mechwarrior online interview.. new mechs announced!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

this is a big nw interview regarding mechwarrior online. in it we have the art of one mech and the confirmed presence of three others.

1) the famous skullheaded heavy mech "atlas" is definetely playable

2) the stalker is playable (its an un-associated cousin to the trebuchet)

3) the third one is the black python (inner sphere name is viper) which was a good light mech built for battlefield scavaging and was used alot by clan steel viper

4) archer this mech was made famous after it was adopted and piloted by morgan kell (leader of the kell hounds merc group)

http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/11/17-developer-interview-1-alex-iglesias

supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

Give me my Uziel plox, so I can dominate the medium class with twin ppcs :)

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

Hope there's the Vulture.

or is this game set before that mech was made? The mechwarrior universe is so confusing...

Avatar image for mechwarrior_bob
mechwarrior_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 mechwarrior_bob
Member since 2006 • 1789 Posts

Don't feel bad, the mech universe is a little nuts. From what I understand the Vulture and Uziel are both Clan Tech. This game is before the invasion and deals with one of the Succession Wars (3rd I believe). So it's mainly going to be House tech and MAYBE some Star League designs. What makes it odd is sometimes the Clans seemed to steal some House Tech and convert it (Jenner IIC), soooo sometimes you'll see mech models you THOUGHT were clan tech but were just stollen and lastly there is some Star Tech that BOTH sides use which is why some of the models look the same such as the Catapult being a clan Mad Cat without arms.

And of course there is the variation in names...so what the Inner Sphere calls a Thor is actually a clan Summoner.

Hope that helps!

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

Don't feel bad, the mech universe is a little nuts. From what I understand the Vulture and Uziel are both Clan Tech. This game is before the invasion and deals with one of the Succession Wars (3rd I believe). So it's mainly going to be House tech and MAYBE some Star League designs. What makes it odd is sometimes the Clans seemed to steal some House Tech and convert it (Jenner IIC), soooo sometimes you'll see mech models you THOUGHT were clan tech but were just stollen and lastly there is some Star Tech that BOTH sides use which is why some of the models look the same such as the Catapult being a clan Mad Cat without arms.

And of course there is the variation in names...so what the Inner Sphere calls a Thor is actually a clan Summoner.

Hope that helps!

mechwarrior_bob
Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess all the Mechwarrior games I've played featured Clan Tech. It'll be interesting to see a different side of the spectrum though.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ionusX

Hope there's the Vulture.

or is this game set before that mech was made? The mechwarrior universe is so confusing...

Swiftstrike5

its actually completely off the table from the lore of the issue (i believe. i think its just an outright no limits mech brawl. naturally certian mechs will remain omitted such as the yu huang aka. the toughest thing to walk on two mechanical legs..

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Yu_Huang

the thing dwarfed a zeus or a dire worlf or any really tall mech youd like to list, he also out weighed them and could be outfitted with jump jets. he also has some of the ebst heat sinks there are available. his initial weapons loadout isnt that impressive but with a top secret armor design the yu huang though in only small numbers is virtually unstoppable. the think can blast holes through msot conventional medium weights and doesnt really fit well in any known drop ship variant.

as stated the things impractically tough, its rare and its OP or at the min. abuseable to no end.

their are other mechs that would probably get taken out like the jenner mk1 (due to later revisions) and the weaksauce hatchman (seirously go look this one up and read all the books their ever in.. hatchetmen are basically cannon fodder due to their weak, flimsy GUNLESS design.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hatchetman

one i really want is a cauldron born (ebon jaguar)

i also wouldnt mind if we could mod a penetrator with clan lasers..

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ionusX

[QUOTE="mechwarrior_bob"]

Hope that helps!

Swiftstrike5

Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess all the Mechwarrior games I've played featured Clan Tech. It'll be interesting to see a different side of the spectrum though.

dont expect much post clan war and during the clan wars the inner sphere mech's sucked eggs..

ill gve you an example

Aidan Pryde of clan jade falcon successfully took down 8 mechs in his very last dog fight while helping his fellow falcons retreat off a world. he did this feat in a badly damaged timberwolf with only a M range clan laser and a sr-laser. he killed 8 and wounded a few more of various classes and configurations before finally falling to a jenner that unloaded a whole rack just to take him down

inner sphere only fights are cool but vs clan mechs you might as well write them off.

where the lore went post the end of the federation suns era of mechwarrior is pretty dismal.. i recommend no one ever make a game there. but prior to and including then wouldnt be bad.

after that you had a alrge series of garbadge fights with folks using jeryr rigged construction and agri-mechs (in short they supped up a mech/tractor hybrid or mech/bulldozer or w/e with cheap low end inner sphere guns and lasers and etc.

its a real dismal showing.. mgiht as well forget the future of the mech universe i dont want to watch two tractors slap each other around.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

I wanna see gameplay footage :(

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points