Max Payne 3 problems.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

After having a break form the game, I decide to go back to it. I load the game up, and a get an extremely vague, non-descriptive message that simply says "Alert."

It gives me two options: "Okay" and "Exit". Selecting "Okay" does nothing but make a clicking noise, and "Exit" brings me to the main menu.

That would be fine if I could do anything. All I'm getting is a "Social Club UI failed to initialize" message on-screen, with nothing to interact with. Does anybody else know of this problem, or how to fix it?

#2 Posted by FelipeInside (28499 posts) -
Here goes the easy question: - Updated video card drivers? - Tried uninstall/install The Social Club message seems to be that it can't load the Social Club Program and maybe that's why the game doesn't work.
Avatar image for CrazyKilljoy117
#3 Posted by CrazyKilljoy117 (1369 posts) -
Had that happen to me as well. Just restart the game until you are able to play. If it freezes, ctrl+del, end the process, and restart. You may encounter it a few times during your play through.
#4 Posted by mohambi (25 posts) -

Had that happen to me as well. Just restart the game until you are able to play. If it freezes, ctrl+del, end the process, and restart. You may encounter it a few times during your play through.CrazyKilljoy117

I have the same problem, thank's guys for help.

#5 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

Thanks, I'll give some of these suggestions a go soon. Kind of annoying, but oh well. I'll live.

#6 Posted by Chris_53 (5445 posts) -
Isnt this game a load of crap?
#7 Posted by FelipeInside (28499 posts) -
Isnt this game a load of crap?Chris_53
Not sure if serious. Game is one of the best of the year.
#8 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Isnt this game a load of crap?Chris_53

You mean the sequel to one of the best PC series of all time, with 9's and 10's given all around from reviewers, with millions in sales, with perfect PC optimization?

Obviously that means its terrible, why else would it be considered such a great game?

Honestly, I can't tell trolls from the people who are serious anymore.

#9 Posted by Chris_53 (5445 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chris_53"]Isnt this game a load of crap?SPYDER0416

You mean the sequel to one of the best PC series of all time, with 9's and 10's given all around from reviewers, with millions in sales, with perfect PC optimization?

Obviously that means its terrible, why else would it be considered such a great game?

Ok so what about the constant barrage of people complaining that the game isnt launching? or crashing? Also, 2 minutes of gameplay, cut-scene, another 2 minutes, cut-scene. Just my opinion
#10 Posted by FelipeInside (28499 posts) -
[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="Chris_53"]Isnt this game a load of crap?Chris_53

Ok so what about the constant barrage of people complaining that the game isnt launching? or crashing? Also, 2 minutes of gameplay, cut-scene, another 2 minutes, cut-scene. Just my opinion

So you judged a game by not playing it? We are in the PC board.... PC games always have issues on some systems and work fine on others. The game is awesome and worked flawlessly for me.
#11 Posted by C2N2 (759 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="Chris_53"]Isnt this game a load of crap?Chris_53

When you get a game that you like and very much enjoy playing... Do you go on forums and make a thread called "I REALLY LOVE XXYYZZ!" followed by "Man I just really love this game! It is really great! I just thought I would tell everyone!"

Nope.

But when you hate a game... People have a natural tendency to want to complain... And when none of your friends play the games you do and you have no one in reality to complain to... You take to the forums... You make "I HATE XXYYZZ!" thread... There are a lot of those.

Seeing a lot of complaints doesn't mean the game is bad.

#12 Posted by Chris_53 (5445 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chris_53"][QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

FelipeInside

So you judged a game by not playing it? We are in the PC board.... PC games always have issues on some systems and work fine on others. The game is awesome and worked flawlessly for me.

Yes I have played the game, so I have every right to make judgements and voice opinions on it.
#13 Posted by FelipeInside (28499 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chris_53"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Chris_53"] Ok so what about the constant barrage of people complaining that the game isnt launching? or crashing? Also, 2 minutes of gameplay, cut-scene, another 2 minutes, cut-scene. Just my opinion

Yes I have played the game, so I have every right to make judgements and voice opinions on it.

And ur judement was on the game itself? or the crashes / cutscenes?
#14 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chris_53"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] So you judged a game by not playing it? We are in the PC board.... PC games always have issues on some systems and work fine on others. The game is awesome and worked flawlessly for me.FelipeInside

And ur judement was on the game itself? or the crashes / cutscenes?

Yeah, talking about issues that are a staple of PC gaming, on a game that is incredibly well optimized (seriously, I can rattle of dozens of games with more complaints of similar issues), but not the game itself?

I mean, the first two Max Payne games had issues like that for god's sake, you needed a really great card to run the original and its not like you can run it easily today unless you put in a custom patch.

As for the game itself, people will always say "X popular game is crap", but those people are not the majority voice on the decision making process of whether or not a game is crap. The people who give it user ratings, the critics and the sales all determine that, and other then some whiners Max Payne 3 is pretty far from crap.

But that's my opinion, if someone doesn't like it for whatever reason then that's their opinion as well, just don't treat it as fact;)

#15 Posted by FelipeInside (28499 posts) -
I dont understand the complaint about cut-scenes. They push the story forward and aren't as intrusive as everyone thinks. You can't just have action, action, action, action without pauses in the middle.
#16 Posted by SharkheadHD (227 posts) -
That's really weird, I've never gotten that before. Just restart your game, like the others already said.
#17 Posted by Chris_53 (5445 posts) -
I dont understand the complaint about cut-scenes. They push the story forward and aren't as intrusive as everyone thinks. You can't just have action, action, action, action without pauses in the middle.FelipeInside
People have different preferences, does that never occur to you ?
#18 Posted by FelipeInside (28499 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I dont understand the complaint about cut-scenes. They push the story forward and aren't as intrusive as everyone thinks. You can't just have action, action, action, action without pauses in the middle.Chris_53

It does occur to me, but to say a game is "crap" cause it has too many cut-scenes seems a bit odd to me.

MP3 has a great balance of everything, and does a superb job in nearly every department.

#19 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chris_53"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I dont understand the complaint about cut-scenes. They push the story forward and aren't as intrusive as everyone thinks. You can't just have action, action, action, action without pauses in the middle.FelipeInside

It does occur to me, but to say a game is "crap" cause it has too many cut-scenes seems a bit odd to me.

MP3 has a great balance of everything, and does a superb job in nearly every department.

Well I wouldn't worry about it, the day a popular game doesn't get hate from SOME hipster or person who doesn't like it and feels their opinion is a fact, that is the day the internet shut down for PC gamers everywhere. People complained about the older games too, they just aren't still complaining after 9 years.

Personally I loved it, and I think the cutscene complaint is the least big problem I had with it (especially with arcade mode removing then, the ability to skip them halfway through, and the fact that the comics in the older games ran on quite a while themselves), but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.