Laptop for Hackintosh and Gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (17706 posts) -

Before anyone says anything, I will OMIT those that say build a Desktop instead, because that will not help at all as this is for a classroom use and not a homework use. This is for my brother who is going to school for film in downtown Chicago. The school requires him to get a laptop for class and prefers him to get a Macbook Pro due to the heavy use of Final Cut Pro.

However, my brother is adamant about saving money and as much as he likes apple products, doesn't feel like spending so much for a Macbook Pro. Now, of course the laptop will be use for film editing and sound editing he also likes to play games. Most notably he wants to play Dark Souls II and indie titles as well as games that are more console multiplat. As for the film editing, he's looking for something that is Hackintosh compatible and should be able to run Final Cut Pro at ease. He's looking to spend around $1000-1600

#2 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (23484 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Before anyone says anything, I will OMIT those that say build a Desktop instead, because that will not help at all as this is for a classroom use and not a homework use. This is for my brother who is going to school for film in downtown Chicago. The school requires him to get a laptop for class and prefers him to get a Macbook Pro due to the heavy use of Final Cut Pro.

However, my brother is adamant about saving money and as much as he likes apple products, doesn't feel like spending so much for a Macbook Pro. Now, of course the laptop will be use for film editing and sound editing he also likes to play games. Most notably he wants to play Dark Souls II and indie titles as well as games that are more console multiplat. As for the film editing, he's looking for something that is Hackintosh compatible and should be able to run Final Cut Pro at ease. He's looking to spend around $1000-1600

Not a good idea to talk about illegal stuff here according to the forum rules. Anyway, you'll need to pony up for a real Mac because of the constant updates Apple pushes out. They tend to leave behind non-current and illegal OSX versions. Not something you want to happen in class.

#3 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (3117 posts) -

STAY AWAY FROM APPLE. NO MATTER WHAT. Best advice ever. They will release updates to slow down your systems performance without you knowing.