Mass Effect 1 issue.. some help please..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rabbit51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Rabbit51
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

OK, I had just finished the 2nd and 3rd games in the series and started to play the first one last night. Goten as far as being named promoted by the security council on the Citadel, got my ship ,assembled and talked to my crew, and was off to use the control console fro where I wanted to go first and then this.. i hit the "e" button ( or return ) as default to bring up the galaxy and get a black screen with a lettered 'window' at the top, which just sits there on that. and when i right click my mouse it starts to bring up the galaxy,which just vanishes and back to load screen. if i click it more then once it goes to next galaxy and so forth but never materializes. Got to be some glitch somewhere. It says i got version 1.4 game installed. Game is useless now if i cannot even go to whereI am heading obvioulsy.

Iread somewhere on posts about the third or second game that the first game had some issues. Plays fine other then that. I got this far.Every so often if i hit the 'e' and right click at same time,I can get the points of wahts shown, and tried to land or go to that galaxy and itjust cycles back to load screen and so forth. A very big bummer. Looking forward to completing this first game and now this.

Any others out there having this issue, and is there a fix for this?

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
My first question is, is this the Steam version you purchased? If it isn't, then try reinstalling it using a different version (not 1.4). Sometimes with patches, it brings new bugs to the game. Just a thought. And don't worry about your saves, as those are in a separate file usually under my documents. To be sure, find the game saves and make a back up before you uinstall/install.
norolim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 norolim
Member since 2005 • 133 Posts

Make sure that the game you are playing is not a pirated version. I read that it has the exact same problem you described.