Let's get through that Steam Library...Together(Fallout:NV)

• 133 results
Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to our little video game club. It's like a book club, but for video games! The first game we are going to play is Fallout New Vegas

Basic Game Information:

Fallout New Vegas - 8.5 on GameSpot

Price on Steam - $9.99 $4.99 (Steam Sale) Link to page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/22380/

How To Partake and Questions:

How do I join in? All you have to do to participate is to play the game at least once a week and then write something about the game here on this thread.

What should I write about? Anything that's about the game! Here's a couple ideas of things you can write about:

1) A journal/diary that documents your experiences so far (in the first or third person if you so wish).

2) Simply talking about your progress so far in general

3) Your thoughts on the overall gameplay experience. Everything and anything from the AI, the shooting, the weapon models, weather effects,etc.

4) Taking one single aspect of the game, say plants in the environment for example, and analyzing that single thing and either criticizing or praising it.

5) Your thoughts on the stories, characters, quests, and other narrative experiences found in the game.

6) A short guide of how to do a quest or find a specific object. Either voluntary or if find some other user needs help.

There is a ton of content packed in Fallout New Vegas, so I doubt we will have difficulty in finding things to discuss.

I encourage all users to write as much as possible and as in much detail as possible. This is so that we can have more critical discussions about the game and so it can motivate us to post more. The other thing that this thread is meant for, other than getting through that Steam library, is to become smarter thinkers about video games through discussions with others.

What about spoilers? Since I imagine no one wants to see a page full of big black spoiler blocks, you just have to give a small warning that you will discuss something spoiler-y in your post. The only time when you have to leave a spoiler warning is when you see other users not as far along as you in the game.(You can tell be their posts)

Do I have to play at the same pace as everyone else? No. Though it would a nice if we can all play at the same pace, I know that is really unrealistic as everyone's schedule is different. So you can play as fast or as slow as you want. Just make sure to play once a week for a good amount of time (1-2 hours) and post up your writings here.

What about screenshots? You can post screenshots of your experience on here, but only a max of 3 screenshots for a post. If you want post up more, you can do that in the PC Game Screenshot Thread.

Can we play with Mods? Yes you can. Just make sure you indicate within your post when you are talking about the mods.

When do we start? We will officially start tomorrow, Monday December 22nd, 2014.

If you have more questions or ideas for making this a more exciting and better experience, feel free to ask me either through an @reply or a PM.

Have fun and game on :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post

Since I imagine almost everyone on here has a huge Steam backlog and unsure where to start, I decided to steal a NeoGAF thread idea I once saw and try it here. So here is the basic concept: We all pick any one game that we all have (or can buy if we don't currently own), we play it at least once a week, then we come back to this thread and post up what our thoughts of the game are as we play it and discuss it with others. We would talk about things like what our personal progress is,what we think of mechanics and other gameplay parts,what we think of the story so far and where it might be going,etc. So we'll be talking critically about games. Basically like a book club, but for video games!

You don't have to constantly play the game (you can if you want), just once a week is good enough.

We are not making anything official yet, just pitching the idea to everyone. If a minimum of 10 users sign up for this idea, then we could start it off, but if not, then I guess I can try it in the other discussion pages.

The end-goal for this project is so you can complete more games in your Steam Library and also so you can critically think better about games by talking with other users on here.

If you are interested in participating in this thing, then say so below in a post. We will decide what game to play later after we are complete with sign ups.

Spread the word to other discussion pages and threads if your interested! The more better!

So, what do you think? Are you Interested?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have now added a sign up chart to show which users are interested in participating. If your interested in signing up, all you have to do is say so in a post below. If you don't want to participate anymore and want your name remove from the chart, reply in this thread or PM me and I will do so. We will decide what game to play later when we have everyone that wants to participate sign up.

Column Head
@zanelli
@nulld
@Arthas045
@DefconRave
@pyro1245
@thehig1
@Jacanuk
@phbz
@Planeforger
@verbalfilth
@PredatorRules
@top_lel
@groowagon
@airshocker
@lawlessx
@SaintSatan
zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By zanelli  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

@behardy24: So sort of like how a book club would operate, only with games? I like the idea, and I would certainly be up for giving it a shot.

I have a reasonable steam library, with quite a backlog of games I haven't even touched. So I'm sure there'll be something in there.

nulld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 nulld
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

@behardy24: Sounds like fun. And a great excuse to widen my steam library.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Behardy24

@zanelli said:

@behardy24: So sort of like how a book club would operate, only with games? I like the idea, and I would certainly be up for giving it a shot.

I have a reasonable steam library, with quite a backlog of games I haven't even touched. So I'm sure there'll be something in there.

Exactly. A video game club if you will ;)

Glad to hear your interested! I've put your name on the sign up chart.

We will get through that steam library in no time :D

@nulld said:

@behardy24: Sounds like fun. And a great excuse to widen my steam library.

Happy to hear that you are interested in it. I've added your name to the sign up chart.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

That sounds pretty neat I would be down for something like this as well...

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Behardy24

@Arthas045 said:

That sounds pretty neat I would be down for something like this as well...

Alright cool! Your now on the sign up chart :)

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#7 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

I game quite alot on Steam so sign me up as well. Hope you don't choose a $60 title (that i dont have) :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@behardy24: I only have a handful of games on steam. :(

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I don't know how realistic it would be to expect all 10 people to play or buy a certain game at the same time.

Furthermore, different people will be at different stages in the game ... etc.

So nice idea, but it would be difficult to implement.

But with that said, I'd maybe be willing to participate if it's a game that I have played or am playing.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Ah it sounds like fun but I don't think i would actually participate though, i guess it would depend on the game.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I'd be interested in doing something like this.....if I had the game (I don't buy many, most of my steam games have been gifted) and I didn't have to buy one, especially a game I wasn't interested in.

Also, if I didn't have kids, 2 dogs and wife - they bitch enough as it is for the 10-15 hours I play every week (this is mostly during down times; kids napping or at night when everyone has gone to bed).

Also, if I didn't have a full-time job.....

Gee thanks, I'm now slightly depressed that my gaming time is shrinking more and more....I'd still be interested in the results you get.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9396 Posts

This sounds like a good idea. Maybe it'll get me away from Dark Souls 2 for a while (unless we decide to play that, which I'm totally cool with). According to steam I have not played 57 (33%) of my games, so.....

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I'm in, sign me up please sounds like a very good idea

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Behardy24

@DefconRave said:

I game quite alot on Steam so sign me up as well. Hope you don't choose a $60 title (that i dont have) :P

Your in! We will be talking about what game to play when everyone has signed up. But don't worry, I don't think we will choose any recent 60 buck titles. ;)

@pyro1245 said:

This sounds like a good idea. Maybe it'll get me away from Dark Souls 2 for a while (unless we decide to play that, which I'm totally cool with). According to steam I have not played 57 (33%) of my games, so.....

Welcome aboard! :D

@thehig1 said:

I'm in, sign me up please sounds like a very good idea

Your name is on the sign up! :)

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Behardy24

@thereal25 said:

I don't know how realistic it would be to expect all 10 people to play or buy a certain game at the same time.

Furthermore, different people will be at different stages in the game ... etc.

So nice idea, but it would be difficult to implement.

But with that said, I'd maybe be willing to participate if it's a game that I have played or am playing.

I know they're are a few kinks that we have to work out for this to function smoothly. Hopefully when enough people have signed up we can collectively have discussion of how to solve those small issues.

Your welcome to participate at any time :)

@neatfeatguy said:

I'd be interested in doing something like this.....if I had the game (I don't buy many, most of my steam games have been gifted) and I didn't have to buy one, especially a game I wasn't interested in.

Also, if I didn't have kids, 2 dogs and wife - they bitch enough as it is for the 10-15 hours I play every week (this is mostly during down times; kids napping or at night when everyone has gone to bed).

Also, if I didn't have a full-time job.....

Gee thanks, I'm now slightly depressed that my gaming time is shrinking more and more....I'd still be interested in the results you get.

Sorry about that :P

If you're ever interested in joining, you can join in at anytime.

@blangenakker said:

Ah it sounds like fun but I don't think i would actually participate though, i guess it would depend on the game.

We will discuss on what game to play later on, so if there is a certain game you want everyone to play, prepare to pitch in to the discussion coming soon!

Anyways, you can join in at any time.

@Gamerno6666 said:

@behardy24: I only have a handful of games on steam. :(

If we announce a game that you don't own, you can buy the game. And whenever that game happens to be, we probably make sure it is below 20 bucks on Steam so it is not expensive. We want everyone to have the chance to participate :)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

This sounds very interesting so sign me up i have gotten to the point where i am almost down to one digits of played games on steam so this would be a nice way to get some games under the belt and once a week isent to much :D

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Behardy24

@Jacanuk said:

This sounds very interesting so sign me up i have gotten to the point where i am almost down to one digits of played games on steam so this would be a nice way to get some games under the belt and once a week isent to much :D

Your on the list! :)

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Behardy24

@phbz said:

I would like to participate but only if it's possible to skip some games since I have plenty of games to play, on various systems and I don't feel like buying even more right now. So on that basis if you are OK with it, I'm in and I'll participate in games I already own. If not, I'll join latter when the backlog is less populated.

Yeah, sure. There is no obligation for you to stick with it, you can drop in and out anytime. (Though I'm planning to add some inclination for everyone to stay with it, but nothing is set in stone yet)

I'll add you on the list ;)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thehig1

Really looking forward to this, how we going to decide on a game?

A few ways we could are

Everyone make some suggestions and then TC create a shortlist or a poll from them to decide.

Or pick random out of shortlist

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

I have way too many games on Steam and need an excuse to work through my backlog...so sure, count me in.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

This is an amazing idea if you can manage to make it work somehow.

I have a very expansive backlog on all my systems (consoles and PC), I work full time, have social obligations and I just recently started a channel on youtube where I upload reviews of games as a hobby... so I have very limited time but I think I can swing it if its a once-a-week thing.

I'll sign up for it if you'll have me.

this would have worked well as a Union.....but alas, gamespot. lol

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Behardy24

@Planeforger said:

I have way too many games on Steam and need an excuse to work through my backlog...so sure, count me in.

Your in! :)

@verbalfilth said:

This is an amazing idea if you can manage to make it work somehow.

I have a very expansive backlog on all my systems (consoles and PC), I work full time, have social obligations and I just recently started a channel on youtube where I upload reviews of games as a hobby... so I have very limited time but I think I can swing it if its a once-a-week thing.

I'll sign up for it if you'll have me.

this would have worked well as a Union.....but alas, gamespot. lol

Your on the list :D

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Behardy24

@thehig1 said:

Really looking forward to this, how we going to decide on a game?

A few ways we could are

Everyone make some suggestions and then TC create a shortlist or a poll from them to decide.

Or pick random out of shortlist

I'm just as pump as you to start this thing off. I'm going to spent the next hour or so messaging users and mods all across the site asking if they are interested in this thing. The more people, the more fun it will be.

When it comes to deciding games, I'm thinking that people that have signed up post up or sent screenshots of their steam library in this format. (Not my picture) Then I'll spent a day or so crossing checking which games everyone/most people have. If there are a bulk of games everyone has, I'll pick the most critical acclaim ones and then let people vote on it which ones they want to play. The one with the most votes is the one we play.

I think that is the quickest and least stressful way to decide what games to pick (and the least work for everyone involve), but if you or anyone else has a better alternative way, then go ahead and share it.

We'll be starting soon everything soon within a couple of days :)

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Sign me up, I've got plenty of Steam games that I haven't complete, nore even started XD you know how those humblebundle / steam sales affect on you ("CHEAP! MUST BUY!")

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@behardy24: Sounds good. But my games are scattered through Steam, Origin and GOG. But in this upcoming summer sale (that's when I'll get my money and finally get rid of the Goddamn exams), I'll buy some more on Steam as I missed last year's sale because of ....ex..ams

Anyways, count me in.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#27  Edited By DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

Since i'm free today might as well post them up. Dunno whether they were uploaded in order - if not, refer to the file names to avoid condusion.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Behardy24

@PredatorRules said:

Sign me up, I've got plenty of Steam games that I haven't complete, nore even started XD you know how those humblebundle / steam sales affect on you ("CHEAP! MUST BUY!")

I know what you mean, man. Now it's time to we fight back! ;)

Your in. :D

@top_lel said:

@behardy24: Sounds good. But my games are scattered through Steam, Origin and GOG. But in this upcoming summer sale (that's when I'll get my money and finally get rid of the Goddamn exams), I'll buy some more on Steam as I missed last year's sale because of ....ex..ams

Anyways, count me in.

Welcome!

I will do my best to make sure that as many people as possible, are included in this. I don't want to leave anyone behind in this. So don't worry that your games are scattered across different outlets, I'm sure we'll found a couple in common when we are deciding a game soon. ;)

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Behardy24

@DefconRave said:

Since i'm free today might as well post them up. Dunno whether they were uploaded in order - if not, refer to the file names to avoid condusion.

Okay, great! This is perfect. I will definitely be looking at these screenshots when other users start posting their Steam library later on. Thank You.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Sign me up! do i post my Steam library here then? (i'll edit this later if yes)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thehig1
No Caption Provided

My Steam library for when you need it.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Behardy24

@groowagon said:

Sign me up! do i post my Steam library here then? (i'll edit this later if yes)

Your on the chart! :D

Yes, post up your steam library here or you can PM it to me. The sooner you post your Steam library (in the format shown in the other pictures), the better. I'll officially require it from everyone signed up within the next few days.

We'll be starting soon!

---

@thehig1 Thank you! This is great. :) We will be deciding a game soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I'll take part. Will post my library in a bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

And I now own Ryse...possibly Sniper Elite 3...-_-

**** you, Steam.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Behardy24

@airshocker: Your on the sign up list! :D Also, thank you for the library screenshots.

--

@PredatorRules: Thank you!

--

@phbz: Thank you for the screenshots!

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

God help me. I would post my library but...

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Forgot to answer your PM. im also interested in giving this a try.

will post my game list later

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Behardy24

@lawlessx said:

Forgot to answer your PM. im also interested in giving this a try.

will post my game list later

Welcome! :D

@saintsatan said:

Oh boy! That is a lot of games! Don't worry, we will get through that library in no time ;)

Don't worry about having to post up your library if you don't want to since you do own a couple hundred games. We will hopefully pick something that you have.

Also, do you want me to sign you up for this thing? I don't have on the sign up list yet. I am going to assume, so I'll put your name on the list. If I assumed wrong, just let me know.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Behardy24

If everyone (that hasn't already) is able to post up a screenshot of their library soon, we should be able to make decision of the game we are going to play by tomorrow or Sunday. Since I'm predicting not everyone here is going to own a game that contrasts with everyone else's library, I'll chose the one that majority of us do have. Hopefully the few that don't own that game are able to purchase it. I don't want to leave anyone behind.

nulld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nulld
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

My library's pretty small compared to some of you guys. But as I said, it's an excellent chance for me to expand my library :)

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Behardy24

@nulld: Thank you for the screenshot! :D

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 verbalfilth

@saintsatan said:

LMAOOOO

Good luck my friend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

i have an epic problem; my print screen is not working for some reason. it doesn't copy anything to clipboard. doesn't work with keyboard, doesn't work with on-screen keyboard. what the hell...? but i'm working on it.

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48 zanelli  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

I'll post my library here soon, when I've got a bit more time. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm in the 600+ games club, so there's a good chance I'll have quite a few games that every one has.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By verbalfilth