Is there a chance to see DMC 5 on PC ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 macronia
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts

Hizz

after Capcom has said DMC 5 on 360 and ps3 .. i said to my self what about PC ?

it is capcom and all recent games from this company ported on PC and with excellent port

then what about DMC series on PC ?

DMC 4 was very awesome and great game (controls out of subject)

what do u think guys ?

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Yes, there's a chance. Capcom are dudes who make PC ports often. We can only hope that the port will be better than DMC 4's.
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

Yes, there's a chance. Capcom are dudes who make PC ports often. We can only hope that the port will be better than DMC 4's.Crimsader

DMC 4 was a fantastic port wasn't it? I never bought it but from reviews and what not PC version was the best.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
Slimmer by the day, I'm afraid. There seems to be a slight but noticeable dip in Capcom's enthusiasm to release games on the PC recently. The only notable Capcom PC game coming out I can think of is Dead Rising 2. Which is a shame. DMC4 PC looked great and ran silky smooth, and the gameplay was slick and satisfying. That game got my attention at the wonders of Capcom's MT Framework engine and Capcom themselves as a serious PC developer/publisher.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Crimsader

[QUOTE="Crimsader"]Yes, there's a chance. Capcom are dudes who make PC ports often. We can only hope that the port will be better than DMC 4's.Frozzik

DMC 4 was a fantastic port wasn't it? I never bought it but from reviews and what not PC version was the best.

No, just the opposite. If I had a console at the time it came out, I'd buy the console version.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
[QUOTE="Frozzik"]

[QUOTE="Crimsader"]Yes, there's a chance. Capcom are dudes who make PC ports often. We can only hope that the port will be better than DMC 4's.Crimsader

No, just the opposite. If I had a console at the time it came out, I'd buy the console version.

Really? I consider Dmc4 capcoms best PC port I fail to see how the console version would be better assuming your PC is decent you can run it at high resolutions well above that of consoles with AA and AF resulting in better image quality and no lag at all and you can plug in a 360 controller or any gamepad of your choice to play it with. The only "argument" I could see of getting the console version would be i want to play on a bigger screen on a more comfortable couch but that's arbitrary since monitors/T.V's are not system dependent. You can connect consoles to monitor which i know quite a few people who do and enjoy it and you can also connect PC's to HDTV which i do and when i play a games with a controller its laying down on my bed.
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Id say theirs at-least a decent chance of it being ported but, i don't know when so don't get your hopes up
FrostMTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FrostMTG
Member since 2010 • 471 Posts

[QUOTE="Frozzik"]

[QUOTE="Crimsader"]Yes, there's a chance. Capcom are dudes who make PC ports often. We can only hope that the port will be better than DMC 4's.Crimsader

I hope this Crimsader guy is trolling us for the lulz.

Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hakkai007
Member since 2005 • 4905 Posts

I played the DMC4 PC version is it ran silky smooth with no problems.

Not sure what he is talking about.

Lost Planet 2 Demo also runs silky smooth at max directx9 settings.

And this is running on a 3 year old PC at 1680x1050.

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

Slimmer by the day, I'm afraid. There seems to be a slight but noticeable dip in Capcom's enthusiasm to release games on the PC recently. The only notable Capcom PC game coming out I can think of is Dead Rising 2. Which is a shame. DMC4 PC looked great and ran silky smooth, and the gameplay was slick and satisfying. That game got my attention at the wonders of Capcom's MT Framework engine and Capcom themselves as a serious PC developer/publisher.madrocketeer

remeber the only pc versions of capcom games that were announced at the same day with the console versions were Dead rising 2 Bionic comando and Dark void. PC versions of RE5 DMC 4 LP1&LP2 were announced months after the console versions. I was a bit worried when capcom yesterday announed DMC5 and Asura only for consoles. Is there something to worry about or capcom will announce pc versions of these games after the console versions? I have 360 but i prefer playing on pc due to better graphics mods better frames e.t.c. Dont forget that they didnt release pc versions of SSF4 and RE5G on pc...

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="Crimsader"]Yes, there's a chance. Capcom are dudes who make PC ports often. We can only hope that the port will be better than DMC 4's.Frozzik

Yeah the DMC4 port was a very good port. Just hook up a 360 controller and you're good to go.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Somehow i doubt it. Capcom was once very enthusiastic about developing on PC, but not any longer.
yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yemen_headshot
Member since 2010 • 514 Posts
history repeating itself, it will be released 4-6 months after the consoles release *cough* RE5, SF, LP 1&2 and DMC 4 *cough*
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Somehow i doubt it. Capcom was once very enthusiastic about developing on PC, but not any longer.GeneralShowzer
I'm sorry?
shane_orija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shane_orija
Member since 2008 • 910 Posts
After, they announced a PC port for LP 2, I think its very likely that we'll be seeing a port for DMC 5.
THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

If they do, first thing I'm doing is modding the Dante model.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Crimsader

[QUOTE="Crimsader"][QUOTE="Frozzik"]

FrostMTG

I hope this Crimsader guy is trolling us for the lulz.

Yeah, indeed for the lulz...
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
only developers who has done their job when they joined PC gaming alliance all others in PC gaming alliance is meh
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

[QUOTE="Frozzik"]

I disagree...DMC 4 is optimized for both 64-bit Windows as well as DX 10...it runs very well on my 64-bit PC.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

macronia

Did you search?:)

Link

macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 macronia
well as Shadow of the Damned on gamespot said on PC but when u watch the trailer it is only ps3 , 360 so i can't relay on gamespot
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

well as Shadow of the Damned on gamespot said on PC but when u watch the trailer it is only ps3 , 360 so i can't relay on gamespotmacronia

gamespot also said that Dead space 2 is for pc before ea announce it. Also capcom has a habit of announcing pc versions after the release of console versions (LP 1&@ DMC4 RE5 e.t.c) the only pc versions of capcom games that were announced at the same time were the pc versions of Dark void DR2 SF4 .

macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 macronia
well we can't argue about that .. just hope we can get our hands on it :D
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#24 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Not sure, If capcom wants it sure.. I wont bite into it. I'd much rather get Vanquish, Enslaved or Shadow Of The Damned to come to the PC, maybe even that Castlevania game.
Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts

After, they announced a PC port for LP 2, I think its very likely that we'll be seeing a port for DMC 5.shane_orija
Capcom had the media playing LP2 on the PC build before any other version, probably to hype up the visuals even if they didn't properly represent what the real games were going to look like. I think Capcom's PC releases would be better selling if they released them alongside the console versions, as I don't see the PC versions taking a bite out of the console sales considering PC gamers tend to be a different breed of gamer. I may have a PS3, but I'm the kind of person who will wait for a later released PC version if it's announced. The majority of my friends (mostly console gamers) love to ask me if I'm getting a game for my PS3, to which I reply, "no, I'm waiting for the PC version" to which they scoff lol.

Meet391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Meet391
Member since 2011 • 132 Posts

macronia posted:

Hizz

after Capcom has said DMC 5 on 360 and ps3 .. i said to my self what about PC ?

it is capcom and all recent games from this company ported on PC and with excellent port

DMC 4 was very awesome and great game (controls out of subject)

what do u think guys ?

Hey, don't give up hope yet. The wikipedia page for DmC: Devil May Cry slates the game as to be released for PC too. Hoewever, its wikipedia, so it may have been edited by anyone.