Mac User looking 2 buy a Windows Gaming Machine need help....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonofdabeach2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 sonofdabeach2
Member since 2004 • 182 Posts

I'm a mac user for years now but I really miss gaming on my pc.  Lets face it Mac isn't a gaming platform and yes I know I can use boot camp to use windows on my mac.  But I have a g5 Imac and you can't use boot camp on it.  Basically I want a pc to be my gaming platform.  But I'm confused on what to get since its been a while since I bought a windows pc so many choices.  I've been looking at this alienware pc what do you guyz think its a good pc for uner 2,000$ US to play this gens games.  

Dakrath87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dakrath87
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

For 2 grand you can either buy an over-priced pre-assembled machine, OR you can go to your local computer-retailer/parts website and purchase and assemble your own machine, wich will by far out-perform anything that you can buy pre-assembled.

There's a whole bunch of sites wich offer a possibility to virtually assemble your new machine online, to check for compatibility, and then you can most of the time either order the whole thing assembled (wich will cost you) or just order the loose parts and put them together yourself (wich usually doesn't take more then an hour to do, if you know what you're doing or have someone available who does).

filmography

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 filmography
Member since 2004 • 3202 Posts

welcome to the darkside my friend, those mac's dont know the power of the PC lol.

all right seriously 2K will get you the most latest pimp system only if you buy the parts yourself, I think you can get someone to build it for you for an extra fee.

okay go to www.newegg.com (america) or http://www.canadacomputers.com/ (canada)

now normally i dont go through the hassal of saying exactly what parts but since your converting i'll be nice.

C2D E660

8800 GTS 640mb

2x 1GB of ram DDR2 800mhz

550 watt power supply combined 40 amps for 12 V

22inch 1680x1050 5ms LCD monitor

get a case with 120mm fans like 3 of them it will make overclocking easier.

Well actually i think this will be a little less than 2K. However this is the top of the gaming rig today and in the computer world it changes every week. around july there will be a major cut in price for the quad core C2D, its around $229. and by August the new dammit(amd/ati) products will come out which will lower the prices because they are better than the hardware listed. All in all listed above is awsome powerful gaming rig that will max crysis or bioshock big dx10 games however if your patient you can do two options. A)save money, B)get better hardware. Choose is yours and really chose B is just braging rights because both will max crysis.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

hahahahaha Mac users...reminds me of the old casette players...not sure why...it just does...

a Good tip is to find a realy good comuter already built and go to Ebay and buy all the parts serperatly and build the computer yourself you can save ALOT of money...for $2k you could build a realy good computer