This topic is locked from further discussion.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Really was wanting to get into another MMORPG but not sure which to devote my time. I've played WoW and Runescape so i refuse to go back to them. I was looking at GW2 with interest. Thoughts on any good MMORPGs out there and if GW2 is worth the purchase.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Yes GW2 worth the money.

brodelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By brodelin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts

Guild Wars is fun while you level your character, it has nice dynamic quests & good exploration. It is worth the money imo but it lacks good endgame (PVE). I didn't pvp at all while I played so I cant comment on that.

You can also try some of the better WoW clones like Rift or Star Wars: the old republic (both free to play).

If you're intrested in modern combat mechanics then Neverwinter or Tera are good choices (I dont like them personally there are lots of people playing them).

If you can wait then the Elder Scrolls Online will release next month, from my beta experience it is really a great game and will probably be really good with a big community. It will be the game that I'll invest most time into until Destiny will release.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@brodelin said:

Guild Wars is fun while you level your character, it has nice dynamic quests & good exploration. It is worth the money imo but it lacks good endgame (PVE). I didn't pvp at all while I played so I cant comment on that.

You can also try some of the better WoW clones like Rift or Star Wars: the old republic (both free to play).

If you're intrested in modern combat mechanics then Neverwinter or Tera are good choices (I dont like them personally there are lots of people playing them).

If you can wait then the Elder Scrolls Online will release next month, from my beta experience it is really a great game and will probably be really good with a big community. It will be the game that I'll invest most time into until Destiny will release.

Yeah from the looks of it I'm better off waiting for ESO... Thanks.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

Honestly I do not see what ESO has that GW2 doesn't. The large scale pvp is, while improved upon, pretty much the same concept. The questing, and ability to be in first person are both advantages (though I think the dynamic events are pretty good in gw2). They both lack endgame, ESO does not have an advantage in this category, if anything GW2 does, as there are somethings that you can do in terms of end game. GW2 also had the most fun leveling out of any mmo I have played to date.