Max Payne 3 EXCLUSIVE PICTURES

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biltros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 biltros
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts

Since my previous thread got locked:shock: i thought about re-posting them.

Max Payne 3

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

Probably got locked because GameSpot has the same pictures posted on their site. So not exactly exclusive.

Anyway... im really dissapointed. Looks like crap, and I love Max Payne. No bullet time, daylight, hiding behind a damn pillar.... so much sadnesss.

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
Err, Max Payne 3, or some random dude 3?
biltros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 biltros

Probably got locked because GameSpot has the same pictures posted on their site. So not exactly exclusive.

Anyway... im really dissapointed. Looks like crap, and I love Max Payne. No bullet time, daylight, hiding behind a damn pillar.... so much sadnesss.

The_PC_Gamer
Really?I read the whole violation-warning thing and i didn't find anything like that.I suppose it got locked because i cursed..kinda.Anyway i don't like the pictures myself.They're too non-Max Payne-ish
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

I'll pass on it doesn'tdraw my interst. Also a Max Payne game without Sam Lake isn't a Max Payne title.

funked_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funked_up
Member since 2009 • 716 Posts
More like: Generic bald dude shooting bad dudes on a brown setting #43253 pictures.
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
Hey look someone made a 3rd person mod for Far Cry 2.
uchihataru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 uchihataru
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts

looks a little like the guy from the movie XXX2...

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

Looks a lot like FarCry 2 to me. Needless to say, as far away from the mood of the previous Max Paynes as possible.

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts

hmmm, why is this called max payne 3?

napp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 napp123
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts

oh crap, another sequal that looks disapointing

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

Remedy should make this game.

Phelaidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phelaidar
Member since 2005 • 1533 Posts

First Prince Of Persia, now Max Payne... which is the next franchise I love to get destroyed by developers that just don't get what the games are about?

Bullet-time is not the only thing that made MP... It's the whole thing - atmosphere, noir style, dark, bullet-time - that made it MP.

Keeping a name and a gameplay mechanic won't make this thing a Max Payne game.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

Remedy should make this game.

thusaha
This is the problem. Looks like crap.
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
Game looks great. Can't wait to see video soon.
pilouuuu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 pilouuuu2004
Member since 2004 • 1075 Posts
It looks great. Really, it's hard to take changes to something we all love so much like Max Payne games, but I think it would be much worse to make a clone of the two first games, with no innovation or changes. OK, so Max isn't allowed to age? Didn't Bruce Willis age in Die Hard movies? Didn't Indiana Jones age? So, it's logical that Max aged and his hard life gave him physical and psychological scars. As soon as this isn't like Far Cry 2 I'm sure we'll have an amazing game. And even if it turns out terribly wrong we'll have Alan Wake which looks much more similar to Max Payne 2 if that's what you're looking for.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

This does not look like max payne...

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

I think it would be much worse to make a clone of the two first gamespilouuuu2004
No, instead of a clone of the first two games, it's a clone of other third person shooters that have come out recently. This isn't innovation, this is a developer homogenizing an IP so that it is palpable to today's gamer. Which I happen to disagree with, RS should take a chance and stick with the MP formula.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#20 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
At the moment this is going to be the equivalent of Soldier of Fortune 3. The treatment of this series from making that pathetic film to these screenshots is quite unbelievable. I hate how a lot of people are saying how "bad buttocks" he looks - c'mon, since when did baldness become cool again?! Have I been away that long?!
Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts

If it didn't say Max Payne i would never have guessed it was,looks bad...i bet it will flop as bad as the movie.

biltros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 biltros

At the moment this is going to be the equivalent of Soldier of Fortune 3. The treatment of this series from making that pathetic film to these screenshots is quite unbelievable. I hate how a lot of people are saying how "bad buttocks" he looks - c'mon, since when did baldness become cool again?! Have I been away that long?!biggest_loser

biggest_loser is back.HAIL TO THE CHANCELLOR BABY!!!!It's been my honor that you posted in my thread.Welcome back:oI hope we hear more from you from now on.And yeah the screens suck...

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
[QUOTE="pilouuuu2004"]It looks great. Really, it's hard to take changes to something we all love so much like Max Payne games, but I think it would be much worse to make a clone of the two first games, with no innovation or changes.

So your idea of innovation is for a game dev to take a well-known IP with its own unique settings and make it into another of today's generic looking shooter...
Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

Wasn't every level in Max Payne 1 and 2 set at night time? The first thing that hit me was the day time setting.

The resemblences to GTA IV are stronger than I was expecting. Looks like DLC for it.

Zam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zam
Member since 2002 • 2048 Posts

Looks like they were trying to develop a new IP but then Rockstar realized it won't sell that much so slapped they Max Payne 3 name on it. Quite sad

Villi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Villi
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts

according to this article (zoom in to read) they wanted to make the new kind of noir :S .. sounds like BS to me

But the exotic lush enviroment feels like a horrible idea, pretty tired of it.. all games seem to go there now

Just cause
Far Cry
Mercenaries 2
crysis

and probably many more!

What will they think off next... Sin City goes to the bahamas!!

napp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 napp123
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts
At the moment this is going to be the equivalent of Soldier of Fortune 3. The treatment of this series from making that pathetic film to these screenshots is quite unbelievable. I hate how a lot of people are saying how "bad buttocks" he looks - c'mon, since when did baldness become cool again?! Have I been away that long?!biggest_loser
You, sir, are bad buttocks
Villi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Villi
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts

old bald guys rock!! didn't you get the memo

prowler666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 prowler666
Member since 2003 • 860 Posts

oh no. i would've liked a REAL Max Payne 3. this looks just like some random rockstar-shooter on GTA engine with a Max Payne 3 sticker on it. dodge when you see this comin' at you.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

But that game was crap. I don't think MP3 will make shooting people in the face using slow-mo NOT fun.

The Game Informer article was encouraging. And City of God is a good source of inspiration. Decrepit hotels/office buildings and decrepit shantytowns aren't THAT different. Far Cry 2 proved a tropical setting can be gritty as hell. And they were evasive when they were asked if we'll get to play flashbacks too.

We only saw the favelas until now. Downtown Sao Paolo is pretty much like any other modern metropolis. Add rain and voila, feels entirely like clasic noir.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#31 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
Too much hate. Lighten up. This might be good.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 biggest_loser

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]At the moment this is going to be the equivalent of Soldier of Fortune 3. The treatment of this series from making that pathetic film to these screenshots is quite unbelievable. I hate how a lot of people are saying how "bad buttocks" he looks - c'mon, since when did baldness become cool again?! Have I been away that long?!Baranga

But that game was crap. I don't think MP3 will make shooting people in the face using slow-mo NOT fun.

The Game Informer article was encouraging. And City of God is a good source of inspiration. Decrepit hotels/office buildings and decrepit shantytowns aren't THAT different. Far Cry 2 proved a tropical setting can be gritty as hell. And they were evasive when they were asked if we'll get to play flashbacks too.

We only saw the favelas until now. Downtown Sao Paolo is pretty much like any other modern metropolis. Add rain and voila, feels entirely like clasic noir.

As I have said to others though: i think there is some very classical, with a lot of history about setting a Noir story in America, particularly a city like New York.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

since when did baldness become cool again?! Have I been away that long?!biggest_loser
Since the 1990's gamer generation is getting older. The average gamer is a middle-aged 30-something investment banker with a receding hairline, after all :lol:

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
Hey I have faith, I'm excited for this game, I mean I would like it to be more like a traditional Max payne game but this might be good. Just be thankful the game isn't a licensed spin-off of the movie.
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

Would have prefered him keep the trenchcoat tbh, but still as long as the gameplay and story are upto scratch it should be a good piece of work

pilouuuu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pilouuuu2004

Wasn't every level in Max Payne 1 and 2 set at night time? The first thing that hit me was the day time setting.

The resemblences to GTA IV are stronger than I was expecting. Looks like DLC for it.

Tresca_
Maybe there will levels at night time. Sao Paulo looks cool (and dangerous) during night like every big city! Yes, it looks a lot like GTA IV. Maybe it's the same engine? What I like most is that it will have Euphoria so we can expect great animations.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

since when did baldness become cool again?! Have I been away that long?!biggest_loser

You must have been a way for such a long time that the society has developed a hatred towards all bald people. Next up, jewish, gays, blacks, and people who just generally look different than you. Oh wait, the world has already done all that before.

pilouuuu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pilouuuu2004

according to this article (zoom in to read) they wanted to make the new kind of noir :S .. sounds like BS to me

But the exotic lush enviroment feels like a horrible idea, pretty tired of it.. all games seem to go there now

Just cause
Far Cry
Mercenaries 2
crysis

and probably many more!

What will they think off next... Sin City goes to the bahamas!!

Villi

Wait! Sao Paulo is a big city like New York and London... It's not a jungle! Why does people think that Brazil is all Amazon?

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 biggest_loser
Does anyone know if the guys who worked on GTA IV are actually making this? Or is it just the branch who made Bully? Is there a difference?
pilouuuu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pilouuuu2004
[QUOTE="achilles614"]Hey I have faith, I'm excited for this game, I mean I would like it to be more like a traditional Max payne game but this might be good. Just be thankful the game isn't a licensed spin-off of the movie.

I agree! Anything would be better than a spin-off of the movie!