Just bought medieval 2 total war HELP?!?!?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Paddy345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Paddy345
Member since 2007 • 860 Posts
I just bought the gold edition and am playing as Ireland but i hate the way you have to rush your turns as there aren't enough, is there a way to get unlimited turns or increase them as this is the only turn off, apart from that one of the best games i've every played, i LOVE it but please help?
Angarah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Angarah
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

I NEVER play to win with the turns. The game doesnt end when your "winning condition" turns run out.

I think its more fun to play with your own objectives, like convert the entire Middle East to Cathlocism without taking it over... or play as a "police" nation and try to prevent war in Europe without taking any cities (REALLY hard. I just sat armies at all the bridges and hoped that would prevent any fighting :P)

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

Yeah, I've never actually bothered with the campaign goals. Set yourself the goal of world domination and play till you're finished. The game gives you the option to keep playing after your time limit expires.

Those campaign goals are just to give the game direction, since it can seem pretty overwhelming and you might not be sure what to do, or how to go about it. But if you have a clearly defined objective, you can work towards that.

But screw them, conquer the world one province at a time. Make sure you kill as many French people as you possibly can for me. Those guys are nothing but trouble for me.

Paddy345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Paddy345
Awwww great thanks so much but do the real events keep happening like the great plague and other events and does technology still increase after the turns run out and also does that mean i could be still playing in the year 2000 but everything will still be medieval based in technology?
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

lol no I dont think tech evolves to modern stuff. They have like the highest "tech" infantry, siege weapons, and horses but after that I think youre capped.

It takes so long to get there, though, that you should be close to taking the whole world over.

Watch out for the Mongols!

Paddy345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Paddy345

lol no I dont think tech evolves to modern stuff. They have like the highest "tech" infantry, siege weapons, and horses but after that I think youre capped.

It takes so long to get there, though, that you should be close to taking the whole world over.

mrbojangles25

yea but it's the britannia campaign so there only is Ireland and Britain so won't have to worry about them, is there a way to explore france or whatever so i can conquer rest of europe or the Americas or are you limited cause this is the only campaign i can play as Ireland

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Paddy345

yea but it's the britannia campaign so there only is Ireland and Britain so won't have to worry about them, is there a way to explore france or whatever so i can conquer rest of europe or the Americas or are you limited cause this is the only campaign i can play as Ireland

oh idunno, soudns like youre playing the expansion, which I dont have.

In vanilla Total War 2 you conquer the rest of Europe in addition to north africa and the middle east. Essentially you can conquer from Norway to Morocco to Baghdad to Russia!

Its great!

Paddy345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Paddy345
[QUOTE="Paddy345"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

mrbojangles25

oh idunno, soudns like youre playing the expansion, which I dont have.

In vanilla Total War 2 you conquer the rest of Europe in addition to north africa and the middle east. Essentially you can conquer from Norway to Morocco to Baghdad to Russia!

Its great!

Ok, am just gonna play it now, thanks for the help

gslaughs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 gslaughs
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts
um there is a config file somewhere (sorry cant be much more help) but in it you can set the amount of years per turn, can set it to like 0.5 i think the default is 2
Trilvester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Trilvester
Member since 2003 • 1857 Posts
Yes real events like plagues and mongols attackinghappen and they are pretty tough.
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts
Yer its a brilliant game. And id totally forogt to install the kingdoms expansion until i read this thread. Thanks for reminding me! :P