Looking for a Sandbox, open world adventure game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

nope your SoL, about the only game i could recommend is an korean MMORPG but the second i say korean i also am saying hardcore grinding.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23959 Posts

Shame he asked for PvP action adventure (I assume that is what he meant by open world adventure game).

Because otherwise I would recommend Dwarf Fortress, which is a lot more indepth than Minecraft or any other sandbox game where you build and survive.

Verbarsori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Verbarsori
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Hey. So im looking for a game, specifically a game as a replacement to Minecraft, as that got boring long ago. What im looking for: 1st/3rd person (3d) NOT side scrolling PvP aspect Build structures/towns aspect Sandbox Crafting Prefered Vehicles Weapons/Guns (PvP and PvE) Survival If someone knows of something like this, or in development, let me know :D Really looking forward to a new great game.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
only thing I can think of is to wait for cube world
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

far cry 3

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

only thing I can think of is to wait for cube world darksusperia

I haven't seen this yet! It looks like a lot of fun! 

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Hey. So im looking for a game, specifically a game as a replacement to Minecraft, as that got boring long ago. What im looking for: 1st/3rd person (3d) NOT side scrolling PvP aspect Build structures/towns aspect Sandbox Crafting Prefered Vehicles Weapons/Guns (PvP and PvE) Survival If someone knows of something like this, or in development, let me know :D Really looking forward to a new great game.Verbarsori

Only thing I can think of that encompasses all of that is Minecraft... Have you tried mods? TekkitLite, Feed the Beast, various other modpacks? They completely alter the game and add literally thousands of new items... Not to mention the servers for them go even more in depth, with some that have server specific RPG mods (levels, classes, etc)...

Short of Runescape if you count player houses as town/structure building aspect, I can't think of anything that encompasses all of those aspects... The game you are wanting doesn't exist to my knowledge.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I know this is going to sound funny, but I seriously vote Guild Wars 2. I got this game about three weeks ago and am having a blast. I can't think of anything that screams adventure more than running around and suddenly finding a cave to explore. And man do I find secrets in the game all the time. Off your list, it has..... 1. crafting- you craft weapons (including guns), armor, upgrades, potions etc. 2. 3rd person 3. Has PvP and PvE 4. Huge sandbox world for you to run around it. No vehicles and no structure building other than in WvW with things like catapults. But it's the adventure part I can't stress enough about this game. The world is huge with plenty of secrets to discover. I am always finding new areas every time I play. The last three days I have found 5 New caves to explore. And when I say caves, I do not mean dungeons. The game also has those as well. Also, 95% of the game can be played solo. PvP, dungeons, and the last mission are the only things I know of the require more than just you to beat. There are always events popping up for you to do and they aren't the boring repetitive type. Like yesterday, I watched over three Charr children as they ran around a graveyard on a dare and fought off the ghost as they ran around the graveyard making funny comments like "you got your Yak butter on my Moa jerky" as the other says "you got your Moa jerky in my Yak butter" (think Reese cup). And you will get many many hours out of the game.
ciorlandenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 ciorlandenis
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

EvE online is a sandbox... it's no fps, but there is plenty of action if you look for it. plenty of corps suply free ships for pilots willing to do their bidding.

Verbarsori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Verbarsori
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Thanx for all the suggestions, I was already looking at guildwars 2, but not for the same reason, but ill def. re-consider, cube world looked interesting, but I dont think it has quite what im looking for, it seems to be missing building/PvP. Minecraft mods ive tried, but i find most are just too easy, (such a tekkit, once you get some stuff the rest just comes together) I guess what im really looking for is minecraft to be fun again for me. I also came across StarForge, which i wouldent recommend right now, as many features are missing from it and its not exactly playable right now. Guess ill just have to make my own =/
Ant0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ant0n89
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts
Ace Of Spades maybe? Honestly, you're asking for so much from a game, that I don't think it exists...yet