is this a good 500 dollar budget PC build ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sharpspike39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sharpspike39
Member since 2006 • 240 Posts

Ok ive worked on my build from what some helping people ive talked to on here told me and I think I got all the problems worked out with it. Can someone tell me if this all looks good from what i modified from last time?

I need to be at 500 dollars and this seems to be the best I can make and I seem to be happy with it with the games I tend to play on it. (Mostly big,high demanding games)

Does this all look pretty good to you guys?

Really need some opinions, thanks :)

PC Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2Woc1

Also is there a way to buy all of these parts in one go or do i have to buy each one seperatly?

Sorta new at this stuff.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Won't be any "big,high demanding games" without a gpu,since you can't expect miracles from an APU.

And you can't order all theses parts on pcpartpicker as you need to order from each websites.

Get this ram

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-memory-bls2kit4g3d1609ds1s00

Cheaper PSU

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx430

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Get 4gbx2 DDR3 and the psu is fine

sharpspike39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sharpspike39

Oh someone told me that i wouldnt need a gpu since i have an apu? I dont totally understand all of this yet.

Also its telling me theres an incompatibility issue with the ram you told me to add? Also those are way too expensive for my budget...

Magescrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Magescrew
Member since 2008 • 541 Posts

Any CPU made in the last four years + an Nvidia 750 TI + a bunch of bargain parts from newegg.com and a case should be enough to last you for this console generation, and it'll probably be around $500 without the monitor.

sharpspike39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sharpspike39

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2WqhC

Ok is this all i need for a decent gaming pc then?

Im starting completely from scratch btw.

C-THREE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By C-THREE
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I would swap the a55 motherboard for a msi fm2-a75ma-e35 motherboard. it's about $59 and currently out of stock at newwegg but it's worth the wait or find it somewhere else. also go with 4gb x 2 ram for that motherboard.i have a a10 5800k and as long as you are gaming at 1080p or below with mid settings it gets the job done. it's better than a xbox 360/ ps3 but not as good as a ps4/xbox one. but a little later you can throw in a NVidia 750 ti like someone suggested and you'll be good to go.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@sharpspike39 said:

Oh someone told me that i wouldnt need a gpu since i have an apu? I dont totally understand all of this yet.

Also its telling me theres an incompatibility issue with the ram you told me to add? Also those are way too expensive for my budget...

The build looks good. And since you have an APU you dont need a graphics card. Since an APU is a cpu+gpu under one roof. Now later on when you want to play more demanding games you can get a graphics card with a better budget.

sharpspike39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sharpspike39

@04dcarraher said:

@sharpspike39 said:

The build looks good. And since you have an APU you dont need a graphics card. Since an APU is a cpu+gpu under one roof. Now later on when you want to play more demanding games you can get a graphics card with a better budget.

Ok awesome and thats actually what i was wanting to do with it later down the line. Thanks for your help. :) and thanks everyone else too for helping me.

Avatar image for The_Animator420
The_Animator420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Animator420
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

I would swap the Biostar mobo for a better brand. Also unsure about the memory brand. Possibly try more reliable brands if you can afford it. As another user said, a 750 Ti would be a great fit for this build and it would last you awhile.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I would go with Asus/Gigabyte/ASRock/MSI as MOBO brand.

Also try to get a better Wifi adapter - a one with antenna.

C-THREE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By C-THREE
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@sharpspike39:

Dude that a55 board is killing your future longevity. it has no hdmi port, it only has sata 3 gb/s where the standard now is sata 6gb/s, no usb 3.0 the new standard, it has no crossfire/ sli support, and it cost as much as a a75 motherboard. the motherboard is where you don't want to skimp on features because it's what ties and holds everything together. please do yourself a favor and look for a a75 motherboard man.