Max Payne 3 level redundency... all dead and no level change?? again!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rabbit51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Rabbit51
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Let me start off by say ing i love this game as most do,but this is like at least teh forth time in the game overall I shoot all the enemies,of which I kow they ALL have to be quite dead of the level just keeps on goiing .. I am on the train in level 15 I believe, and from what i can tell you shoot all of the bad guys and I am expecting either the train to stop and let me off or something. It just keeps circling in a loop around around and nodda. I think i hear one guy but from past experience in the game, if only just one guy is not totally dead, the level will not complete. heck of a thing i would say,considering they lie down and you cannot not even see them to shoot them. Thishas happened in some other levels,whereas i replay the level over and maybe over again until all are dead and tehn the level changes or goes on. help me on this one. I take it all have to be dead or is there something else in this level i am missing? Too close to the end tooo not be able to conclude this fine game.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#2 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I haven't played this game yet but the basic point A to point B set up worked just fine for the first two games...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Let me start off by say ing i love this game as most do,but this is like at least teh forth time in the game overall I shoot all the enemies,of which I kow they ALL have to be quite dead of the level just keeps on goiing .. I am on the train in level 15 I believe, and from what i can tell you shoot all of the bad guys and I am expecting either the train to stop and let me off or something. It just keeps circling in a loop around around and nodda. I think i hear one guy but from past experience in the game, if only just one guy is not totally dead, the level will not complete. heck of a thing i would say,considering they lie down and you cannot not even see them to shoot them. Thishas happened in some other levels,whereas i replay the level over and maybe over again until all are dead and tehn the level changes or goes on. help me on this one. I take it all have to be dead or is there something else in this level i am missing? Too close to the end tooo not be able to conclude this fine game.

Rabbit51
On the train level I killed all of them on the other train and the level finished. Don't know what ur doing wrong or if it's a bug.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Played through the game twice now and I havent had anything like this happen to me. Maybe you are just unlucky.

JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 JC_AEK4ever
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

I finished the game 3 times and this never happened to me. Bad luck maybe:?

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

you have to kill every enemy in every section to continue. i just finished this game last night for the first time and its a GREAT GAME:D just i felt the end kinda draggged on for awhile i think even max mentions this himself hoping the next room is the end instead of more enemies which even he has no idea where theyre coming from

Rabbit51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Rabbit51
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

YEAH I GUESS I'M JUST SHT OUT OF LUCK HERE. I just replayed the entire level to see if that would do it and same thing. You absolutely have to shoot every enemy dead and i mean dead before the next scene goes on and continues. Like us all at times I've had to go back and make sure each enemy is dead at times and you know because it turns into a slow motion Max Payne bullet time thing. On this one level when he is at the dock and the enemy is sitting on top of the tower , same thing happened. I had to replay it several times then it suddenly went on into the next scene. Even maybe a level two at other times. Game plays fine.

What a bummer. You play a game all the way till just one level left and this happens. I have replayed the train level i would guess thrity times with same result. i am not a bad shot nor a bad FPS player. On the contrary. I am trying to hit them all in the head and most i do but i hear some guy still moaning and he is not shown,nor can i get to him. Train just keeps goin on and on around and around same level. So i guess for most of you's, you just shoot the baddies and the level goes on to the next huh? I bet i am not the only one with this litle bug or whatever. What are the odds of that?

Raj12989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Raj12989
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

i'm facing the same issue at the beginning of the game.

In chapter 1, when Max enters the garage, I've killed all the enemies present, but still haven't got the "Flashing lights" prompt. I can't get the garage door to open.
Plus, there was no slow-mo scene as I killed the last enemy (the one behind the garage door)

Please help me, I'm stuck !!!

Nighteg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Nighteg
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts
Just replay it. It's a very annoying feature in MP3. This time make sure to shoot everyone in the head.
Nighteg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Nighteg
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts
Just replay it. It's a very annoying feature in MP3. This time make sure to shoot everyone in the head.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

That moving train part got me stuck for 30 seconds! I didn't notice one guy hiding behind a chair. I even ran past him, he must have glitched :P

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I'm pretty sure you have to kill everyone on the train. On my last playthrough on Hardcore I was extra careful and slow in cover and I noticed it was taking a long time for the next segment to start, and it was because I was supposed to kill everyone. Considering what happens next it makes perfect sense, otherwise Max would get shot to hell from a bad angle if even one person was still alive on that train, and its more fair then an arbitrary time limit where if you don't kill them all in time Max dies and you gotta redo it.

jonvanhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jonvanhorn
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Do you also have a glitch where injured enemies do not stand up? A lot of times I will have to walk back through an area and target each individual body on the ground until I locate a red dot. Once I kill that enemy, I can advance. I am also stuck on the train, and I believe it is because of that glitch. I submitted a request to Rockstar on Friday, no work back yet through the weekend.
jamesongkok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jamesongkok
This thing never happened to me before. Your experience is very unusual, it maybe a bug/glitch or something.
jonvanhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jonvanhorn
one week later, and no response from Rockstar. not exactly what i was expecting.
funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funkyzoom
Member since 2005 • 1534 Posts

YEAH I GUESS I'M JUST SHT OUT OF LUCK HERE. I just replayed the entire level to see if that would do it and same thing. You absolutely have to shoot every enemy dead and i mean dead before the next scene goes on and continues. Like us all at times I've had to go back and make sure each enemy is dead at times and you know because it turns into a slow motion Max Payne bullet time thing. On this one level when he is at the dock and the enemy is sitting on top of the tower , same thing happened. I had to replay it several times then it suddenly went on into the next scene. Even maybe a level two at other times. Game plays fine.

What a bummer. You play a game all the way till just one level left and this happens. I have replayed the train level i would guess thrity times with same result. i am not a bad shot nor a bad FPS player. On the contrary. I am trying to hit them all in the head and most i do but i hear some guy still moaning and he is not shown,nor can i get to him. Train just keeps goin on and on around and around same level. So i guess for most of you's, you just shoot the baddies and the level goes on to the next huh? I bet i am not the only one with this litle bug or whatever. What are the odds of that?

Rabbit51

I had the EXACT same problem as you during this train level. After about 15 tries, I realized this problem won't get solved. So I completely uininstalled the game, reinstalled it, patched it to the latest version, and started a new game. I know it sucks, but this time I never encountered even a single problem, and was able to complete the game on normal difficulty. Its a game breaking bug you have encountered. Sorry, but the only way to out for you is to start the game over from scratch. I don't know whether reinstalling helped, but you might consider that too. Or else, there is an easy way out. Download a saved game from the internet, and resume your game just after this level. Like this, you don't have to replay the game from the beginning. Check out this page, there is a saved game available for download. Hope I helped.