Is there a PC game similar to Heavy Rain??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 morbid_warrior
Member since 2011 • 229 Posts

Hey Guys, I was at my friends place and he was playing Heavy rain on his PS3...I really liked the genre and story of the game...Is there any game similar to that on the PC?

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
Fahrenheit maybe?
Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Fahrenheit maybe?NerubianWeaver

yeah Fahrenheit / Ingido Prophecy. it's made by Quantic Dream, the same studio that made Heavy Rain.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
You mean a game that plays exactly like Heavy Rain, then the only one is Indigo Prophecy. Other than that there are a lot of adventure titles on PC, but nothing really has the budget of Heavy Rain. They are a lot of better games though. Try Still Life, a noir serial killer mystery, the storyline is much better than Heavy Rain, which doesn't even make sense.
morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 morbid_warrior
Member since 2011 • 229 Posts

Thanks a lot..was looking for a good adventure game...will try still life

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

I hear the upcoming Jurassic Park game by Telltale is basically Heavy Rain with dinosaurs.

BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

Fahrenheit is very much worth a play through i think. It's fairly intense and suspenseful and sucks you in right from the start. The only downside for me were the last couple of plot twists which feel like they might as well have been borrowed from a totally different and craptastic story. Then again there's a pretty cool reward once you get past that. Give it a try. btw if you can play it with a controller, it will make your life easier.

Niner0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Niner0
Member since 2005 • 1630 Posts

Fahrenheit is very much worth a play through i think. It's fairly intense and suspenseful and sucks you in right from the start. The only downside for me were the last couple of plot twists which feel like they might as well have been borrowed from a totally different and craptastic story. Then again there's a pretty cool reward once you get past that. Give it a try. btw if you can play it with a controller, it will make your life easier.

BLKR4330
Yeah, the ending of Fahrenheit was completely ridiculous. Still one of the most memorable games I've played.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="BLKR4330"]

Niner0
Yeah, the ending of Fahrenheit was completely ridiculous. Still one of the most memorable games I've played.

Wasn't it meant as a trilogy but they didn't have the money/ratings to make part 2....?
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

Every point and click ever made. I suggest Syberia, Longest Journey, Tunguska.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Heavy Rain was one of the few console exclusives I really liked lasst year.

It reminded mf of the Tex Murphy games from years ago a bit. Also some things similair to 7th guest and Syberia

Niner0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Niner0
Member since 2005 • 1630 Posts
[QUOTE="Niner0"][QUOTE="BLKR4330"]

FelipeInside

Wasn't it meant as a trilogy but they didn't have the money/ratings to make part 2....?

I believe it was, but really, after that ending, there wasn't much left to work with...
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="Niner0"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Niner0"] Yeah, the ending of Fahrenheit was completely ridiculous. Still one of the most memorable games I've played.

I believe it was, but really, after that ending, there wasn't much left to work with...

Well yes, but if it was a trilogy it would have made sense, cause they leave you wanting more and therefore explain it in part 2...
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Lots of smaller adventure games which are quite similar. Usually freeware as well, just have to dig around sites like TIG source.