is 60 fps too low for gaming these days?

• 52 results
urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll is 60 fps too low for gaming these days? (85 votes)

Yeah, get rid of it 9%
No, r u crazy 56%
It depends 29%
Other 5%

Now that 144hz monitors are becoming more and more popular is 60hz for gaming too low? I think so. almost everytime my framerate drops below 60fps when gaming at ultra settings I notice, especially if the character is sprinting.

anything less than a consistent 60 fps when gaming is bad. Its time for the standard for gaming to be 144fps

• 
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I had always been fascinated by people that played first person shooters on multiple monitors.

But it never looked 100% perfect to me as there are bezels cutting off parts of your view and it requires a lot of room on your desk.

Then years ago I saw something like this and it was the perfect solution for me:

Many years after that the first 21:9 monitors started appearing and I was so excited to get one.

Haven't looked back ever since, it's the perfect way to enjoy games to me, and it works especially well in stuff like First Person games and Racing games.

But even in say RTS I've had a massive benefit from switching to 21:9.

If I remember correctly, I was the one who posted that image 6-7 years ago. I can't remember the thread though. ;)

EverydayGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By EverydayGaming
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

Nah it depends of what kind of game u play...

profesional shooters should be played with 100 +

thimovss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By thimovss
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

Really depends on the game, some games are still really playable with 30-60 fps, thinking about FPS games then 144 would be beter