This topic is locked from further discussion.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Basicly I got Far Cry 3 but my disc drive stopped working, so I was thinking about downloading a torrent of the game and using my activation code I got with the game, so my question is, is that legal?

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Basicly yes.

G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

Basicly I got Far Cry 3 but my disc drive stopped working, so I was thinking about downloading a torrent of the game and using my activation code I got with the game, so my question is, is that legal?

HyperWarlock

You have to register the game to your UPlay account, so you can easily download it in the UPlay launcher.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Wasn't it added to your Uplay account? I'm not sure if this also works like that, but I've all my AC games available for download on Uplay, some other games aren't added tho, but those are a little older Uplay titles.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I bought the retail version and I can't seem to find a way to use the code to just download it from uplay, so the only option was the discs I have with the game, but typically my dvd drive stopped working.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

For them to tie to your account you need to first install and activate the games on Uplay, if you weren't able to install it even once, then you won't be able to add it.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Okie, I just sent you a message with the Digital River download manager link for Far Cry 3. Fingers crossed that would work for you. I'd post it here, but from my understanding those have download limits.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

No, it's not legal. But the company isn't going to care as long as you bought a legitimate copy and only one person is using it.