Ive tried SWG, Tabula Rasa....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
Ive played CoH/CoV, GW (still playing and will continue)...what MMO is your favorite right now? I'm in the mood for another MMO but I just can't find one that really worth the money. Should I break down and actually try WoW?! omg....something I thought I would never think, type or say.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

nope you should try the best MMORPG out there so called: Eve Online :P

i'm serious...

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
SWG was my favorite, but then Sony came a long and completely ruined it .. bastards.. So now I'm not playing any of them as they all pretty much stink and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
I'd have to agree with EVE Online, great game. If you like CoH/CoV then you might like Tabula Rasa when it comes out. Beware the WoW, it is highly addictive.
Alaris83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Alaris83
Member since 2004 • 1620 Posts
EVE Online is getting a bit overrated if you ask me. My experience with it was very dull and it played more like an overly elaborate economic simulator with a space-age wrapper rather than an MMORPG. TC should probably just do the impossible and try WoW. It's not amazing, but it's probably a better option than the other choices currently.
zavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 zavid
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts
lord of the rings online good payed 150 for lifetime subscription so no monthly fees, waiting for warhammer online, tabula rasa a n for me dnt do scfi mmorpg apart from star wars but sony messed that up.
Zero_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Zero_Space
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts
I really don't get why people are so negative when it comes to WoW. Is it just because it's so popular so the "kewl" thing is to rebel? lol I don't get it...
zavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zavid
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts
i think wows boring you get to level 70 and thats it really, theres no story, pvp ent that fun after a while and the graphics are cartoony
TotalX5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 TotalX5
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts

i think wows boring you get to level 70 and thats it really, theres no story, pvp ent that fun after a while and the graphics are cartoonyzavid

No story?You must notread at all, WoW has a huge story, and it is very detailed. Graphics are cartoony, big woop, that means u dont need a 2000 dollar computer to play.

People hate on WoW because they've never tried, and if they have, they had a crappy guild or they couldn't get end game content. Also because you pay 13 dollars a month. So let's sayu play WoW for a year.. u waste like 160 dollars, ok and in this year you haven't bought another game. I know people who buy 5 games a year or so, thats 300 dollars right there. So think about it the monthly fee is what keeps the game and the new content alive.

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
Nothing really right now. I played WoW for two years. Just got tired of it I guess. I did see that Tabula Rasa. It reminded me of SWG gameplay after they destroyed it. Not really digging it. Right now nothing on the horizon looks interesting. It's pretty much all the same. I was looking forward to conan until I saw several gameplay videos of it. Warhammer is looking alright. Still looking for that special game that gave me the awesome feeling the original swg did.
TotalX5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TotalX5

To this day FFXI is still the best MMORPG made to my opinion, its hard, its fun, keeps you interested, best story, and not alot of 14 year olds play it.

The only reason i stopped playing is because of the gil sellers and bots, they screwed over some of the economy and make it really hard to get drops.

People never give FFXI a chance because they get level 10 and become to lazy to find a group and level up.

When youhit 65 plus and do a level 3 weapon chain with ancient magic bursts theres no better feeling.

darkxinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darkxinos
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts

To this day FFXI is still the best MMORPG made to my opinion, its hard, its fun, keeps you interested, best story, and not alot of 14 year olds play it.

>TotalX5
You're kidding? That game is just a big grind fest with no variation. Quests are just dumb and untill you get a chocobo it takes years to get anywhere. SWG was indeed great, but SoE ruined it yeah. I'd love to see a SWG 2. So far, the best game has been WoW, yes you don't want to hear that, but it's true. They took everything that's good about MMORPG and made a very unoriginal but perfect game. It's arcady feel makes gameplay fun. Gameplay in FFXI, Ragnarok Online, Lineage etc just isn't fun, you only care about lvling your char.
TotalX5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TotalX5

You're kidding? That game is just a big grind fest with no variation. Quests are just dumb and untill you get a chocobo it takes years to get anywhere. SWG was indeed great, but SoE ruined it yeah. I'd love to see a SWG 2. So far, the best game has been WoW, yes you don't want to hear that, but it's true. They took everything that's good about MMORPG and made a very unoriginal but perfect game. It's arcady feel makes gameplay fun. Gameplay in FFXI, Ragnarok Online, Lineage etc just isn't fun, you only care about lvling your char.

Apparently you like quests that are Kill 10 of this guy, and pick up 10 of these items right? Atleast quests in FFXI are fun, unique, and not repetitive. And it is a grind, ill admit, but its more fun grinding with 5 people for hours, than grinding by ur self.

And it only takes long to get anywhere at the start because you have none of the teleport crystals, choco license or a airship pass, once you all that and its not hard to get , you get anywhere fairly quick.

jpkustra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jpkustra
Member since 2003 • 324 Posts

I know people are going to knock me for saying this but give Vanguard a shot. It's $39 now and they have merged my section of servers so there are a lot of people to interact with. I've been playing since launch and although it's had it's ups and downs, it still remains a fun and challenging game. I don't expect MMO's to be perfect and glitch free but I will only pay if the fun factor is there.

WoW has a fun world but I personally can't stand the animation for very long. I've never been into cartoony games no matter what genre.

R.I.P the Pre-CU SWG...

Hell3ent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hell3ent
Member since 2003 • 211 Posts
I've played Guild Wars, CoH/CoV, and WoW...but my current obsession is Eve. Great game, but definately not for everyone.
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 A1B2C3CAL
I heard Vanguard 's community is only young people..I have no clue if thats true or not. So a person can pay one fee for LoTR online and never have to pay again? hmmm sounds interesting.
jpkustra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jpkustra

I heard Vanguard 's community is only young people..I have no clue if thats true or not. So a person can pay one fee for LoTR online and never have to pay again? hmmm sounds interesting.A1B2C3CAL

I don't know where you heard that from. I'm 32 years old and most of my guild all vary in age from college to well older than me. Every game has immature players but I would not say that Vanguard should be labeled as having only young players. Even if they are, that doesn't necessarily mean anything bad.

Maybe I'm odd but I like to think for myself instead of not trying a game based on bad rumors.

To the OP, there's a ton of info(movies, screens, previews) on lots of MMO's here on Gamespot. Look through some and see what catches your eye because you're going to see people on both sides of the fence on every game.

chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts
If you never try WoW, then you should try it now. It's still the best mmorpg on the market. I no longer play it but I had some good time playing it for a year. I'm currently playing CoH/CoV with my bro. The missions may be very repetitive but the combat is very fun. FFXI is pretty good and the quest are well design but the problem I have with it is that most of the time, it'll take over an hour just to get a group; I do not have that much time to burn spaming LFG.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
If you never try WoW, then you should try it now. It's still the best mmorpg on the market.chatri10
It's pretty sad if World of Copycraft is the best mmo out there. That game is truly the dumbest mmo I've ever tried.
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 A1B2C3CAL

[QUOTE="A1B2C3CAL"]I heard Vanguard 's community is only young people..I have no clue if thats true or not. So a person can pay one fee for LoTR online and never have to pay again? hmmm sounds interesting.jpkustra

I don't know where you heard that from. I'm 32 years old and most of my guild all vary in age from college to well older than me. Every game has immature players but I would not say that Vanguard should be labeled as having only young players. Even if they are, that doesn't necessarily mean anything bad.

Maybe I'm odd but I like to think for myself instead of not trying a game based on bad rumors.

To the OP, there's a ton of info(movies, screens, previews) on lots of MMO's here on Gamespot. Look through some and see what catches your eye because you're going to see people on both sides of the fence on every game.

This is where I heard/read the above statement I mentioned. Review I like to think for myself also, i'm just asking others for opinions...nothing wrong with that.
FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts

WOW is the devils work.

The power of Christ compells you the power of Christ compells you!

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
Definitely try EVE online or WoW
chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts

[QUOTE="chatri10"]If you never try WoW, then you should try it now. It's still the best mmorpg on the market.BounceDK
It's pretty sad if World of Copycraft is the best mmo out there. That game is truly the dumbest mmo I've ever tried.

The popularity and the numbers doesn't lie. I'm sure there are also games that you love and others hate and call it dumb. You like some games you hate some games that's just the way it is. Bashing it and calling it dumb is not necessary and you're not really helping the OP. There's no need to start a flame war here.

jpkustra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jpkustra

And right below that guy's bad experience are two people who give the game 9's and one below them with a 7 and one below him with a 6. My point is that the only unbiased opinion I trust is my own. I could go give a WoW a horrible review and back it up with my experiences but that doesn't change someone else's experience with the game.

I wasn't implying you don't think for yourself :) It's always smart to research anything you might be wanting to try. Reviews are just personal opinions whether they are GS or us undividuals.

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 A1B2C3CAL

WOW is the devils work.

The power of Christ compells you the power of Christ compells you!

FlaminDeath
Do you say that because you thought it was so addicting or because you didn't like it!? lol :P