KOTOR MMO to kill WoW?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiNut6493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 WiiNut6493
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts
I cant wait for the new KOTOR game. it will be awesome and i think that it has the potential to ram a lightsaber through the ragnok that is WoW. does anyone else belive that this game might actually kill WoW?
Noldorin2646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Noldorin2646
Member since 2007 • 641 Posts
Nothing. Read that, nothing will kill WoW, not even the next Blizzard MMO itself can kill World of WarCraft, and seriously, why does everybody want to see WoW killed? I haven't even played it other than the 10 day trial, and I already realize that this is the defining game of the decade. I want to see competition, but I don't want to see WoW fail.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
No.
adrake4183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 adrake4183
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts
First it was Lord of the Rings that would kill WOW. Then it was Age of Conan. Then it was Warhammer. WOW isn't going anywhere. Personally I don't like the game but its good for the pc gaming community.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Considering 10 million people don't want a KOTOR MMO - I would say NO!
RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts
SW:TOR will have a great following, and I will be playing it. But lets be serious, WoW is going to be around for a long time. I wouldnt be surprised if WoW is still around 20 years from now. Not that this is a bad thing, WoW is by far the best MMO that has came out for a long time IMO, and the numbers back that opinion up.
visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#7 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts
I don't see WOW dieing out anytime soon. Pretty sure people will still be playing it 10 years from now.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I doubt anything will single ahndidly kill WOW, unless its another WOW game with similair specs.

There are just so many people palying wow who love it and who are on average computers.

blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts
1 game will ever Kill WoW. The day WoW dies is when Blizzard stops supporting it...
Zorlac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Zorlac
Member since 2004 • 1511 Posts
I hope it's a successful game, but kill wow? Not even a chance.
IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
10 million ppl. 10 MILLION f'ing ppl. there is NO way that any game, including a KOTOR MMO, could possibly beat down 10 million fans of the game. TOR will appeal to a much smaller base of ppl unfortunately, that aren't so much MMO fans as RPG fans, and there are much fewer of the latter than the former in my experience. Or maybe i'm wrong. Who knows.
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

SW:TOR will have a great following, and I will be playing it. But lets be serious, WoW is going to be around for a long time. I wouldnt be surprised if WoW is still around 20 years from now. Not that this is a bad thing, WoW is by far the best MMO that has came out for a long time IMO, and the numbers back that opinion up.RossRichard

20 years?? seriously WOW would be like the "undead" monster by then, people are  so going to make fun of WOW players.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
WoW is a monster. Not even Blizzard will be able to kill WoW. If they take down the WoW servers, WoW addicts will for once get up from their basement homes and seek out and destroy Blizzard headquarters with *insert WoW terminology here*.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

I cant wait for the new KOTOR game. it will be awesome and i think that it has the potential to ram a lightsaber through the ragnok that is WoW. does anyone else belive that this game might actually kill WoW?WiiNut6493

Not a chance in hell.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
[QUOTE="WiiNut6493"] I cant wait for the new KOTOR game. it will be awesome and i think that it has the potential to ram a lightsaber through the ragnok that is WoW. does anyone else belive that this game might actually kill WoW?Johnny_Rock

Not a chance in hell.

Lucasarts could pay people to play the game and they still wouldn't be able to match the numbers of WoW.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Considering 10 million people don't want a KOTOR MMO - I would say NO!biggest_loser
Just because they play WoW doesnt meant they DONT want to play The Old Republic. I play WoW and cant wait to preorder the new Star Wars MMO. As for the post...it wont kill WoW, but it WILL be the first one to give it a run for it's money. I never believed LOTRO, War or AoC would even affect WoW.
blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts
I don't believe this will give it a run for its money either. I never though tany of them will and this won't make any difference.
_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts
WoW will never die. Nothing will ever be able to bring it down.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Kill WoW? I don't think so.
henrynarits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 henrynarits
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
no, but it will be good game
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Just like Age of Conan, Lord of the Rings and Warhammer? Yeah, right.
sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sandeep410
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts
Doesnt ragnarok has bigger base considering the fact that they have servers in a heck lot of countrys
-Chernuska-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 -Chernuska-
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts
Hi, This will not kill WoW. I think not one MMorpg will do that. To be honest i dont,t like WoW never tryed it because its a fantasy setting. But alot of friends play this afther the SWG NGE release. The problem is that WoW didn,t brought anything new. EQ, SWG, AO, DoC had done this already even with alot more options. But Blizzard made a great advertisement for WoW and the setting was already famous from a WC RTS game and the time of release was perfect(MMorpg was something new for alot of peeps). Now alot of peeps play this game and made a full toon and will never leave for another game even if that will be better. My friends are telling me its like smoking a sig. You dont like it but cant stop playing. When Blizzard had choose for a Starcraft setting the result was the same because Starcraft was a great RTS.
artistry_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 artistry_
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

KOTOR MMO looks to be interesting and might even be a good game .. but it remains to be seen if it's to be great .. and in that regard it will fall short of budging WoW out its astronomical orbit.

Here's to hoping BioWare makes it worth playing all the same. :)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58527 Posts

This game will fail if it tries to be or beat WoW.

It needs to be content with maybe a few hundred thousand players initially, then see where it can go from there.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58527 Posts

KOTOR MMO looks to be interesting and might even be a good game .. but it remains to be seen if it's to be great .. and in that regard it will fall short of budging WoW out its astronomical orbit.

Here's to hoping BioWare makes it worth playing all the same. :)

artistry_

amen to that!

if its a good game, players will come. You think Blizzard sold their souls to get millions of subscribers? No, WoW is a damn good game made by a damn good company.

Bioware is just as good imo, so bring it on I am looking forward to it.

r1m1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 r1m1k1
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Considering 10 million people don't want a KOTOR MMO - I would say NO!FelipeInside
Just because they play WoW doesnt meant they DONT want to play The Old Republic. I play WoW and cant wait to preorder the new Star Wars MMO. As for the post...it wont kill WoW, but it WILL be the first one to give it a run for it's money. I never believed LOTRO, War or AoC would even affect WoW.

I believe that the Lord of the Rings Universe has a much bigger fanbase as the KOTOR Universe. The Warhammer franchise has a lot of fans as well. Both Mythic and Turbine are keeping up the game well, ironing out the glitches and coming out with new content. Age of Conan was trash, Funcom is an amateur company. Neither Warhammer or Lord of the Rings gave WoW a run for its money so why should KOTOR? Granted, it will probably be a great game, but not as good as Mythic or Turbine's production. Bioware hasn't had any MMO experience before, and although they have tons of RPGs in their pocket, MMO's are a whole new ball game. Bioware will be in their experimental stage with this one. Nothing will kill WoW, ever. Like someone said, even Blizzard can't kill WoW because if they do, then all their fans would rebel and boycott them. This is a game that will keep going, and going, and going. I just hope this won't go the way Galaxies did... Bioware is much smarter then SOE but I doubt they have same amount of resources.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts

its not gonna kill wow, wow brought mmo gaming to a mainstream, but wow will not be able to compete with "the old republic"  if bioware utilizes even only half of the potential here.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Considering 10 million people don't want a KOTOR MMO - I would say NO!r1m1k1

I believe that the Lord of the Rings Universe has a much bigger fanbase as the KOTOR Universe. The Warhammer franchise has a lot of fans as well. Both Mythic and Turbine are keeping up the game well, ironing out the glitches and coming out with new content. Age of Conan was trash, Funcom is an amateur company. Neither Warhammer or Lord of the Rings gave WoW a run for its money so why should KOTOR? Granted, it will probably be a great game, but not as good as Mythic or Turbine's production. Bioware hasn't had any MMO experience before, and although they have tons of RPGs in their pocket, MMO's are a whole new ball game. Bioware will be in their experimental stage with this one. Nothing will kill WoW, ever. Like someone said, even Blizzard can't kill WoW because if they do, then all their fans would rebel and boycott them. This is a game that will keep going, and going, and going. I just hope this won't go the way Galaxies did... Bioware is much smarter then SOE but I doubt they have same amount of resources.

kotor or lotr, is debateble.

star wars or lotr .... star wars hands down.

Peltz999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Peltz999
Member since 2003 • 153 Posts
No, it will not dethrone Warcraft but it will probably drive alot of other mmo's into the ground.
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#32 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
Nope. But, it sounds like it will be a pretty awesome game.
vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

I see the Kotor franchise being compared to the WarCraft one and I ask you, Bioware, how did it come to this?

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

I see the Kotor franchise being compared to the WarCraft one and I ask you, Bioware, how did it come to this?

vlin1108
when you called it the "Kotor" franchise instead of the Star Wars one.
vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
[QUOTE="vlin1108"]

Hewkii

when you called it the "Kotor" franchise instead of the Star Wars one.

I call it that because I am referring to games set in a different SW time period; The Star Wars franchise as a whole includes a number of crappy video games not worth mentioning.

Your answer is out of place, really. This has very little to do with what I was saying.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

I cant wait for the new KOTOR game. it will be awesome and i think that it has the potential to ram a lightsaber through the ragnok that is WoW. does anyone else belive that this game might actually kill WoW?WiiNut6493

WTF is a ragnok???

does anyone else belive that this game might actually kill WoW?WiiNut6493

Personally I could care less.

rik666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rik666
Member since 2005 • 488 Posts
WoW cannot be "killed" stop looking, you'll only be disapointed. Only time, and i mean, years, will let wow slowly die, it will of course be interesting to see the next mmo that over takes wow's subscriptions. But thats years from now. However, KOTOR? I mean i'd like it, but i don't think the market is out there (mass) that it could appeal to. Sci - Fi isn't as "cool" as medieval, i think it would get associated nerd press or whatever, which is a shame, but it will certinatley not "kill" WoW.
EdVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 EdVader
Member since 2005 • 1025 Posts
WoW honestly has gotten to the point where it will not die. As an avid hater of WoW and Warhammer player, I respect it. It is a game that has revolutionized the genre and honestly the only way it would ever go down south is if Blizzard took all the servers offline but there are already way too many players and each one of them is telling their friends about it, and then they tell their friends. This game is going to be around for a very, very long time.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
IMO the only game that will truely kill wow is blizzards new MMO.. this because itll have a better engine, better graphics.. exc... but if it is.. as i hope.. catered twards more hardcore gamers.. and wow as it is now.. catering more and more to casuals.. then i wont mind if the new blizz mmo dosnt do bttr than wow.. ill still play it other than that i think the fallout mmo will do great and while not kill wow, give it a good run for its money.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#40 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Nothing will kill WoW
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
No it won't. But hopefully it will be awesome. :)
Drosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Drosa
Member since 2004 • 3136 Posts
I hope it does. I really do. World of Warcraft is too much like work. I still can't figure out why I played for so long.
Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jodan77
Member since 2005 • 2567 Posts

I don't see WoW Going anywhere after Lich King sales.

Which reminds me, I still haven't gotten my Copy of Lich King. :P

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

I call it that because I am referring to games set in a different SW time period; The Star Wars franchise as a whole includes a number of crappy video games not worth mentioning.

vlin1108
and Rocky I-IV + Balboa are good movies.