Looking for a slow game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Noriel_Sylvire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Noriel_Sylvire
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

Hello, everyone!

A few years ago I played a game called Presentable Liberty. Except for today, I've never finished it since 2015.Most people would think it is just a game that tells the sad story of one person but NO! It talks about depression, the millennium disease. It talks about how everyone is either depressed (the virus) or enclosed in it's own mind (the prison).

But I'm not here to talk about that game. I just want a slow paced game. What I liked about this game is that it gives you time to think. It is minimalistic which lets a lot of space for your mind to reflect.

I would also want it to have not too great graphics. Nothing better then Outlast. That's because my computer is a potato, and you know, minimal graphics make you think.

One more think, it doesn't have to be sad, I even prefer it not to be so. I just want to relax.

Thank you all in advance!

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@noriel_sylvire: To The Moon. 96% positive reviews on Steam for very good reason - it has a brilliant, gut wrenching story. It's about two doctors that change the memories of dying people to fulfill their life dreams. It's slow paced and has very low end graphics. Play it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Firewatch, maybe.

Noriel_Sylvire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Noriel_Sylvire

@saintsatan: I already have that one. Pretty good tho. Thx anyway.

Noriel_Sylvire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Noriel_Sylvire

@mrbojangles25: Seems cool. Is it for pc?

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

I like Dragon Quest Builders. Fun, has objectives, but can go out on your own too. Graphics are not that great, but good enough.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

Although maybe completely different of what you might want, i always recommend LIMBO on potato computers or INSIDE if your PC can handle it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#8 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@noriel_sylvire: Adventure games and walking sims sound like they would be a good fit for you. Try out the Tell Tale games. They usually have good story and presentation.

Loodko_Koopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Loodko_Koopus
Member since 2018 • 69 Posts

@BassMan said:

@noriel_sylvire: Adventure games and walking sims sound like they would be a good fit for you. Try out the Tell Tale games. They usually have good story and presentation.

+1 to that. There are many really good adventure games out there that you could try, my personal recommendation is Technobabylon. Look it up.

Takemeheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Takemeheart
Member since 2018 • 11 Posts

@loodko_koopus said:
@BassMan said:

+1 to that. There are many really good adventure games out there that you could try, my personal recommendation is Technobabylon. Look it up.

Thank , i will do that

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

ok I am not touching 'story's in games' because in my view the two should not mix (story) and (game)

but if you want something you can chill out with, let the mind wonder, hell and even watch TV while you play I vote Farming Simulator 17 or Farmers Dynasty.

You would be surprised at how addictive just gathering crops can be, its creepy strange how addictive it is.

Avatar image for justin_maribito
Justin_Maribito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Justin_Maribito
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

I also +1 To the Moon. Played it myself and it's amazing.

Talazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Talazar
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

You should try Lothgar Online, its a grind type game lots of monsters to hunt and treasure to loot, its news just released last year.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

the long dark could be worth a look. its a survival game but you can set it so that its quite a peaceful survival game if you want (basically animals wont attack you so its you vs the elements and environment.). its quite slow paced and allows the mind to wonder in my experience.

GamEmulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamEmulator

FAR CRY 5 is slow

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

@noriel_sylvire said:

Hello, everyone!

A few years ago I played a game called Presentable Liberty. Except for today, I've never finished it since 2015.Most people would think it is just a game that tells the sad story of one person but NO! It talks about depression, the millennium disease. It talks about how everyone is either depressed (the virus) or enclosed in it's own mind (the prison).

But I'm not here to talk about that game. I just want a slow paced game. What I liked about this game is that it gives you time to think. It is minimalistic which lets a lot of space for your mind to reflect.

I would also want it to have not too great graphics. Nothing better then Outlast. That's because my computer is a potato, and you know, minimal graphics make you think.

One more think, it doesn't have to be sad, I even prefer it not to be so. I just want to relax.

Thank you all in advance!

So, you don't just want a slow game, but a relaxing as well. There's ton of slow games, but not all are relaxing. Say for example silent hunter 3, it is slow, but can be very stressful. Or say grand strategy games.

Anyway, I would classify card games as relaxing. Try FROST, which is a unique type of card game in that you do not battle someone else but rather try to survive a cold harsh environment. Another one I highly suggest is CARD CITY NIGHTS, and though this one does involves duels, it does involve unique game mechanics and a rather lighthearted and zany world. It has a sequel, but I haven't played it.

Another genre that can be relaxing is the city builder/management subgenre. You can basically try all ANNO games up to 1404(older ones can only be found on GOG). I think they are quite the time waster and if you know what you are doing, a slow and relaxing experience. I would suggest to avoid the newer entries in the series. 2070 I hear has issues with its copy protection while 2205 I hear is not all that good. 1800 is coming though and I hope it is good. From there, you can't go wrong with SIMCITY 3000 and 4(though avoid the 2013 one like the plaque), while the TROPICO series is a great alternative.