Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

Good afternoon everyone,

Does anyone play Mechwarriors 5 Mercenaries? If so please add me on the Epic games store so we can get down on some CO-OP. My screen name is BigPep2-43 add me so we can play.

Regards,

BigPep2-43 Imperial Fleet Commander

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

@gcfreak898 said:

Good afternoon everyone,

Does anyone play Mechwarriors 5 Mercenaries? If so please add me on the Epic games store so we can get down on some CO-OP. My screen name is BigPep2-43 add me so we can play.

Regards,

BigPep2-43 Imperial Fleet Commander

Since you made the topic, I want to ask: how is the game? Is the singleplayer fun?

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

@mrbojangles25: It definitely takes me back to Mechwarrior 2 from back in the day. I like the graphics, sound, and gameplay. It does have it's faults it's not a 10/10 game. But, in my book I'd give it a 8/10 since the multiplayer is only co-op and no PvP. You could spend lots of hours on this game the universe is huge and there is a ton of battlemechs to purchase. I highly recommend it if you like the Mechwarrior series. Send me an add if you want to enlist in the imperial fleet.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

@gcfreak898: That's good to hear. Mechwarrior 2 is definitely one of my top childhood games. My friend and I would take turns playing it on his computer.

Unfortunately, I won't be buying it until all game services can sell it, as I don't buy retailer exclusives :(

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@gcfreak898: That's good to hear. Mechwarrior 2 is definitely one of my top childhood games. My friend and I would take turns playing it on his computer.

Unfortunately, I won't be buying it until all game services can sell it, as I don't buy retailer exclusives :(

It could have been a lot better. The mech piloting mechanics are too simplified. There's no knockdown mechanic, no real cockpit view (just HUD), and everything moves too fast. It feels like it's halfway between a mech game and an FPS. Most missions are proceduraly generated but a lot of them constantly spawn conventional vehicles just out of radar range to harass. There is company management, salvage, salaries, maintenance costs, faction reputation, etc, but all of it feels like a less interesting version of what they did with all that in the Battletech turn-based game.

Also, if you want to use a HOTAS setup you need to manually edit config files which is a huge PITA.

Overall I like the game, but it wasn't everything I was hoping for.