Looking to get a new Gaming PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

So currently my PC is utter garbage and can barely run a screenshot of a potato. i was hoping to get a new PC next month and this is one ive been looking at:

http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/Gallant-AMD-4100-USB3-94p1201.htm (im in the UK)

i was planning on adding a 560ti instead of the 550 and also getting a razer keyboard and mouse. this will end up running me about £650. does anyone in the uk know of anywhere cheaper? or know of anything that can help me out with all this. i havent got a clue what im doing and i dont want to get ripped off. CCL has similar prices but doesnt come with an OS which sucks.

So yeah any help would be greatly appreciated. people have suggested i build one but i havent got the faintest idea of where to start with that so i gues its out of the question.

seercirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 seercirra
Member since 2012 • 311 Posts

So currently my PC is utter garbage and can barely run a screenshot of a potato. i was hoping to get a new PC next month and this is one ive been looking at:

i was planning on adding a 560ti instead of the 550 and also getting a razer keyboard and mouse. this will end up running me about £650. does anyone in the uk know of anywhere cheaper? or know of anything that can help me out with all this. i havent got a clue what im doing and i dont want to get ripped off. CCL has similar prices but doesnt come with an OS which sucks.

So yeah any help would be greatly appreciated. people have suggested i build one but i havent got the faintest idea of where to start with that so i gues its out of the question.

tomrocks666
M5A78L-M - £30 FX 4100 black - £75 8gb ddr3 1333 - £25 1tb HDD - £65 22x DVDRW - £15 gtx 550 ti - £80 400w value PSU - £15 windows 7 - £70 = £375 its a very bad deal. terrible parts. £30 bargain basement mobo, 400w PSU, dont trust these jokers. build your own. get someone to make a list for you to buy, for a good gaming base unit around £600. you should be able to get a 2500k +560ti and much better parts.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="tomrocks666"]

seercirra

M5A78L-M - £30 FX 4100 black - £75 8gb ddr3 1333 - £25 1tb HDD - £65 22x DVDRW - £15 gtx 550 ti - £80 400w value PSU - £15 windows 7 - £70 = £375 its a very bad deal. terrible parts. £30 bargain basement mobo, 400w PSU, dont trust these jokers. build your own. get someone to make a list for you to buy, for a good gaming base unit around £600. you should be able to get a 2500k +560ti and much better parts.

lulz

anyway tc you can improve on their build alot by building it yourself. just ignore this dude and his 600 quid 560ti nonsense :P he knows not what he does

tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

Thanks for the replies. The problem is i have literally no knowledge about building a gaming PC. i wouldnt know where to start. but i also dont wanna spend more than i need to. if only i weent such an idiot.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Thanks for the replies. The problem is i have literally no knowledge about building a gaming PC. i wouldnt know where to start. but i also dont wanna spend more than i need to. if only i weent such an idiot.

tomrocks666

learning how isnt all that ahrd there is a literal pile of pc assembling guides on the internet. amd, intel and nvidia even ahve their own how to install video's making things incredibly simple for the only real complex pieces. if you can operate a screwdriver and assemble a lego set. you can build a computer. its just that simple. if your unwilling still to climb that hill then at least consider the idea of adding parts to an existing machine. thatd not be as bad value wise. cause tc your spening like 150 morem on a computer than you would otherwise need too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrW_LGSrHdo&feature=relmfu

DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

One gets the best price/performance bang for their buck when building a PC themselves. If you want to make the effort, which is not all that difficult, just Google how to build a PC and there will be many sites that offer good info on the topic.

You can start right here in this forum on Computer Hardware Discussions.... http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26986920/picture-guide-to-computer-building-and-hardware-installation-56k

It's a great thread, lots of really good information on what to do and how to do it.

*+