Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thingta42
Member since 2005 • 6120 Posts

This is the Computer i bought.

iBUYPOWER Element CL Gaming Desktop Intel i9-10900K 16GB Memory NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB 1TB SSD Element CL996 - Best Buy

Bought it for a replacement for this laptop of mine. (See below)

• 17.3" Full HD display 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity
  • AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen 7 2.3 gigahertz
  • Solid State Drive Capacity 512 gigabytes
  • 16GB system memory for advanced multitasking (I upgraded the Ram to 16GB's)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics Backed by 4GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory

I gave up trying to get a Computer with a RTX 3000 Series in it. And settled for the 2080 instead.

I have terrible luck with computers everytime i buy one, i get scorned that "I should have waited and got a better one)

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

Yeah, that's a pretty good setup. I've heard Best Buy prebuilts can be of inconsistent quality, but the components in this thing at least are all good stuff.

Yeah, you can always get better stuff if you wait, but this will run pretty much anything you throw at it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@thingta42: Yes, it is good. However, that RTX 2080 Super has a waterblock on it for liquid cooling. This makes it more difficult to sell/upgrade the GPU after. Do they also include the original fan/cooling solution for the GPU in the box?

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thingta42

@BassMan said:

@thingta42: Yes, it is good. However, that RTX 2080 Super has a waterblock on it for liquid cooling. This makes it more difficult to sell/upgrade the GPU after. Do they also include the original fan/cooling solution for the GPU in the box?

I really don't know. How does having the waterblock make it harder to upgrade? Would i still be able to eventually swap it out for a 3000 series card?

I was limited with the hardware given how everything was getting sold out.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BassMan

@thingta42 said:
@BassMan said:

I really don't know. How does having the waterblock make it harder to upgrade? Would i still be able to eventually swap it out for a 3000 series card?

That's the problem... it does not become a quick swap after. That water block setup will most likely not fit the new video card. So, you will have to take apart your new video card, buy a new waterblock for the new video card and modify that custom water loop. It will be complicated for someone who is buying a pre-built system. However, you can always pull out the liquid cooling after and just buy a new CPU cooler and easily swap out the GPU. Either way, what would normally be a simple GPU swap becomes a more complicated and costly process.

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thingta42

@BassMan said:
@thingta42 said:
@BassMan said:

That's the problem... it does not become a quick swap after. That water block setup will most likely not fit the new video card. So, you will have to take apart your new video card, buy a new waterblock for the new video card and modify that custom water loop. It will be complicated for someone who is buying a pre-built system. However, you can always pull out the liquid cooling after and just buy a new CPU cooler and easily swap out the GPU. Either way, what would normally be a simple GPU swap becomes a more complicated and costly process.

I'm under the impression the watercooling could be swapped out for a regular heatsink on both the cpu and GPU eventually?

I'm just worried that the water is going to leak everywhere haha. This would be the first time having a water cooled System.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BassMan

@thingta42 said:
@BassMan said:
@thingta42 said:
@BassMan said:

I'm under the impression the watercooling could be swapped out for a regular heatsink on both the cpu and GPU eventually?

I'm just worried that the water is going to leak everywhere haha. This would be the first time having a water cooled System.

Yes, you can use regular heatsink and fan setup for both the CPU and GPU after. When you buy your next GPU, it will come with its own heatsink and fans. You will not have to do anything to it as long as you are not using the liquid cooling. You can also buy an AIO (All-In-One) cooler for the CPU after if you want to keep it liquid cooled and don't want to mess with the custom loop that came with the PC. The PC you bought is good and a 2080 Super is very good for 1440p gaming. It will last you a long time. So, you will not have to worry about getting a new GPU for a while unless you are targeting 4K or Ultrawide monitor.

I wouldn't worry about the water leaking. It has a warranty anyway.

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thingta42

@BassMan said:
@thingta42 said:
@BassMan said:
@thingta42 said:
@BassMan said:

Yes, you can use regular heatsink and fan setup for both the CPU and GPU after. When you buy your next GPU, it will come with its own heatsink and fans. You will not have to do anything to it as long as you are not using the liquid cooling. You can also buy an AIO (All-In-One) cooler for the CPU after if you want to keep it liquid cooled and don't want to mess with the custom loop that came with the PC. The PC you bought is good and a 2080 Super is very good for 1440p gaming. It will last you a long time. So, you will not have to worry about getting a new GPU for a while unless you are targeting 4K or Ultrawide monitor.

Ahh man! i was about to say what you said regarding the resolution. So I'm not looking for 4k Gaming on this rig. I was hoping to do 1080p at a minimum or ideally 1440p. (I did buy a 4k Monitor which i suppose can do 1440p too) I really think 4k is blown out of proportion on a small monitor type screen. I mean i love 4K, i have a 55" Inch 4k TV and a 4K Movie player, so i respect the format. But for a Smaller Monitor i'd prefer 1080p or 1440p. I was hoping to upgrade to 1440p as i said with my new rig. So if the Card is perfect for that! then that's great! i really wasn't intending to upgrade for quite some time anyhow. And if i did it would probably be the Ram first followed by GPU or an additional SSD Drive, because i'd rather not touch the water-cooled stuff until i have to. And at that point i hope the 3000 series cards are more available and lower in price.

Is the 2080 Super like one of the better cards Prior to the 3000 series?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BassMan

@thingta42 said:
@BassMan said:
@thingta42 said:
@BassMan said:

Ahh man! i was about to say what you said regarding the resolution. So I'm not looking for 4k Gaming on this rig. I was hoping to do 1080p at a minimum or ideally 1440p. (I did buy a 4k Monitor which i suppose can do 1440p too) I really think 4k is blown out of proportion on a small monitor type screen. I mean i love 4K, i have a 55" Inch 4k TV and a 4K Movie player, so i respect the format. But for a Smaller Monitor i'd prefer 1080p or 1440p. I was hoping to upgrade to 1440p as i said with my new rig. So if the Card is perfect for that! then that's great! i really wasn't intending to upgrade for quite some time anyhow. And if i did it would probably be the Ram first followed by GPU or an additional SSD Drive, because i'd rather not touch the water-cooled stuff until i have to. And at that point i hope the 3000 series cards are more available and lower in price.

Is the 2080 Super like one of the better cards Prior to the 3000 series?

Yeah, 2080 Super is still a great GPU and is only behind the 2080 Ti (the best prior to 3000 series). Your new rig destroys your old laptop. Now it is time to enjoy it. Congrats. :)

LoobPlayer11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#11 LoobPlayer11
Member since 2021 • 22 Posts

Yes this pc is really good with 3000 Nvidia series if you can afford and also check more to intel gaming pc which can handle best GPU Best Intel Gaming PC