Left for Dead Big Box

#1 Posted by Enragedhydra (945 posts) -

Was there ever a big box release for Left for Dead 1? I've seen it in the slim DVD holders but I would love a big box to put in my collection.

#2 Posted by neatfeatguy (4219 posts) -

@Enragedhydra: I can't recall ever seeing a big box for the game. Big boxes kind of died out as a packing method for PC games in the early 2000s. Left 4 Dead was released in 2009.

I'm not at home, but 3 games that come to mind that I have a large box of is Gothic, Red Faction and Max Payne; these were all 2001.

I have Baldur's Gate II - that's from 2000.

I have others, but nothing newer than perhaps Half Life 2 big box and that game released 2004.

#3 Posted by Enragedhydra (945 posts) -

@neatfeatguy said:

@Enragedhydra: I can't recall ever seeing a big box for the game. Big boxes kind of died out as a packing method for PC games in the early 2000s. Left 4 Dead was released in 2009.

I'm not at home, but 3 games that come to mind that I have a large box of is Gothic, Red Faction and Max Payne; these were all 2001.

I have Baldur's Gate II - that's from 2000.

I have others, but nothing newer than perhaps Half Life 2 big box and that game released 2004.

Thanks for the heads up. I am hoping to start a big box PC collection. I have a pristine box of C&C Red Alert 2

#4 Posted by neatfeatguy (4219 posts) -

@Enragedhydra:

A few others that I still have:

• Half Life
  • Giants: Citizen Kabuto
  • Darkstone
  • Asheron's Call
  • Anarchy Online
  • Brothers In Arms: Earned in Blood

I used to have a lot more from years back (games I got around 2000 and earlier), but I left them at home when I went out for my first year of college. My younger brother found all the PC games I had left, boxed up in the basement, and that ass-hat took it upon himself to take the games and play them. I'm okay with that part of it, but he absolutely just destroyed the boxes, manuals, jewel cases and CDs......here are ones that I recall he ruined:

• Black & White (everything gone)
  • Warcraft: Orcs and Humans (I think I have the original game disc still......maybe)
  • Mech Warrior 2 (everything gone)
  • Vampire: Masquerade Redemption (only thing I have left is the game manual)
  • Half Life (this was my first one - I found a second one soon after I found out he wrecked everything)
  • Warcraft 2 (I still have the original disc on this one, everything else was ruined)

There were a lot more that I just don't remember anymore. I was pissed when I found out he was doing this.....I almost beat the crap out of him as he walked me through his trashed room (never kept it clean) and was pulling out parts of game boxes from various places, cracked jewel cases, discs strewn about the room all scratched to hell.

I used to collect physical PC games - had a couple hundred. I sold off about half of them over the past few years. It's not that I lost interest in it, I just don't have space for them and figured others out there that have room or wanted to play the games would be better owners.