Looking for good Rogue/backstab game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58898 Posts

Hello my friends. Rogue is my favorite class in RPG's are I currently feel like playing this game in a video game. Specifically for high DMG backstabs. I've played alot of RPG's Elder Scrolls series, Dragon Age, Darksouls, Kingdoms Of Al e.t.c... and am specifically looking for a new game to play that does this class very well.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

Rogue

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

Playing as Atton (a Han Solo type dude) in Knights of the Old Republic 2 was fun. He was a rogue. You can stab in the back for extra damage. You can pew-pew 'em in the back for extra damage. What's not to like?

Legend of Grimrock has a rogue class. The dosey-doe fighting-and-dodging gives the attacks a rhythmn-mini-game prelude that I enjoy, plus there are some modern-combat mechanics under the retro hood . For instance, when you step back into attack range and swing, the game takes into account your added momentum for extra damage and oomph. This makes scoring backstabs extra fun. There will be some monsters that you won't be doing any sneaking up on. I won't tell you what they are as part of the fun is hearing your enemies scuttling about, catching a glimpse of one, and then getting surrounded. LOL.

NOTE: Both these games are puzzle-heavy BUT Legend of Grimrock now has user-created maps available from the get-go. If I re-did Grimrock's first playthru I'd prolly research a popular player-created map light on puzzles. In KOTOR 2 there is usually some obstacle on the map to your progress that you will need to investigate/solve.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58898 Posts

Thank you for the help my friend, much appreciated.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

mw2 knifing

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@Fire_Wa11 said:

Playing as Atton (a Han Solo type dude) in Knights of the Old Republic 2 was fun. He was a rogue. You can stab in the back for extra damage. You can pew-pew 'em in the back for extra damage. What's not to like?

Legend of Grimrock has a rogue class. The dosey-doe fighting-and-dodging gives the attacks a rhythmn-mini-game prelude that I enjoy, plus there are some modern-combat mechanics under the retro hood . For instance, when you step back into attack range and swing, the game takes into account your added momentum for extra damage and oomph. This makes scoring backstabs extra fun. There will be some monsters that you won't be doing any sneaking up on. I won't tell you what they are as part of the fun is hearing your enemies scuttling about, catching a glimpse of one, and then getting surrounded. LOL.

NOTE: Both these games are puzzle-heavy BUT Legend of Grimrock now has user-created maps available from the get-go. If I re-did Grimrock's first playthru I'd prolly research a popular player-created map light on puzzles. In KOTOR 2 there is usually some obstacle on the map to your progress that you will need to investigate/solve.

I will vouch for Legend of Grimrock great game! Also something like Dishonored, which is a rogue type game. Granted your class is not Rogue, but its meant to be played that way.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Rouge class in Ragnarok Online