Mass effect 3 or Assassin's creed II

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for fengzhu88
#1 Posted by Fengzhu88 (28 posts) -

Trying to decide between these two games as I can only afford one for right now.

Which one would you pick if you could only choose one and why?

Avatar image for NeonNinja
#2 Edited by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

If you have played the other Mass Effect titles then there's no choice but to go with Mass Effect 3. It's the best of the series (ending complaints aside from many people). The level design, combat, stat system and hell, almost all of it, is the best that the series has ever seen.

Avatar image for Toxic-Seahorse
#3 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4988 posts) -

Have to played ME1 & 2? If so, it's a no brainer to get ME3. If not, get ACII, as ME3 isn't nearly as good if you didn't play ME1 and ME2.

Avatar image for the_bi99man
#4 Edited by the_bi99man (11242 posts) -

Gotta agree with these guys. If you've gone so far as to play Mass Effect 1&2 already, you HAVE to play 3. If you haven't played the first two, then don't even think about playing ME3. Go play them all in order. They're worth it.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
#5 Posted by with_teeth26 (8212 posts) -

Mass Effect is a much more accomplished series than Assassins Creed, that series bungles both the story and gameplay so you are basically just left with interesting settings, although AC II is one of the better ones.

bi99man knows whats up, if you have played ME 1-2 get 3, if not get ME 1.

Avatar image for wis3boi
#6 Edited by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

Mass Effect is a much more accomplished series than Assassins Creed, that series bungles both the story and gameplay so you are basically just left with interesting settings, although AC II is one of the better ones.

bi99man knows whats up, if you have played ME 1-2 get 3, if not get ME 1.

came here to say this. Enjoyed all the ME games, and ACII is one of the best in its series

Avatar image for fengzhu88
#7 Posted by Fengzhu88 (28 posts) -

So by the looks of it everyone here thinks mass effect 3 is the better game?

I can wait for the other one its just that it will be a while before I'll be able to get the one one that I don't choose. From what I've seen of both games me3 looks "cooler" or just plain better but assassin's creed II is something new(i haven't played the first one and I have played the first two mass effects)

Avatar image for SPYDER0416
#8 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

We're not saying ME3 is the better game necessarily, that depends on whether or not you played the first two.

If you haven't played Mass Effect 1 and 2, or at the very least Mass Effect 2, you are doing yourself a massive disservice by not playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

Assassin's Creed II on the other hand does a pretty good job of bringing you up to speed, so if you didn't play the first AC game it can still be recommended (though if you do play AC1 first you are rewarded with some references and interesting story stuff).

So yeah, play ME3 if you have a save file for previous ME games, if not go for ACII and wait until you can afford all the ME games at once.

Avatar image for Fire_Wa11
#9 Edited by Fire_Wa11 (600 posts) -

I just noticed today that Mass Effect 2, which most all of us have played, is on sale on Steam. Anyone think Mass Effect 3 will come available on Steam one day? Thanks.

Avatar image for PredatorRules
#10 Edited by PredatorRules (11898 posts) -

AC3 for me was a let down, but the games between the original and the 3rd are good, all of em'.

ME3 is an excellent game as well, I'd go with that coz I think it's got richer multiplayer community ATM

Avatar image for buccomatic
#11 Edited by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@fengzhu88 said:

Trying to decide between these two games as I can only afford one for right now.

Which one would you pick if you could only choose one and why?

if you haven't played mass effect 1 or 2, get those instead of mass effect 3 and play them all in order as if they are one game. get the dlc for each as well, they are a huge part of the main storyline (cheap / greedy bioware)

just checked and steam has mass effect 1, 2 on sale for $4.99 each right now. YES!

ps - ac2 sucks. don't waste your time on it.

Avatar image for the_bi99man
#12 Edited by the_bi99man (11242 posts) -

@Fire_Wa11 said:

I just noticed today that Mass Effect 2, which most all of us have played, is on sale on Steam. Anyone think Mass Effect 3 will come available on Steam one day? Thanks.

Mass Effect 3 is going to stay Origin exclusive forever, I would think. No reason that EA would allow it to go to Steam.

Avatar image for buccomatic
#13 Edited by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@the_bi99man said:

@Fire_Wa11 said:

I just noticed today that Mass Effect 2, which most all of us have played, is on sale on Steam. Anyone think Mass Effect 3 will come available on Steam one day? Thanks.

Mass Effect 3 is going to stay Origin exclusive forever, I would think. No reason that EA would allow it to go to Steam.

he could get it for $12 at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-PC/dp/B004FYKWZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382676949&sr=8-1&keywords=mass+effect+3+pc

Avatar image for the_bi99man
#14 Posted by the_bi99man (11242 posts) -

@buccomatic said:

@the_bi99man said:

@Fire_Wa11 said:

I just noticed today that Mass Effect 2, which most all of us have played, is on sale on Steam. Anyone think Mass Effect 3 will come available on Steam one day? Thanks.

Mass Effect 3 is going to stay Origin exclusive forever, I would think. No reason that EA would allow it to go to Steam.

he could get it for $12 at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-PC/dp/B004FYKWZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382676949&sr=8-1&keywords=mass+effect+3+pc

Well yeah, but that still activates on Origin. All PC copies of ME3 do. No steam.

Avatar image for Tokeism
#15 Posted by Tokeism (2365 posts) -

Prefer AC2 over ME3, but ME 1 and 2 are better then AC 1 and 2 (and brotherhood/revelations/3/4)

Avatar image for Nighteg
#16 Edited by Nighteg (333 posts) -

ME1 has the best storytelling in the history of gaming. Highly recommended to play the whole series.