Lifetime of Role Playing Promised !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Anyone else wanna sink massive hours into this, even if they've done so before?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
No thanks. I own Oblivion GOTY Deluxe Edition and will just pick Morrowind and Skyrim up for $5 each on Steam. I have no interest in the rest.
haafie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 haafie
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

and the complete anthology is missing Battlespire and Redguard.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Already own them all (except for Skyrim and the earliest titles). I might go back soon and play Morrowind with all the latest goodies and mods. Or perhaps I'll hold out until it's open-source and cooperative play has been implemented. It's funny, I sing Morrowind's praises and bash Oblivion/Skyrim, yet I beat those two games and haven't beat Morrowind. Morrowind feels like a never-ending experience for me. Maybe the game's main quest is just genuinely that much longer? I swear I could beat Oblivion's and Skyrim's main quests before even getting half-way into Morrowind's. That's my tangent for the thread.
Avatar image for i_saw_a_mudcrab
i_saw_a_mudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 i_saw_a_mudcrab
Member since 2007 • 1015 Posts

I'd rather have a lifetime supply of paint to watch dry.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Allicrombie

and the complete anthology is missing Battlespire and Redguard.

haafie
I know =(
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#7 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Aren't Arena and Daggerfall supposed to suck?  Which would make Morrowind the only REALLY good one. XD

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KHAndAnime

Aren't Arena and Daggerfall supposed to suck?  Which would make Morrowind the only REALLY good one. XD

NeonNinja
Daggerfall is pretty good.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Allicrombie

NeonNinja
Daggerfall is massive. I spent like 300+ hrs playing that.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Can't those games be picked up individually for about half the price during sales though?
Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

After Skyrim i can't see myself playing Morrowind,Oblivion or any other ES ever again.

They might be superior games(story and gameplay wise) but they are way too dated to be played again.

Adding graphical mods will only make them run like shit and crash constantly since their engine is ancient,unstable and unoptimized.(talking about morrowind and oblivion here)

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

It would be pointless for me since I already have all of that with exception of Arena and the latest Skyrim DLC.

Daggerfall doesn't suck btw, it's arguably the deepest game in the series along with Morrowind.  Also you can get it for free from Bethesda's own site so check it out if you haven't.  It's also absolutely massive compared to the other games in series.  

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

I've played the Elder Scrolls since Morrowind like crazy. Too many other games to play for me to replay those. I love them but not enough to replay them unless there really aren't any other games I'm interested in.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19602 Posts
It's not a great deal. Two of those games are free, and you could pick up Morrowind and Oblivion for $5ish each every few months, so it's really just a question of whether you mind spending $70 for Skyrim and a few maps.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
It's not a great deal. Two of those games are free, and you could pick up Morrowind and Oblivion for $5ish each every few months, so it's really just a question of whether you mind spending $70 for Skyrim and a few maps.Planeforger
Yup. It's a very bad deal. You're better off buying some of those games separately. This is a collector's item and that's about it. Pretty packaging. :P
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KHAndAnime

After Skyrim i can't see myself playing Morrowind,Oblivion or any other ES ever again.

They might be superior games(story and gameplay wise) but they are way too dated to be played again.

Adding graphical mods will only make them run like shit and crash constantly since their engine is ancient,unstable and unoptimized.(talking about morrowind and oblivion here)

ShepardCommandr
Completely untrue. You can adds hundreds of mods (not just graphical) to Morrowind or Oblivion and have a completely stable and smooth experience. Just because you couldn't do it doesn't mean other people can't.
worldalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 worldalpha
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts

Having played most of Skyrim and Oblivion, I'm not sure I would want to regress to the other games (at least graphically).

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KHAndAnime

Having played most of Skyrim and Oblivion, I'm not sure I would want to regress to the other games (at least graphically).

worldalpha
Modded Morrowind looks better than unmodded Oblivion. Daggerfall's graphics are quite charming despite their age. If you put graphics aside, you might discover that the older games are often the bigger, more impressive ones.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NeonNinja

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

Allicrombie

I had read that it was massive (Moreso than any of the other Scrolls games) but only because a lot of content was copy/pasted throughout the game.  Is that true?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

NeonNinja

I had read that it was massive (Moreso than any of the other Scrolls games) but only because a lot of content was copy/pasted throughout the game.  Is that true?

From the wiki:

the scale of the game is twice the size of Great Britain:[2] around 487,000 square kilometers/ 188,000 sq miles. The game world features over 15,000 towns, cities, villages, and dungeons for the player's character to explore. According to Todd Howard, game director and executive producer for Bethesda, the game's sequel, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is 0.01% the size of Daggerfall, but most of Daggerfall's terrain was randomly generated. Vvardenfell, the explorable part of Morrowind in the third game has 10 square miles (25.9 square kilometers).[3][4]The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has approximately 16 square miles (41.4 square kilometers) to explore.[5] In Daggerfall, there are 750,000+ non-player characters (NPCs) for the player to interact with, compared to the count of around 1,000 NPCs found in Morrowind and Oblivion. However, the geography and the characters in these later games are much more detailed.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="worldalpha"]

KHAndAnime
Modded Morrowind looks better than unmodded Oblivion. Daggerfall's graphics are quite charming despite their age. If you put graphics aside, you might discover that the older games are often the bigger, more impressive ones.

Agreed. Oblivion is just uninspiring to me. So bland. Morrowind is the superior game all throughout.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NeonNinja

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Daggerfall is massive. I spent like 300+ hrs playing that.wis3boi

From the wiki:

the scale of the game is twice the size of Great Britain:[2] around 487,000 square kilometers/ 188,000 sq miles. The game world features over 15,000 towns, cities, villages, and dungeons for the player's character to explore. According to Todd Howard, game director and executive producer for Bethesda, the game's sequel, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is 0.01% the size of Daggerfall, but most of Daggerfall's terrain was randomly generated. Vvardenfell, the explorable part of Morrowind in the third game has 10 square miles (25.9 square kilometers).[3][4]The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has approximately 16 square miles (41.4 square kilometers) to explore.[5] In Daggerfall, there are 750,000+ non-player characters (NPCs) for the player to interact with, compared to the count of around 1,000 NPCs found in Morrowind and Oblivion. However, the geography and the characters in these later games are much more detailed.

Well, that explained a lot.  Randomly generated adventures in a massive land sounds kind of interesting.