Is GTA V PC Worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Is GTA V PC Worth it? (53 votes)

Yes! 49%
No! 13%
Maybe.. 6%
Wait for a Sale. 32%

I already have the Xbox One Version of the game, and I am considering purchasing the PC version because of Modifications and graphical upgrades etc..

Is it worth the 60$ Currently??

#1 Edited by BassMan (9494 posts) -

Yes, it is worth it. You can always get the game cheap off key sites.

#2 Posted by omegaMaster (1091 posts) -

Get it. You will thank me later :)

#3 Posted by locus-solus (1089 posts) -

It goes on sale for 30$ all the time. Also what are your pc specs? If you're having second thoughts just pick up another game on wishlist in meantime.

#4 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5050 posts) -

I really think it all depends on how much you played the game on Xbox One. The game is great, but if you played it to death on Xbox there might not be much value to getting it on PC outside of mods that typically get tired pretty quickly.

#5 Posted by schu (9942 posts) -

depends on your PC specs

#6 Edited by lucidique (545 posts) -

I believe it is. Bought it at launch and still play it sporadically from time to time. The campaign was great and the multiplayer user base is healthy.

Rockstar keeps on releasing new content and things to do regularly.

I would advise waiting on a sale, however.

#7 Posted by TheWildCat (69 posts) -

It is. Buy it from G2A.

#8 Posted by GTR12 (13293 posts) -

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

I really think it all depends on how much you played the game on Xbox One. The game is great, but if you played it to death on Xbox there might not be much value to getting it on PC outside of mods that typically get tired pretty quickly.

This TC, you can only play the same game so much.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
#9 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (23083 posts) -
@thewildcat said:

It is. Buy it from G2A.

i dont know but maybe it's just me (And perhaps only me) but I always find these websites kind of to be sketchy because they sell keys so cheaps

#10 Edited by PredatorRules (12330 posts) -

I pre ordered it for 46$ at launch day, I don't think an old game that you already played worth another full 60$, get it on some Steam sale for 30$.

#11 Posted by TheWildCat (69 posts) -

@TheShadowLord07: I thought that too at first. First game I bought for 5 euros, cheap game. I wasn't that scared after I found out how they get them so cheap. It is like that in some countries they have those games cheaper or they buy them on a sale and then sell them later.

I've bought over 4 games on G2A, my friends also use it, so I think I trust them. About others I don't know.

Avatar image for residentsleeper
#12 Posted by ResidentSleeper (51 posts) -

I would say yes for the story but no because of the Online aspect. The only way to enjoy online is through heavy grinding or shark cards. Most of the stuff you wanna get for your online character is outrageous in price and there are a lot of modders/cheaters that still plague online even if R* says they'll handle it.

#13 Posted by ocphon (183 posts) -

I'm waiting for a sale. :)

#14 Edited by Nick3306 (3425 posts) -

@thewildcat said:

@TheShadowLord07: I thought that too at first. First game I bought for 5 euros, cheap game. I wasn't that scared after I found out how they get them so cheap. It is like that in some countries they have those games cheaper or they buy them on a sale and then sell them later.

I've bought over 4 games on G2A, my friends also use it, so I think I trust them. About others I don't know.

You can trust them to deliver you the game key you bought but it doesn't make what they do any less scummy(big problems with selling keys that were bought with stolen credit cards). Grey market key sites should be avoided at all costs.

#15 Edited by dlM0kn (204 posts) -

I can't recommend even though I do have fun playing with friends if we go into invite only servers and then go into heists or missions from there. The game is too buggy and has at least one modder in the server that likes to ruin everyone's good time. The story mode is pretty meh if you don't like to use single-player mods.

#16 Posted by biggest_loser (24287 posts) -

Once was bad enough lol.

#17 Posted by Stanisc00l (14 posts) -

Sure it is!! GTA never gets old

#19 Posted by techblogger911 (39 posts) -

I can recommend GTA V to anyone anytime :P Never get bored, there's always so much to do.

#20 Edited by warmblur (1314 posts) -

Just having the ability to play it with a mouse and keyboard is a big upgrade at least for me I hate aiming on a gamepad.

#21 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

Nope

GTA series overall is way over rated. I found san andreas to be a good distraction because of the cheat codes and size of the map but overall the game is way over rated

#24 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (3907 posts) -

Games looks and runs great on PC. If you like the game, I would double dip.

#25 Posted by PredatorRules (12330 posts) -

OLD thread locked