Ionic air cleaner close to computers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MercenaryKnight
MercenaryKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MercenaryKnight
Member since 2003 • 396 Posts

Our house usually has a lot of dust and hair going around because we have dogs and cats. I was wondering, would having an ionic air cleaner too close to computers, manage to cause any problems? I wasn't sure since I don't know if maybe the electric cleaning of the air might do something or have a sort of electric field.

I can try to explain it better if needed. But my main concern would be having one of those air cleaners too close to computers manage to cause any problems?

darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
i dont see why it would be a threat, but if ur really THAT concernd use a humidifier next to ur computer too...Motokid6
you mean a DEhumidifier because moisture and computers dont mix
MercenaryKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MercenaryKnight
Well, I didn't really get one just for the computer... We have quite a few all around the house, it was just I was thinking I should put one in our computer room to try and help keep the computers all cleaned. I just get paranoid since I am still working on my 3000$ computer and building it for the first time, and just want to make sure I don't do something stupid and mess it all up.
darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts

[QUOTE="darkmagician06"][QUOTE="Motokid6"]i dont see why it would be a threat, but if ur really THAT concernd use a humidifier next to ur computer too...Motokid6

you mean a DEhumidifier because moisture and computers dont mix

No a humidifier becuse it takes the static electricity out of the air...its not like they turn the air to mist or anything...

what? static electricity is not "in the air" it comes from friction
MercenaryKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MercenaryKnight
Bump, just hoping for some more confirmation from others.