is sims2 a good game for PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ultragamer2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ultragamer2007
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i've heard it was a good game but i ididn't know if i should buy it. Is it worth buying?

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
It's definitely worth buying
ciezar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ciezar
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts
Basic version of sims 2 is good, but this game is much better with expansions.
adam0926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 adam0926
Member since 2006 • 5064 Posts
yeah its a good game make sure you get all the expansion packs with it
Shegevara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Shegevara
Member since 2005 • 2124 Posts

yea.. when i was playing the full game i always tought it is missing something. Now that i have al x-packs, there is so much to do!

Worth buying 

homefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 homefreak
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
I also own the sims 2 but I dont have enough money to buy all the expansion packs at once. Which one sould I get first?
GlenQuagmire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GlenQuagmire
Member since 2003 • 11783 Posts
Get Open For Business for your first expansion pack.
Agent_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Agent_13
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
The expansion packs are rubbish. They add like 2 hours of identical gameplay. And I haven't many kind words for sims 2 either. EA suck.
mazare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 mazare
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
Sims is pretty boring game (aka real life wannabe game), its like real life in computer game nothing else.
gamerwiz09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 gamerwiz09
Member since 2006 • 820 Posts

Its good, but I haven't played it in a while, I have all expansion packs though. I'd defenitly get pets and seasons, and either university, or nightlife depending on what you like to do. Open for buisness was my least favorite.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

according to official statistics......Sims 2 is the best selling game in the whole wide world. :shock: ( i could be mistaken, tho )

so, i guess it's pretty safe bet :)

ZuljinRaynor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 ZuljinRaynor
Member since 2005 • 1310 Posts

Fantastic game.

I'd get University from a gameplay point, since it gives your Sims more wants, Nightlife is good with it's additions.  I'd also get Seasons.  Open for Business is really tedious but it can be fun and Pets, well, the appeal lasted a short time for me.  Seasons is my favorite though.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#13 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
I have Sims 2 installed and go in it from time to time, but I hardly ever play the story mode. In fact, I haven't played the story mode in 6 months. I just have one town full of crazy house designs of my own creation, and that's all I ever do nowadays: build houses.
Airek49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Airek49
Member since 2003 • 1081 Posts

If you love The Sims, you LOVE The Sims.

If you hate it, you HATE it.

You will always hear about "goplay real life instead, ok?? ^_^ LOLL!" Which is completely rubbish. Give it a shot. Chances are you'll love it. 

Agent_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Agent_13

according to official statistics......Sims 2 is the best selling game in the whole wide world. :shock: ( i could be mistaken, tho )

Jinroh_basic

I think it is top of the selling charts. But just because it sells well doesn't mean it's a good game. It might do. But it might just mean that loads of ignorant people who know nothing about good games have gone and bought it... Along with it's way too numorous expansions.

Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dracunos
Member since 2004 • 1154 Posts
[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

Agent_13

I think it is top of the selling charts. But just because it sells well doesn't mean it's a good game. It might do. But it might just mean that loads of ignorant people who know nothing about good games have gone and bought it... Along with it's way too numorous expansions.

Yeah, people definitely have no clue when they are enjoying themselves, or when they are playing a video game and subjecting themselves to a negative experience. Most people are so dumb they don't even understand that they aren't actually having fun.

The Sims 2 is a fun game for me, but it gets old pretty fast. (compared to most games I play it lasts a decent while, though). It's definitely hilarious, and a game I believe everyone should play, just because the life sim games are a pretty unique experience, and can be pretty fun, but most of them suck. The Sims 2 is done well, and can be fun, and you can set all sorts of different goals for yourself to reach with a specific sim, or even family. It's really the essense of 'sandbox' play done pretty nicely. But for some it can get boring pretty fast, but because of the sandbox nature of the game you can always come back and try something completely and utterly different (in terms of the goals of your sims, and the different types of challenges) I like the game, personally.

Agent_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Agent_13
It's really a matter of opinion. I just get annoyed with sims sometimes 'cos of all the expansions, there's like 10 of them, lol. But you can have fun, I like doing really stupid stuff like building mazes for the sims to get through or blocking their way to the toilet.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Expansion packs worth getting...University,out for business,pets,seasons, basically every thing but nightlife..Its one i hardly ever touch...The only thing i like about it is...The down town areas...

Sims2 is worth getting..My life loves it an even i get into building houses every now an than...

adam0926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 adam0926
Member since 2006 • 5064 Posts
I would recomend getting the nightlife expansion pack first as it give the sims cars then pets or unibersity
MegaWang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 MegaWang
Member since 2006 • 287 Posts
I have never played it although I have always wanted to. I will play spore and raise my own creature and civilization from a single cell instead.
Agent_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Agent_13

Avoid glamour life stuff and christmas party pack expansions whatever you do. The rest are mediocore.

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
I haven't payed Sims2, I tried Sims1 tho and it wasn't shabbier, kinda boring tho. My biggest issue with Sims is the price, it was released, what, 2 years ago? And it's still the most expensive game in the shelf, excluding collector editions, not to mention those stupid expansion packs, with the price of all the Sim games and expansions I could buy a PS3, hell I could buy a house.
Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dracunos

I haven't payed Sims2, I tried Sims1 tho and it wasn't shabbier, kinda boring tho. My biggest issue with Sims is the price, it was released, what, 2 years ago? And it's still the most expensive game in the shelf, excluding collector editions, not to mention those stupid expansion packs, with the price of all the Sim games and expansions I could buy a PS3, hell I could buy a house.EntwineX

Or you could buy the sims.. And build your OWN houses! Multiple houses, instead of just one! And you can make aaaanything you want in them! 

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EntwineX

[QUOTE="EntwineX"]I haven't payed Sims2, I tried Sims1 tho and it wasn't shabbier, kinda boring tho. My biggest issue with Sims is the price, it was released, what, 2 years ago? And it's still the most expensive game in the shelf, excluding collector editions, not to mention those stupid expansion packs, with the price of all the Sim games and expansions I could buy a PS3, hell I could buy a house.Dracunos

Or you could buy the sims.. And build your OWN houses! Multiple houses, instead of just one! And you can make aaaanything you want in them!

Can I play other games in them...
Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dracunos
Yes
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 EntwineX
YesDracunos
:o That's hard to beat. Now if I could only violently kill people in it, can I ..I dunno, throw babies off a bridge? Because that'd be cool, no game lets you kill babies, not that I really want to, but, uh... Seriously speaking, I might give this game a shot, I like building and managing things, just the whole "overpriced EA girls game" thing has been preventing me.
Agent_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Agent_13

I might give this game a shot, I like building and managing things, just the whole "overpriced EA girls game" thing has been preventing me.
EntwineX

Don't, it's a waste of time and money.

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
Yeah but there is nothing that makes you want to play