Just got banned today on WoW.

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blitzkrieg05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blitzkrieg05
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts

So yea. I started playing WoW about 2 months ago. I managed to get my undead priest up to a 39. I used the UI mods like Auctioneer and Cartographer just to help me out along the way with co-ords and to find stuff easier at the auction. Other than that i haven't done anything else that could fall under a reasonable offence to receive a permaban. I didn't get a warning that I might have been using something that Blizzard didn't approve mainly because blizzard allows those types of mods in their game I wont lie, I am a complete noob at world of warcraft but I made sure that these were allowed in the game and I know many people that use these same mods. But somehow today I get an email that says.

Notice of Account Closure
Access to the World of Warcraft account ___, and any World of Warcraft account associated with the payment information you have provided, has been permanently disabled.  The account has been identified as having used unauthorized game modifications and thus is in violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use.  The recurring subscription on the account has been disabled to prevent further charges.

Please review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use at  which you accepted when you installed World of Warcraft and established the account(s).  Section 4, Paragraphs A and B detail the limitations of game play modifications and use of any third-party or “packet sniffing” software.

Furthermore, any activities not intended by game design which affect the economy, the client, player characters or the world itself have a tremendous negative impact on the potential enjoyment for all players.  The effects of these activities take many forms including a bloated game economy, server instability, and allowing unauthorized access to accounts, computers, and player data.

As a result, the account(s) will no longer be accessible and will unfortunately not be reopened under any circumstances.

Any disputes or questions concerning this account action can only be addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at

you for your understanding in this matter and respecting our position and all statutes within the World of Warcraft Terms of Use.

Regards,

Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment

For one I did nothing to harm anyone in the game. I didn't do anything of what they listed in the part I highlighted red. And if you go to the forums and even to the better business bureau site there are a lot of complaints on the same problem. The game masters say that they stand behind all of their bans but I see how glitchy some of their stuff can be so it makes me wonder if there isn't something wrong with their system. So until they respond to me with one of those emails which will probably just be a dead end and blame me for all the problems all I can do is just sit here and wonder what I could have possibly done to receive a permaban.

I mean if they would have given me a warning and  continued to do something and I knew about it, I guess I would understand. But they didn't do anything like that. They just ban you and laugh that they just got your money and hope you'll go buy it again so they can swindle you even more.

By the way if you can't tell, I'm in a bad mood about the situation. Kinda sucks when you spend almost 100 bucks on a game just to have them ban you without letting you know they might have a problem with something that I was unaware of. Its not like I was modding like Halo 2 or something. These didnt help me, except to let me mark certain spots on the map and give me the best price to sell stuff for at auctions.

I really hope that I can somehow get my character back.

19wanting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 19wanting
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

your story makes me want get the game wow, i wanna be banned too.

You can make a new account name. So your money aint lost.

Avatar image for Rockin_MixMasta
Rockin_MixMasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rockin_MixMasta
Member since 2004 • 3427 Posts
It would cost the box price + expansion (if he had it) + he would need to start from the beginning. If he wanted to go back to WoW.
Blitzkrieg05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blitzkrieg05

your story makes me want get the game wow, i wanna be banned too.

You can make a new account name. So your money aint lost.

19wanting

Its not that easy. Youd have to go buy the box again to get a key which is 20 bucks. Not to mention all the wasted time. And yea. I had the expansion.

flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
dont use modification programs, ha
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
that sucks
Blitzkrieg05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blitzkrieg05

dont use modification programs, haflclempire

I hate to tell you but almost everyone I know that plays this game. Including my friends, guild and other people Ive met thru where I work that Ive talked to about WoW. Use mods such as a co-ordinate mod. If you've never played this game dont come in here just to say something stupid like that. And if you are going to say something like that at least expand on it and try to sound intelligent. And yes. I do realize that if I played the game without any modifications whatsoever I'd be fine. but these were approved mods. Or mods that fit within blizzards specs. So this is why I dont get it.

Avatar image for rushthatspeaks2
rushthatspeaks2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rushthatspeaks2
Member since 2005 • 111 Posts

NO offense but they dont just ban people for using Blizzard approved mods. EIther you left out a mod you're using or one of the mods you mentioned is not allowed by WoW.

I think the cartographer mod is now not allowed in WoW not positive though.

Myriddan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Myriddan
Member since 2004 • 198 Posts
You should talk to support and get a further explanation if you didn't violate the TOS. If you did and didn't know it they may let you reinstate your account as long as you don't use the mod that caused the problem.
edubb85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 edubb85
Member since 2003 • 399 Posts

Sounds like you need to send a message to Account Administration. I feel your pain and i would be pissed also after spending all that money on this over priced game. I never really knew which mods were allowed so i never messed with them myself, but wanted to. I would just imagine bot mods are very unwelcomed in WoW.

Guggu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Guggu
Member since 2004 • 300 Posts
Well, WoW is a game of simplicity. It's a very easy game, and just about everyone can play it, due to it's ease-of-use and low system requirements.

Still, though. Players of WoW simplifies the game even more by using mods. I happen to agree that if you have not violated the TOS, you should not have been banned. However, Blizzard are really dumb, in my opinion, to even allow mods to be used in the first place. It's obvious that people would not just only mod the UI of the game. I bet that was what it was for in the first place.

Most people are whining about WoW being a very easy game..but yes, it will get even easier if you're using mods that can assist you in combat-situations. Like, auto-target, auto-announce.. I haven't played WoW for 2 years now, so not sure if Blizzard have changed their mind and are against mods like auto-heal and decursive?

Anyhow, anything that is not related to give you an advantage over other players in general, is not violating the TOS, and therefore you should not have been banned.

Well, Blizzard are very bad at banning the "right" people. The Diablo and Warcraft series proved that.
cristianmad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cristianmad
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I am playing WOW for about 28 months now. I am using all kinds of addons (from gamecurse, ui.worldofwar, ..etc) including auctioneer, cartographer and many many other. I am prety confident at least half the population from my server uses auctioneer and cartographer. I am sorry you got banned, but I am sure it wasn't for these 2 addons.

There are alot of reasons for getting a permanent bann: buying gold for money (or advertising it), using 3rd party applications for "auto farming", etc.
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

NO offense but they dont just ban people for using Blizzard approved mods. EIther you left out a mod you're using or one of the mods you mentioned is not allowed by WoW.

rushthatspeaks2

I highly doubt Cartographer is now not aloud. I was using it before I quit WoW about 2 weeks back. If they did ban it, I think they would either send out alot of notices first, or send a warning to the user. It would be stupid to ban someone for using a mod that they had recently banned without informing them it was not aloud anymore.

Either way, if I return to my 70 Warrior some day, I will remove it to be safe.
Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts

[QUOTE="flclempire"]dont use modification programs, haBlitzkrieg05

I hate to tell you but almost everyone I know that plays this game. Including my friends, guild and other people Ive met thru where I work that Ive talked to about WoW. Use mods such as a co-ordinate mod. If you've never played this game dont come in here just to say something stupid like that. And if you are going to say something like that at least expand on it and try to sound intelligent. And yes. I do realize that if I played the game without any modifications whatsoever I'd be fine. but these were approved mods. Or mods that fit within blizzards specs. So this is why I dont get it.

Yeah, I didn't know a single player that didn't use mods. Hell, there are mod disscussions on wows official forum all the time. As long as you're not botting you're fine.

shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts

Dear Topic Creator:

I hope you will take this as a sign.   Trust me on this, Blizzard just did you a favor.  With in a year or 2 ( like me ) you would have suddenly realized one day...... "wow ! what have I been doing with my life all this time ? "  And then come to the sad realization that you had spent about $150-$200 on a game, and you had NOTHING to show for it, other than a game character that has a large e-penis of L33t gear.  

This game took away a year and a half of my life, and I so wish I had that time back.  After dealing with all the frustrations of the game, and the gold farmers runing the economy on almost every realm......

Trust me they did you a favor.....     As for your lost money and spent time so far.... It sucks and I feel for you. 

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
Congrats! Contact Blizzard and argue your case.
D3RV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 D3RV
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts
Woah man, very unlucky.

1st of all to clarify about 90% of everyone who plays World of Warcraft uses mods. I've been playing for over 2 years and throughout my time I've used a crapload of them. I tend to use alot less now since every major patch comes out you have to update your mods and whatnot and it all becomes abit much to update on a regular basis.
Mods are used for various reasons whether it be changing the amount of buttons and abilities you can show on screen to make your life easier in and out of combat, to something functional like a mod that shows the auction house price of certain items, or simply a mod that makes your interface look pretty. There are hundreds if not thousands of mods that blizzard allow and unless they directly 'bot' or pretty much do things that a human cannot, they are fair game.

To simply get perma-banned all of a sudden for using a mod that you weren't sure you were using is odd but I'm sure its happened to other players too. You never know your account may have been hacked and someone may have botted with it. I have no idea man but it seems extremely unlucky and you should follow it up to see which mod was the culpret. Furthermore all the mods you listed I don't personally use, but know a few people who do and all seem perfectly legal.

Hope everything goes well with you buddy, update us all on the followup :)
secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 secondomen
Member since 2003 • 885 Posts
Think of it this way...your saving yourself alot of time to play other games now.
AmmonMoley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AmmonMoley
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts

That sucks.  Yes, please let us know what happens with this.  I use Auctioneer myself and I'd hate to have put up a lot of money to play only to get banned for using a mod like that to help me figure out the best price for an item.  I've only been playing a short time, but I wouldn't want all that work to go to waste.  As another poster said earlier, maybe you should contact the Bliz account staff and find out the details.

Now, I know for a fact that I've been sent mail twice in the last week or so by lvl1 characters that are just advertizements for someone who wants to sell in game gold for real $$ and offering power leveling services.  I know that is illegal and I deleted the messages, but I also thought to report them to Bliz to let them know it's being done.  I didn't only because I didn't want them to think I might be thinking of using this type of service to get ahead.  I would never do that, and anyone who is out there using them is really pathetic to spend real money on non-existant gold.  They are also a sad case if they don't want to spend the time and energy themselves to level their own character.  Anyway, I just hope that you haven't in some way become associated with one of these groups.  Every time I see one of these messages, that is the chill that runs down my spine... being mistakenly associated with those people only because I got a message from one of them.

Good luck, man.  I hope you get this worked out.

corban321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 corban321
Member since 2004 • 574 Posts
Congratulations. Now you can finally go outside.
P_unit_131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 P_unit_131
Member since 2004 • 489 Posts

I hate to tell you but almost everyone I know that plays this game. Including my friends, guild and other people Ive met thru where I work that Ive talked to about WoW. Use mods such as a co-ordinate mod. If you've never played this game dont come in here just to say something stupid like that. And if you are going to say something like that at least expand on it and try to sound intelligent. And yes. I do realize that if I played the game without any modifications whatsoever I'd be fine. but these were approved mods. Or mods that fit within blizzards specs. So this is why I dont get it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU SHOULD never EVER use mods gawd dumbie everyone i know doesnt use mods i say if you were tarded enough to use them you deserve a PERMABAN
Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts

Blizzard install a program on your PC to check all your .exe that are running.

Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts
[QUOTE="Blitzkrieg05"]

[QUOTE="flclempire"]dont use modification programs, haP_unit_131

I hate to tell you but almost everyone I know that plays this game. Including my friends, guild and other people Ive met thru where I work that Ive talked to about WoW. Use mods such as a co-ordinate mod. If you've never played this game dont come in here just to say something stupid like that. And if you are going to say something like that at least expand on it and try to sound intelligent. And yes. I do realize that if I played the game without any modifications whatsoever I'd be fine. but these were approved mods. Or mods that fit within blizzards specs. So this is why I dont get it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU SHOULD never EVER use mods gawd dumbie everyone i know doesnt use mods i say if you were tarded enough to use them you deserve a PERMABAN

Blizzard allow UImods as many mmorpgs do and give you open access to create them. Go to warcraftmovies and see if any great players don't use them.... because they dont.

Jahshua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jahshua
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Man, That sucks.

At least there are two, maybe three, other MMO's coming out this year that are gonna blow WoW out of the water. Just contribute back to Blizzard by buying a diffrent game. I have a feeling once Warhammer and Age of Conan come out, WoW is gonna lose about 1/4 or even half of its community. Which in that case would be a bad thing, cause most of WoW's community is a bunch of immature jerks. Give us a follow up.
rsylvester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 rsylvester
Member since 2002 • 53 Posts
Blitzkrieg 05 - Don't waste your time responding to a dope like flclempire, he's probably just a twelve year old idiot that goes into every forum with the intent to offend. I say screw WoW and pick up a copy of Guild Wars...at least there's no monthly fee. It would seem that Blizzard has become so huge and bloated that it has lost touch with its clientele, like so many big companies. They'll be paying for it down the road.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I got the game a few weeks back, decided it was best not to try any mods for the UI just incase, lucky I didnt download any. Wasnt going to anyway, I like the normal UI and dont know how to install a mod in the first place.
Avatar image for Rockin_MixMasta
Rockin_MixMasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rockin_MixMasta
Member since 2004 • 3427 Posts
Use mods that you know won't cause a disruption. That's why sites like cursedgaming are so great, they allow comments to review mods.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
When I was playing WoW I at first shunned mods due to the fact that I did not know how they worked or just plain how to use them. When I found some that really helped me out, I must have had 47.5 mb worth of mods on me at one time: It always took a while to load the game from the character screen and I lagged in game as well. So I started thinking about removing them. Then one day, on my realm's forum, some guy posts how he got banned from the game for allegedly using a secret program which he insisted was not secret and that other people had it (he even gave names). After that I just said to hell with this, and deleted all mods. Moral of the story = Blizzard is extremely picky about what mods it allows to be run on your game and which ones it doesn't allow. To go on the safe side, use as little mods as possible.
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
Let me guess you downloaded one of the many bots or client altering cheats? Blizzard knows when you cheat. They just don't go around banning people for no reason.
firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts
i say that's a good thing, WoW is tediously boring. I played it once..............for about 5 minutes. I'd rather play Oblivion with the tard AI.
OceanLeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OceanLeet
Member since 2007 • 938 Posts

I don't use mods.  I've never been banned.  Better safe than sorry.  *giggles*
Laza-rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Laza-rus
Member since 2002 • 1386 Posts

rushthatspeaks2
Agreed. Blizzard has had strict and efficient online checks in place since Battle.net was in its infancy. They know what they are doing and don't arbitrarily ban people for using mods. During the three months I played WoW (before becoming utterly bored with it), I sampled every popular mod out there without so much as a warning. I agree you should get someone on the phone or through email to let you know which mod was the cause of your ban.
Blitzkrieg05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Blitzkrieg05

Let me guess you downloaded one of the many bots or client altering cheats? Blizzard knows when you cheat. They just don't go around banning people for no reason.
EndersAres

I hate to tell you this but I didnt use any bots or galdfarming crap or whatever you happen to be talking about. And I can guarantee you that when a company doesnt deal with each person and talk to them. But instead just has a mass banning once a month, there are some inocent people out there that get ran over. What I found interesting is that they have a 1-800 number for their credit card line so you can freely call them to renew your acount to give them even more money.

BUT. All they have to be able to talk to someone about your account is a long distance number. Yea... Shows how much they care...

Blitzkrieg05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blitzkrieg05
Also. I noticed that I never updated the old mods after a patch came out. I don't know if that could have something to do with it. Maybe so. I noticed people said to update your mods.  I didn't. O yea. I used a CT_Mod. Which was also a safe mod. I ended up taking it off tho after a patch cause it to act strange. Ex. I wouldnt let me see characters that were in my group on my HUD. So I took that one off. but that was over 2 weeks ago that I removed it.
Blitzkrieg05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blitzkrieg05

Maybe they think I did do somethign and I did have something on there I didnt know was bad. I just wish I would have been notified first. I mean It'd be nice to have a warning if I was doing something I didnt know was wrong. Im just trying to figure out why I got banned. Now my auctioneer did come with a few extras in it. Anybody ever heard of bean counter or know what it does? I had that. Also I had something on there called Bottom Scanner. No clue what it did but Im guessing it was alowed. Maybe it wasn't. I dont know. Guess I should have researched more into it. Idk.... Stupid game. If they would have just had a co-ordinates thing already on the map I wouldnt have got into this whole modding thing anyway. Altho I have to admit. I did like auctioneer.

jollyriot2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jollyriot2k1
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts
For those not so familiar with the game, I'm going to differentiate something here.

There is a subcategory of mods, interface mods, which are perfectly legal within the game, and blizzard actively encourage the use and development of them. The mods the OP admitted to using fall into interface mods.

Any other mod goes in and modifies core properties of the game like models, the speed the game runs at, raw game hacks that teleport you around etc. These are all illegal.

Now blitz, the ban you recieved happens when the warden program picks up a cheat. It had nothing to do with any UI mod. I don't suppose you used any texture/model replacers to make your sword-of-noob look cool? Because that is bannable and people get caught out by it.

There probably wasn't a mistake, if you've not used any teleport cheat or speed hack or fishbot etc, then somebody else has used your account. Did you ever share your info with a friend, when was the last time you checked for viruses etc.

People get banned relatively often, and fail to put the pieces together as to why. An example is how a friend got banned whilst he was on holiday for being involved in gold selling. After talking to him for a while we figured out that a friend who had his info had probably bought gold, using my mate's account for safety. In the process he got banned.

When you get banned without a warning, something serious has happened whilst somebody is using your account basically.

Edit: Btw, auctioneer, cartographer etc did NOT get you banned. Blizzard's policy on interface mods is that if you can code it, it's legal - with the 1 exception of faction to faction communication. If they hate a mod so much, they change the code which can be used to make mods, effectively breaking them.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
That's what happens when they make an ui that can be modded. Some bloke will install this "super smart" mod all in good faith, yet it turns out that Blizzard has blacklisted this mod (and never told anyone about it) so the poor bloke gets banned. I can see at least 3 things wrong with this scenario all pointing towards Blizzard.
Vendead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Vendead
Member since 2006 • 368 Posts
well they have A lot of people play the game so i think that they won't just send everyone warnings, its just easier to ban them. 

Also it in the contract and it doesn't matter what you do in the game if u violate the contract then they have every right even though ur not hurting anyone.

Guggu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Guggu
Member since 2004 • 300 Posts
[QUOTE="EndersAres"]Let me guess you downloaded one of the many bots or client altering cheats? Blizzard knows when you cheat. They just don't go around banning people for no reason.

Oh, really? Ever played Diablo 2, Warcraft III? Do you know how many people got banned for no reason? When it later turned out it was a specific ISP-problem that battle.net took for a packet-sniffer? Noone got their account back either. :P

Anyways, It's not like Blizzard is manually checking up on you.. they let some programs automatically assemble a list of processes and files running in the background. And usually, those programs assemble fake-lists.

As it's thousands of lines of text, it would take too long to read through it all, so therefore, the "Executioneer" aka Blizzard-employee,  always makes an evil laugh when he presses the "BAN ALL" button.  :(
tantalus4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tantalus4
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
it sucks to be you
Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts
[QUOTE="Blitzkrieg05"]

[QUOTE="flclempire"]dont use modification programs, haP_unit_131

Aren't you the smart one.....

Blizzard allows ALL mods called UI mods which operate within the game itself, that is, do not run as a seperate executable or program. Also, if your friends don't use any mods they must either be not very good or not be in a raiding guild. Some mods are pretty much essential nowadays and most just make your gaming experience more pleasurable.

Lastly, see how easy it is to read things when you spend a little time actually spelling words correctly. Give it a try sometime
Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#43 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts
Not to mention that if mods weren't allowed, why does blizz have a menu to select what mods you want active on the games startup screen? That alone should be enough to convince anyone that blizz doesn't mind (UI) mods.
brain20035

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#44 brain20035
Member since 2004 • 2042 Posts
this is sooooo not cool!!
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="Guggu"][QUOTE="EndersAres"]Let me guess you downloaded one of the many bots or client altering cheats? Blizzard knows when you cheat. They just don't go around banning people for no reason.

Oh, really? Ever played Diablo 2, Warcraft III? Do you know how many people got banned for no reason? When it later turned out it was a specific ISP-problem that battle.net took for a packet-sniffer? Noone got their account back either. :P

Anyways, It's not like Blizzard is manually checking up on you.. they let some programs automatically assemble a list of processes and files running in the background. And usually, those programs assemble fake-lists.

As it's thousands of lines of text, it would take too long to read through it all, so therefore, the "Executioneer" aka Blizzard-employee,  always makes an evil laugh when he presses the "BAN ALL" button.  :(

Honestly, I don't have much faith in people. I'm pretty sure mistakes are made, but I'm also pretty sure a huge chunk of people will say or make up whatever they want to when they know they've screwed up, especially with Penny Arcade's "normal person + anonymity = raging jackass" equation. It's easy to sound like the good guy when you're the only person presenting your side. Put it this way. If the police officer wasn't there to argue the city's side of the case on traffic tickets and it was just up ot us to argue our case alone, how many people would actually be honest? How many tickets would stick? Would everybody tell themselves 'yeah, I deserved that' and eat $200? As it is, if the officer isn't there they don't even bother trying. I've watched people cheating in a game here. A couple guys come over and watch, laugh about it, and slap him with the ban stick. Afterward, they always protest their innocence, probably not realizing there was a half-dozen people watching him cheat, and those same half-dozen smacked him down for it and are now listening to him talk about how he would never use anything like that. It's hilarious, and depressing at the same time. I mean hell.. in terms of Battle.net and D2, maphacking was fairly universal, even if only used for Meph farming. I participated in a community that made a point of not using it or any other non-legit program.. out of a couple thousand members, we never had any cases of unintentional or accidental bans while interacting with the DII.net community that had a similar proportion of members, but many more angry people with lost accounts.
fearless_RTSer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fearless_RTSer
Member since 2006 • 170 Posts

so you get banned for using game mods and come here to complain to us? sad sad sad

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

so you get banned for using game mods and come here to complain to us? sad sad sad

fearless_RTSer
WoW in particular is a very heavily modded game, with Blizzard's blessing - i'm pretty sure it's more than 9/10 people that use some sort of UI mod in the game.
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BloodMist
Member since 2002 • 32920 Posts
Hey, if you didn't really do anything wrong, and they banned you anyway, screw em.They're not getting your money anymore, and if that's what happened, so what?Nothin you can do about it.
fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fm_coyote
Member since 2003 • 952 Posts

Furthermore, any activities not intended by game design which affect the economy, the client, player characters or the world itself have a tremendous negative impact on the potential enjoyment for all players.  The effects of these activities take many forms including a bloated game economy, server instability, and allowing unauthorized access to accounts, computers, and player data.

THATS where your programs fall under, nice try,  even if all your friends use it, it does not mean blizzard accepts it.  If all your friends decided drinking the stuff under the kitchen sink was fun, would you take a sip? lol

Ryanzbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ryanzbane
Member since 2005 • 668 Posts
Being banned from WOW is probably one of the greatest things that could happen to you my son.  Take this blessing and run with it!