Looking for new gaming/movie headphones

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ATastyBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ATastyBurger
Member since 2008 • 416 Posts

I'm looking for some new gaming headphones, and I was specifically looking at the Sennheiser HD202 MK II set. They do look extremely good for the price, but I was wondering if I'd need a sound card as well. I've just been using the onboard soundcard on my motherboard.

I do have a preamp that I could use as well.

I'm currently using Logitech x-240 speakers, and sometimes Klipsch S4 headphones.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

I'm looking for some new gaming headphones, and I was specifically looking at the Sennheiser HD202 MK II set. They do look extremely good for the price, but I was wondering if I'd need a sound card as well. I've just been using the onboard soundcard on my motherboard.

I do have a preamp that I could use as well.

I'm currently using Logitech x-240 speakers, and sometimes Klipsch S4 headphones.

ATastyBurger
Well the Klipsch S4's are really nice headphones. What's your budget? If I had some s4's I'd want full sized headphones that are much better like for example; Denon D5000, my new treasures. Assuming you won't want to pay that much Audio Technica ATH M50 and Beyerdynamic DT770s are great choices and nicely priced as well.
Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

I'm not exactly sure what your asking. If your asking for a good gaming headset with a mic etc... I'd say the Triton AX 180's. The quality is great and the price is super cheap compared to others. If your looking for headphones, I'd recommend skullcandy skullcrushers. Not for gaming though, skullcrushers are just a simple 3.5mm audio jack input, so it could be used for PC gaming.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

I'm not exactly sure what your asking. If your asking for a good gaming headset with a mic etc... I'd say the Triton AX 180's. The quality is great and the price is super cheap compared to others. If your looking for headphones, I'd recommend skullcandy skullcrushers. Not for gaming though, skullcrushers are just a simple 3.5mm audio jack input, so it could be used for PC gaming.

Defy_The_Fallen

blakostructor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 blakostructor
Member since 2008 • 1536 Posts

Defy_The_Fallen

ATastyBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ATastyBurger
Member since 2008 • 416 Posts

Defy_The_Fallen
I'm definitely not asking for a recommendation for Skullcandy headphones, or an overpriced headset with a mic, haha. Mozelleple112 is right, I'm looking for a good set of over the ear headphones to use for watching movies and playing games. I really do love the S4's for on the go, though!
Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#7 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts

I'm using the Sennheiser HD202 MK II right now, and they're good, if a bit tight on my gigantic head. If you haven't read the sticky already I would suggest you do so, as it will give a list of headphones of various types and price points to consider that have been well-regarded in both these forums and places like Head-Fi.

Good luck,

Boz