Just bought Supreme Commander, But it doesn't work!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Mcgnnis1
Member since 2006 • 811 Posts

I just bought Supreme Commander from Best Buy and after installing it it keeps giving me the message that i have the wrong disc inserted in my dvd drive. does anybody know what should i do?

stoutlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 stoutlad
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts
In "My Computer" does it show up as SupCom? It must be recognizing the cd if you got it to install. Did it only come with one disc?
Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mcgnnis1

yeah, it only came with one dvd and it does shows up as SupCom and after the installation completed i tried to run it and all it says is that i have the wrong disc inserted..i dunno why its showing me that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

sounds odd... likely some software you have on your pc that interferes with it, try patching the game, it might help.

jehuty12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jehuty12
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

If you bought the best buy branded supcom (one with free game download) they seem to have a problem with burning discs properly. So you can either

A. Patch up to the latest supcom patch which doesn't require the cd to play or

B. Return the game to best buy for a replacement so you can get two free games (what I did)

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mcgnnis1

If you bought the best buy branded supcom (one with free game download) they seem to have a problem with burning discs properly. So you can either

B. Return the game to best buy for a replacement so you can get two free games (what I did)

jehuty12

Ahh..I see. Let me try Option A. See what happens otherwise i'll try Option B. Though Thanks a bunch for your advice.

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mcgnnis1

jehuty12

OMG!!! IT WORKED!!!...Really Thanks a Bunch. I feel so stupid for not thinking of patching up the game.

jehuty12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jehuty12
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

[QUOTE="jehuty12"]

Mcgnnis1

Ahh..I see. Let me try Option A. See what happens otherwise i'll try Option B. Though Thanks a bunch for your advice.

Yeah same thing happened to me; after patching I had the game running fine but still returned the game to best buy out of principle (and wanting to get Plants vs. Zombies and World of Goo free:P).