is stalker: clear sky a good game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts

Does this game play a lot like Fallout 3? I've also heard many people said it's buggy as hell. Is it worth buying for $35 from steam?

nightharvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 nightharvest
Member since 2005 • 1782 Posts
It's worth $US15 on Ebay (inclusive of postage) or US$20 for the special edition with a map etc. $US35 is steep for any game - and most six months after release can be found at 50% of original price. Good game, worth a place in any collection. 8)
2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts

well ive been watching videos like this one link

It looks extremely broken. I know the guy has his iron sight dead on and its not hitting the guy?

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
It's a good game, but not amazing. Now the first game, Shadow of Chernobyl--now that's an amazing game.

well ive been watching videos like this one link

It looks extremely broken. I know the guy has his iron sight dead on and its not hitting the guy?

2uneek4u
That's because he has a very cheap weapon. Progress more into the game and you'll start getting better gear. Also, the game models bullet ballistics so simply putting your crosshair over the guy doesn't mean that the bullet is going to go exactly straight and hit him.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
its prolly hitting but the guy is wearing something called...armor :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

condition of weapon/ spread and such are very much accounted for in the game, so if you use a cheap as* weapon that has worn down youll hit nothing.

Also Ironsights does not improve the acc of the first 3-4 rifles in the game, of slightly realistic reasons, the first bullet usually hits, but those rifles are made by a few pieces, they have 3-4 moving parts and the barrel aint one of them, so the guns barrels starts vibrating after the first shot, so much that most older ak varraints bullets start to fly wild byas much as20 degrees off mark in fully auto (at targets 50+m away.)

Singleshot works nicely tho ^^ and yeah there are armor.

Anyways to the game itself :P

Yeah it is a very good game, it is more of a "war" game which was a survival game, I have never noticed any real gamebreaking bugs with STALKER: CS and only one crash in my 2 60+ hour game.

The story and planning of the game is worse then the first one, but gamemechanics, graphics, and loot are higher up, and way more interresting this time around

Also It is not as scary as the first one, there is alot more people around, which can be friendlys and help you out.

Just a tip if you havent playied any stalker games, they are tactical in nature, meaning if you run and gun, without using cover, sneaking up, or sniping you WILL get your ass handed to you, every enemy is equipped with the same range of equipment as the player has access to, so later in the game they will NOT be pushovers, altho in the beginning you can pretty much just knife them to save ammo ^^

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
It's an amazing game. Yahtzee's review sums it quite well http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/271-S-T-A-L-K-E-R-Clear-Sky You need to patch the game.
Xaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xaiden
Member since 2006 • 260 Posts

brilliant if you get all the patches installed first with out them its just a nightmare to run on certain higher settings, i don't think i played any other game whilst it was installed. cannot wait for the next one.

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts
You'll really like Stalker: CS, as long as you keep these things in mind: -Artifact hunting is near impossible unless you have the best detector, so get that early. -Aim for the head -Upgrade your gear whenever possible -There is a point early on in the game where you will encounter an impossible situation. Backtrack and go the other way. You'll see it on your map. -Joining a faction will make the last half of the game very, very difficult, but you'll get some okay gear and a good vendor. -Capturing and defending territory for your faction is usually fruitless. Half the time your orders will be canceled before you even arrive to the area, and squads sent to relieve you from holding a position often forget to show up. That, or the game never acknowledges that they arrived. So basically, only help out your faction if you REEAALY need the cash. -Expect to ragequit the game several times while playing through it. It's hard.
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

2uneek4u

Thats becasue this isnt CoD, guns arnt 100% accurate.

IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
The mod community really took this game under it's wing and changed enough stuff that everything is at least somewhat improved. If you didn't like the state it was in when it launched (it wasn't spectacular to me, but I could still dig it), then just mod the hell out of it and you should be fine. Overall, it was good. Not amazing, but worth a look, if only for the awesome Faction War thing.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

I finished both S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games without any mods, and even with technical problems before the patches I still consider this the best FPS series since Half-Life 2.