Looking for a "build a collection" game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Reaper6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Reaper6666
Member since 2004 • 161 Posts

Hi guys

I am in the mood for a collecting game. I don't mean a game where you collect items during playthrough like Diablo. I mean a game that is actually build for creating your own collection. Like collecting stamps in real life. :p

I just don't have any idea or games like this actually exist. The only thing that comes to mind is Magic the Gathering or a pokemon game, but that's not really what I am in the mood for.

Is there a game that will let you collect items and create your own museum for instance? Something like that is what I'm looking for.

Any reaction is welcome! Thanks in advance for all your expertise, ladies and gents.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Go play Minecraft. You can collect all kinds of things, then you can use them to build massive structures.. or whatever your imagine can come up with. Or play Skyrim and collect the weapons and armor sets, then display them in your houses.

Reaper6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Reaper6666

I've played both games. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a game that's really focused on gathering and collecting the items. The more items are in the game the better. And indeed maybe a way of displaying them.

Platform = PC by the way.

frnk55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 frnk55
Member since 2010 • 260 Posts

I've always loved to collect books in Morrowind!

l0ner_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 l0ner_1
Member since 2003 • 353 Posts

hmm, the closet thing i could think of, In Elder Scrolls Skyrim, using mod tool or loading up exisiting mod tools, you can create your mesuem. Fill it with all the items in the game, Which may I add is a lot of random junk as well as Armor and weapons.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 843 Posts

What about the lego games, they got so many lego stuff to collect it's crazy.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Pokemon is the only game I can think of like that, but I guess any RPG in general could fit that bill. Dark Souls has a ton of amazing gear, difficult to find stuff that can be used in different situations or to gain an achievement for owning them all.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Shenmue has some cool collecting parts to it but it's not on PC unless you want to play around in grey areas of the law. Assassins Creed 2 has a room where you can place all sorts of armor sets and weapons, not exactly a game that focuses on that though but still, it's one of the nice things about the game.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
Play Ultimate Collector on Facebook. It's made by Richard Garriot.
TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

Any RPG or adventure game, really.

Or just go on Facebook, and add as many people you know as you can think of.

Reaper6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Reaper6666

Alright some nice reactions here.

What about the lego games? That sounds interesting to me. I've played the lego batman but that didn't let you collect a lot of stuff... Which games are you talking about specificly?

Assassins Creed, indeed! They had that "museum" to collect your stuff. Pretty cool, but not good enough (atleast gathering wise).

Morrowind and Skyrim are too big of a game to focus on gathering. You have to do too much. That's not what I'm looking for. Played both of them. Great games.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

The Witcher women cards? :P

How about Battleforge?

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SPYDER0416

Fallout 3 and New Vegas did a great job as well. Even with mod guns and gear, there are a LOT of weapons and named weapons and clothing items to collect and keep in your place, both games offer a large safehouse to store your gear the way you want. I have almost every named gun and piece of clothing you can get in New Vegas, with weapon attachments of varying types and I routinely checked the various vendors to see if a rare gun or attachment was available. I spent like an hour hunting for a Hunting Rifle scope, but when I found it I felt like my hunting rifle was finally complete, and after taking it out for some fun I got it fully repaired and now keep it on display on my shelf.

That game is not for someone with OCD trying to cut down on time wasting. Skyrim is a whole entire level above that in stuff you can collect and customize and keep in your place.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

In Borderlands you can get a massive collection of guns.

Reaper6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Reaper6666

It's true what you guys say. Fallout and Skyrim and Borderlands all have massive things to collect... (Indeed almost any RPG). And are great games. But for some reason I'm just not in the mood for games like that to start collecting stuff. I enjoy the storylines and sidemissions more.

I remember a pretty silly game called recettear where you own a pawnshop. You had to find special items and buy them from people if they offered them. Besides the stuff you'd sell in the store, you could build a private collection as long as you didn't sell the items. This was pretty cool. Something like that is what I'm looking for. Why am I not playing Recettear then? Because I got bored of it and it didn't have a lot of stuff to collect. :)

That Lego game sounds good. Not too hard, but fun gameplay. So I can focus on collecting the items. But I'm afraid the game might not have "tons" to gather.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Other than the ones previously suggested like Skyrim and Minecraft I can't suggest much...
Reaper6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Reaper6666

Alright. For the people who might also be interested in such a game I was looking for, I found the perfect one.

Believe it or not, but it is actually The Sims 3 with all expansion packs.

The game lets you gather tons of different stuff. Gems, butterflies, beetles, meteors, books, vintige wines, paintings, metals, ghosts, collectable art collections, plants, fishes, fireflies, cars, and numberous more different stuff.

You can also build your own museum that is owned by your sim and people will pay admissions that you receive at the end of the week. The more valuables you have the more they'll pay. Which allows you to build a bigger museum and so on.

The only downside is that you have to take care of your sim, but I actually don't mind that much. That makes the game more challenging. For people that don't like that I'm sure there are cheats that will solve the problem.

Thanks for all the responses but for now I'll take my chances with this game. I'll be busy for months collecting all that stuff and building a giant museum to earn millions.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SPYDER0416

Uh... ok.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

I've played both games. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a game that's really focused on gathering and collecting the items. The more items are in the game the better. And indeed maybe a way of displaying them.

Platform = PC by the way.

Reaper6666

guildwars 1 there is literally a monument hall for everything. you can then display them either based on your account or your individual characters.

you can then turn around and use your collection to get yourself phat lewts in gw2 :D

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Since someone mentioned pokemon (nintendo systems) i'm assuming it's ok to mention Animal Crossing - you collect all kinds of things and display them, practically what the game is made for.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

Terraria.