Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - DLC Weapons & Armor Bundle

This topic is locked from further discussion.

merigoldsass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 merigoldsass
Member since 2011 • 575 Posts

I noticed there is already DLC on Steam for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It is called Weapons & Armor Bundle and costs $4.99. I guess they did not follow on CD Projekt's footsteps. I have a few questions about the DLC.

1. If I buy the physical retail game how do I obtain the DLC?

2. If I buy the Amazon download version of the game where ow do I obtain the DLC?

3. Compared to what exists in Reckoning is this DLC worth buying?

4. Even on the hardest difficulty settings is Reckoning easy? What other game would you compare the combat and difficulty to?

Avatar image for TheGreatPhoenix
TheGreatPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 TheGreatPhoenix
Member since 2004 • 93 Posts

I noticed there is already DLC on Steam for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It is called Weapons & Armor Bundle and costs $4.99. I guess they did not follow on CD Projekt's footsteps. I have a few questions about the DLC.

1. If I buy the physical retail game how do I obtain the DLC?

2. If I buy the Amazon download version of the game where ow do I obtain the DLC?

3. Compared to what exists in Reckoning is this DLC worth buying?

4. Even on the hardest difficulty settings is Reckoning easy? What other game would you compare the combat and difficulty to?

merigoldsass

so far it only seems availible from steam and origin ( for pc anyway), and it'll stay that way until they found a way they feel is safe to sell it.

wether or not it stacks up, wel it pretty much eliminates the need for armor in early game. its not endgame gear.

having said that, you could wear it till endgame since the game is rather easy, with magic being as powerfull as it is, evasive moves being so commen, the overpowerd fate state, etc. playing this on hard is way to easy. and the early gear makes it ridiciously more so.

I personally compare this game to fable in every respect. including difficulty. having said that, Fable is way to easy as well

Walincas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Walincas
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

If you played other RPG's you will probably think Amalur is pretty easy, atm. im actually grinding through the "great combat" to finish the story and shelve the game.

As the poster above me said, the few times you could get into a little trouble, you just press on godmode/fate and it's back to being insanely easy again.

Im playing as mage, and since I took a skill, I can oneshot most things in the game, some need a twoshot and bosses a little more - it's so easy I contemplated respeccing into a warrior, to see if it would help on the grinding issue.

There is absolutely no idea or reason, for that matter to get this DLC, it's a pure milking the cow action and honestly makes me disrespect BHG a little..

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#4 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Combat is very good and not much like Fable, I would honestly comapre the combat more to Witcher2 then Fable. Reckoning really is the game Fable1/2/3 should have been, they look similair but thats where the similair things end imo. The amount of loot,etc.. also reminds me of Diablo2/Titans Quest a bit.

As for the DLC I have no idea, I thought that was just the stuff that people who preordered got?

Its nto a super tough game but I would not call it really easy either. If your not getting a challenge then pump up the difficulty.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Why would you pay for extra stuff that has been purposefully left out of the game?