Is Borderlands a fun coop game ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

Hey, I'm looking for a fun coop game. I think Borderlands has coop too ? How is it & is it easy to find game ?

thanks

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
It's an extremely fun co-op game that has dozens of hours of gameplay. The only caveat is the online community is spotty...the game is very easy to hack so there's tons of people running around with modded weapons and other kinds of cheats. I would suggest playing with someone you know or with people you meet on a forum that have the same game style as yourself. Also, if you are going to get any of the DLC packs get The Secret Armory of General Knoxx. Adds the most content and the best bosses for item hunting.
yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 yourmajesty90
Member since 2006 • 1420 Posts

It is, I played it Local with my brother and it's damn good fun. Especially when driving a vehicle and shooting. Doing the missions is fun too and the extra loot is worth it. You can exchange weapons if you want and the PvP is entertaining for a bit but I'd rather stick with the co-op.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Never did random online stuff but played alot with a friend from steam and its very fun with just 2 people. Gets insane when you have skags coming from everywhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Its a really fun co-op game, its silly, over the top, has a good sense of humor, and somehow it feels like one of the few games that still acknowlages that it is a game. It has a great artstyle.

More then anyone else, it is just plain dumb fun, kinda like Diablo 2 in an FPS game, oh the countless hours Ive spent in that game finding the right guns, and then finding better versions of them :S Trade guns between players, and just mess about.

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts
I see, that sounds good. I also heard it's a difficult game to play ? anyway, I'm getting this now, Thanks for your replies ;)
snared04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 snared04
Member since 2009 • 455 Posts

Difficult? Not really. Some classes will get rolfpwned by some enemies, but enemy movement, AI, etc is very predictable, and it's actually hard to not outlevel everything around you, so no, not hard.

Fun? Debatable. It's got a few good hours in there, but me and the group of guys I played it with from launch got too bored to even finish it. It's very, VERY repetitive. Once you've been through the first couple of hours, you stop running into things you havent' seen. 98% of weapons you find are worse than what you have, or just bad in general, so the "cool loot system" they touted for months (years?) is a let down most of the time. A lot of the "out there" weapon mods are pretty lamentable, you'll often just go for the one with the best standard mods, a la +dmg%, +accuracy%, etc.

It's not wholly unfun, no, but it definitely didn't live up to the hype, and as to some of the other comments in this thread, I'd definitlely suggest playing only with people you know, because of their lacksidasical attitude towards hacked item control, etc. Also because you can't standardize quest progress, so if the person that starts a game is ahead of you on a quest, you're screwed.

Avatar image for AtheistPreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 AtheistPreacher
Member since 2002 • 1130 Posts

I really, really love Borderlands, I must have put 100 hours into it at least. And it was made with coop in mind, so yeah... highly recommended. Most addictive loot system since Diablo.

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

Difficult? Not really. Some classes will get rolfpwned by some enemies, but enemy movement, AI, etc is very predictable, and it's actually hard to not outlevel everything around you, so no, not hard.

Fun? Debatable. It's got a few good hours in there, but me and the group of guys I played it with from launch got too bored to even finish it. It's very, VERY repetitive. Once you've been through the first couple of hours, you stop running into things you havent' seen. 98% of weapons you find are worse than what you have, or just bad in general, so the "cool loot system" they touted for months (years?) is a let down most of the time. A lot of the "out there" weapon mods are pretty lamentable, you'll often just go for the one with the best standard mods, a la +dmg%, +accuracy%, etc.

It's not wholly unfun, no, but it definitely didn't live up to the hype, and as to some of the other comments in this thread, I'd definitlely suggest playing only with people you know, because of their lacksidasical attitude towards hacked item control, etc. Also because you can't standardize quest progress, so if the person that starts a game is ahead of you on a quest, you're screwed.

snared04

My god this man has it right! Yea, the game is fun for a few hours and then gets stupidly repetitive. Goes incredibly long times without ever throwing new things at you, killing the 200th respawning skag in a row is just not fun. However, the game is totally worth getting with some friends, even if just for a few hours. I believe borderlands is pretty cheap now. Me and my buddies played prolly 75% of it and then just couldnt take it anymore, after a few months came back and finished it just recently.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
I agree with the above posters... I had a blast with Borderlands in co-op. I definitely recommend it.
marcogamer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 marcogamer07
Member since 2008 • 1615 Posts

Borderlands is an alright game. The best part of the game is easily upgrading your weapons and getting new guns. You'd be surprised how much crap ther eis in that game for you to collect.

I'm not really too big on the quests though, as many of them involve "Do this x times then come back to me" type of gameplay. That and I found that the environments get really dry and repetitive after awhile. I thought New Haven looked pretty cool though (I think I'm level 26 or 27 right now, haven't played in awhile). Maybe I just haven't gotten far enough yet. It is pretty easy to level in that game though for the most part.

icen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#12 icen86
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts

Lots of fun, actually one of the best coop games i've played so far.