Short story is my current laptop going on four years is kinda beat, keyboard stopped working so i'm using this old one where the keys are worn out, the USBs dont work on one side the Disk drive stopped working, i've had to replace the HDD twice! it has a tendency to overheat and simply crash when playing games.. The Battery doesn't hold a charge anymore so it's forever at 1% life. And the hardware inside it is awfully crap to play anything new on it.
So.. Been thinking about getting a new gaming laptop, the caveat would be it needs to be from Best buy as i applied for a store credit card.
This is my current laptop. As you can see the specs not so good, though i've been told the specs are good it's the GPU that is struggling because my CPU usage when playing game is fairly low but GPU and Disk usage is always maxed
But anyhow... I'm looking for a new one, and for the most part it has to be bestbuy due to the store card.
The one i'm eying for price wise is this one
ideally under 1000$ so 700-900$ price point would be. Doesn't have to be state of the art super computer, I'm not picky on screen size, worried 15.6 might be too small, but if it saves me some money i don't mind going down to that screensize if need be. Goals for a laptop would be
- Will allow me to stream on twitch and play.
- Doesn't need to be 4k, still happy with 1080p
- Can play the newer games that i can't run on my current hardware such as Warhammer II, Witcher 2 Vermintide 2 and anything newer too, there's a big backlog of pc games i want to play but can't due to hardware restrictions
- Gaming Laptop, not a desktop
- Somewhat of a investment (don't wanna have to upgrade again for a while)
Thankyou in advance and hopefully you can steer me in the right direction, i have bad judgment on PC hardware.