Largest mutiplayer war in gaming history taking place in EVE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/29/tens-of-thousands-of-eve-pilots-fight-over-a-single-star-system/

"Reports have reached PC Gamer?s deep space monitoring stations in EVE that possibly the largest multiplayer war in gaming history is taking place over the Delve region. The initiators of the conflict, Reddit-based Test Alliance Please Ignore, produced the following video explaining the origins and nature of the conflict, now estimated to involve over 50,000 players.

The war began when members of the Test Alliance Please Ignore (known in-game as ?testies?) jumped into another alliance?s system, looking for a fight. When no one came out to fight them, they started destroying their equipment and stealing items. That woke the defending alliances up, who are now appearing in full-force to defend their sector of space.

If you needed proof that this war is going to be epic, it already hasits own ballad, recorded by a player and published online.

Honeybadgers, and the CFC (which includes the infamous Goonswarm Federation) quickly joined the Test Alliance Please Ignore?s rampage, and the Delve Residents, as well as SOCO, Raiden, and Solar alliances, are rallying all the allies they can. Wars of this size in EVE can take weeks, so if you?re planning a vacation to Delve or any surrounding system in the near future, fly softly and carry a big railgun.

Our in-game war correspondents have plotted a course, and will keep you up to date on the events as they unfold."

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I think now is as good a time as any to jump into EVE.

Which side is winning? I want to be on that side, morality be damned there is no right and wrong in war (except in this war where one side attacked the other to troll them).

GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GamingVengeance
i wanna post this in SW but im not level 10 so itd just get locked
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SPYDER0416

I'll do it! I will take the thread into System Wars!

GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GamingVengeance

I'll do it! I will take the thread into System Wars!

SPYDER0416
thanks!!
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

That's kind of sweet, not going to lie. But EVE takes too long to play. I don't have that kind of time available anymore.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Holy Hell. If I had lots of free time I'd definitely be playing eve
Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
CFC and Co will probably win.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Wish I got into EVE at the start.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

sounds interesting srs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

War time is best time during EVE, many hours spent blowing people out of space and then getting nuked from all sides.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SPYDER0416

I wish someone would actually make a fun game with this kind of freedom and self sustaining economy and populace.

Imagine a game, with this kind of freedom, combined with the storytelling of The Old Republic (arguably the only truly great aspect of it), with the living quests of Guild Wars 2, and gameplay that isn't heavily reliant on hotkeys and basic MMO mechanics (like APB was able to do, and how Planetside will do as an MMOFPS, just fun gameplay I can have fun doing).

That game would probably have some gigantic budget attached to it though.

spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts

I wish someone would actually make a fun game with this kind of freedom and self sustaining economy and populace.

Imagine a game, with this kind of freedom, combined with the storytelling of The Old Republic (arguably the only truly great aspect of it), with the living quests of Guild Wars 2, and gameplay that isn't heavily reliant on hotkeys and basic MMO mechanics (like APB was able to do, and how Planetside will do as an MMOFPS, just fun gameplay I can have fun doing).

SPYDER0416
It sounds very good on paper for sure but imagine the time and money it'd take to make. Perhaps Blizzards Project Titan aims for something like that, we can only hope :P
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
I will be following this story till the end.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
All the more reason why EVE Online still is one of the most interesting games to have been produced. Godamn.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SPYDER0416

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

spittis

It sounds very good on paper for sure but imagine the time and money it'd take to make. Perhaps Blizzards Project Titan aims for something like that, we can only hope :P

Exactly, in this day and age with skyrocketing game development costs, its gettnig harder and harder to make nearly flawless titles that take risks and appease everyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
.. I really wish I could find some one that lived near me that played Eve so I could learn the ropes from them directly.. I always had been drawn to MMO's far more often if there are people I know that I am playing with.. Pretty much the reason why my time with WoW the most fun was with playing with regulars I knew in real life or played together for a long time in game..
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Too bad the gameplay is about as exciting as watching paint dry or an active SQL data sheet.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23904 Posts

And this is one of the reasons EVE online is so good. Argueably the best mmo out there, by far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

And this is one of the reasons EVE online is so good. Argueably the best mmo out there, by far.

Maroxad
On paper, this 00000.1% of the whole gameplay experiance?
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Too bad the gameplay is about as exciting as watching paint dry or an active SQL data sheet.

MBirdy88

Yes i know what you mean mbirdy..It can take days for one active spell or what ever they call it on eve..Played it once a long time ago was bored..Guess its a slow starting game more so than most mmorpgs..

Im hopeful some mmorpg will not try an clone wow..That formula is getting old with mmorpgs..Enjoyed star wars for what it was..How ever in the end i found myself with the best equipment an nothing else to do..In the end was only helping guildies get there own items, only because other people wouldnt help..Had rakata gear an every thing else..Even though im hearing 1.3 was released..Its still a wow clone..

Goin to give guild wars 2 a shot because if a free monthly sub..Im goin to see what elder scrolls online has to offer..Other than that there isnt much of mmorpg im lookin forward to now...Was interested in cornipricus..With studio 38 falling apart nothing interests me..Feel bad for curt schilling.His entire foturne was blown on reckoning..WIsh more of yall woudlve tried it was a fun game actually..Parts couldve been better yes..How ever for there first attempt it was a decent game..Glad some of them found jobs with epic..Will see what type of rpg they come out with..

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

SPYDER0416

Archeage looks sorta like that. Basically a fantasy sandbox MMORPG. Runs on CE3 as well.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

MBirdy88

Wars happen all over EVE every day. Right now I'm fighting 7 different wars at the same time and will be joining in the Delve fighting soon. Maybe wars of this size don't happen every day but wars are everywhere in the game and a LOT of fun.

http://www.evenews24.com/2012/06/28/view-delve-iv-how-did-it-come-to-this/

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23904 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

MBirdy88

Wars are being fought all the time.

Just not of this magnitude.

Even when you arent at war, EVE Online is a very immersive and enjoyable mmo anyway. Better than most of those banal, sleep inducing themeparks. EVE is not for everyone, but those who can get into it are in for a treat.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
All the more reason why EVE Online still is one of the most interesting games to have been produced. Godamn.skrat_01
Pretty much. The scale is simply...huge. That and the entirely realistic feel to it makes it so much better
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

MBirdy88

clearly you don't know about EvE online.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Prexxus

Wars happen all over EVE every day. Right now I'm fighting 7 different wars at the same time and will be joining in the Delve fighting soon. Maybe wars of this size don't happen every day but wars are everywhere in the game and a LOT of fun.

Im not debating that there are no wars. im debating for the first few months your just moving around at the speed of a snail doing mindless crap that is not worth doing. and then you just click on the enemy and change a few settings every now and then. The way the world works... brilliant, but the gameplay sucks..... build a full on x3 style space sim with the same universal concept and I would be all over it, not this click and watch borefest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Maroxad"]

lawlessx

clearly you don't know about EvE online.

Clearly because I spent around 40 hours watching a whole lot of nothing happen when I tried it, despite follow quick setup guides. NOT LIKING BORING GAMEPLAY ISNT NOT PLAYING A GAME.
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Prexxus
[QUOTE="Prexxus"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] On paper, this 00000.1% of the whole gameplay experiance?MBirdy88

Im not debating that there are no wars. im debating for the first few months your just moving around at the speed of a snail doing mindless crap that is not worth doing. and then you just click on the enemy and change a few settings every now and then. The way the world works... brilliant, but the gameplay sucks..... build a full on x3 style space sim with the same universal concept and I would be all over it, not this click and watch borefest.

In my first month of playing I was pirating and pvp'ing almost every day. Don't know why people say this about EVE. You can get into some serious action very early on and be successful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Prexxus"] Wars happen all over EVE every day. Right now I'm fighting 7 different wars at the same time and will be joining in the Delve fighting soon. Maybe wars of this size don't happen every day but wars are everywhere in the game and a LOT of fun.

Prexxus

In my first month of playing I was pirating and pvp'ing almost every day. Don't know why people say this about EVE. You can get into some serious action very early on and be successful.

Yes I know, take a little ship out and do your business, but the business is click, orbit someone and watch, which a change now and then. the underlying gameplay... sucks.... it what im saying, the core combat, the core traveling, the core grind, is by far the least active. I have no doubt that large battles are interesting, but come back to reality and dont pretend that an actually proper flight combat wouldnt make it 1000x better. I dont know about you, but im not satisified with the combat system, it is really lame. and dont get me starting on mining, if your not boting that, then you have no human soul.
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Prexxus

[QUOTE="Prexxus"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Im not debating that there are no wars. im debating for the first few months your just moving around at the speed of a snail doing mindless crap that is not worth doing. and then you just click on the enemy and change a few settings every now and then. The way the world works... brilliant, but the gameplay sucks..... build a full on x3 style space sim with the same universal concept and I would be all over it, not this click and watch borefest.MBirdy88

Yes I know, take a little ship out and do your business, but the business is click, orbit someone and watch, which a change now and then. the underlying gameplay... sucks.... it what im saying, the core combat, the core traveling, the core grind, is by far the least active. I have no doubt that large battles are interesting, but come back to reality and dont pretend that an actually proper flight combat wouldnt make it 1000x better. I dont know about you, but im not satisified with the combat system, it is really lame. and dont get me starting on mining, if your not boting that, then you have no human soul.

If the combat was more dogfighting like X it would NEVER work. Frigates would be able to destroy anything larger then a cruiser without a problem because you could just stick to their blind sides.

Here is a video explaining a "small" gang pvp fight. You'll see it's a lot more then just orbiting and watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMFahR4wXTg