Is Heroes of the Storm Warcraft 4 with heroes only?

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

It sure feels and plays like Warcraft 4 if it ever got made except we can't build bases or troops. Just spawn with a hero and kill other heroes. They should have just made Warcraft 4 and add HotS in the custom maps selection.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Its like Warcraft 4 without the scale and scope of any of the Warcraft games, and characters from their other franchises,

So basically, nothing like Warcraft 4.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Havnt they earlier confirmed WC4 somewhere in the future?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
@SoAmazingBaby said:

Havnt they earlier confirmed WC4 somewhere in the future?

If they have, I certainly haven't heard it. And if it's somewhere in the future, I'm guessing many years away. I was thinking Heroes of the Storm is the closest thing anybody is getting to WC4 (for a long time).

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

@Kjranu said:

It sure feels and plays like Warcraft 4 if it ever got made except we can't build bases or troops. Just spawn with a hero and kill other heroes. They should have just made Warcraft 4 and add HotS in the custom maps selection.

that's like saying dota 2 feels like a warcraft 3 mod...

i think it's pretty clear that blizzard is going to add microtransactions to every game in the future, with legacy of the void possible the last game to not include microtransactions.

custom maps just don't make money.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm are not even remotely similar. It's pretty pointless to try and compare them.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

You believe what you want to believe!

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kjranu

@saintsatan said:

Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm are not even remotely similar. It's pretty pointless to try and compare them.

Well, I'm not talking about gameplay per se but graphics and art direction look like they evolved from Warcraft 3. That and the idea of heroes which was basically central to the whole game.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@Kjranu said:
@saintsatan said:

Well, I'm not talking about gameplay per se but graphics and art direction look like they evolved from Warcraft 3. That and the idea of heroes which was basically central to the whole game.

Even graphics/style wise I would say they're not very similar at all. Heroes of the Storm is very silly and doesn't take itself seriously at all while Warcraft tends to be a bit more serious in tone.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kjranu

You're kidding me, right? You're cherrypicking here. The screenshot is a very old one as you can see in the bottom left where it says Nexus rather than Storm. Go play the game (free download brah), and you can pick up a very Warcraft 4 vibe. It doesn't matter if Blizzard games have become rather lighter in mood since 2003.

@saintsatan said:
@Kjranu said:
@saintsatan said:

Even graphics/style wise I would say they're not very similar at all. Heroes of the Storm is very silly and doesn't take itself seriously at all while Warcraft tends to be a bit more serious in tone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

What's it like under that rock? cosy?

How can you not notice the biggest genre in gaming that sprouted from Warcraft III? :P ah well.