Make this laptop decision for me!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

icybl00d3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 icybl00d3d
Member since 2006 • 779 Posts

Hey guys,

I recently purchased the following laptop : http://www.frys.com/product/8046224 Because it was open-box I got it for $1699 from. I also got a 3 year warranty for a discount at $100. The total with tax came out to $1950. ( My very first laptop after 2 years of saving and research )

Every time I'm playing a game the laptop will stop charging. It will not even recognize the adapter and shows that there is nothing plugged in. I have to plug the cord out and plug it back in for it to start charging again.. only to stop after 10 minutes of playing games.

This frustrated me to the point where I'm very stressed out about spending the money and want to return it or get a new laptop elsewhere even though I think I got it for a pretty good deal? I only want a GS70 or gs60. I love how that they are thin gaming lap.

Should I return this? and find it elsewhere? I've been searching on newegg and I'm finding good deals... I don't know what to do!!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?cid=6&id=454 get this laptop, or RMA yours it should not do those stuff that you describe unless you've changed some power management settings

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@icybl00d3d:

All laptops "stop charging" when they are full of battery, its a feature designed to prolong the use of the battery, you don't have to worry about it.

If your still worried, do this, take the battery out and use the power cord only, if the laptop switches off whilst your using it, then its faulty, if not, its fine.