes the mechanics they said they will use are pretty weak and not as cool as they said they would be.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
"Brothers in arms hell's highway was better" I have to dissagre, story was better but the combat in bia was garbage, it did not feel not even nearly as good as moh airborne which was pretty average if not mediocre. Ofcourse you will say that bia has tactics but i dissagree no matter how much i tried i couldnt find what "OBVIOUS" tactics you had to issue (Like in the previous bia games which was easy to figure out what you must do)..so at the end i was like "Ahh, screw this i just run and gun and kill them all" which was more effective for me rather using tactics.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

It's an ok game, but the Brothers in Arms series is soooooooooooooo much better. I suggest the three of them if you haven't already played them.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
You can find some better games at the same price if you ask me.
ferntfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 ferntfactor
Member since 2006 • 429 Posts

wow, couldn't agree more with all your comments. a great game. just revisited it again to try out MP - four years late - and i really liked it!

ferntfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19 ferntfactor
Member since 2006 • 429 Posts

my reply was to WufusRainWright ;-)

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ionusX

wow, couldn't agree more with all your comments. a great game. just revisited it again to try out MP - four years late - and i really liked it!

ferntfactor

your also one year late on posting.. this is what we call thread necromancy.. ressurecting threads that are no longer relevant or meaningful. while im sure you ment well this topic is old and now it msut be locked..

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
Its one of the better MOH's. Only frontline and Allied Assault can top it.